Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30 Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30

Causes terrible breakouts

I've never had bad acne until I tried this product. Not only did it sting/burn when I applied it, but my whole forehead is completely covered in hive-like, irritated acne. It ruined my skin.

Great Product

I use the SPF 55 version of thus sunscreen. I'm almost through 1 bottle and will definitely be purchasing it again. I bought this because it is oil free and won't cause breakouts- and it lives up to its word. I apply a gel moisturizer first and allow it to absorb into my skin, and then apply the sunscreen. I have tan skin and it initially leaves a bit of a white cast, but after blending it for a few more seconds and then letting it settle, it goes away.

Very good

Didn't break out. Skin felt a little sensitive at first but settled down. Best sunscreen texture I've come across. Not greasy to the touch

Liquid-y, Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen

This is not a moisturizer. It's meant to be used alone or under your usual moisturizer. However, you can just mix it with moisturizer in your palm. If applying by itself, dab the product on with your finger as you would BP, use your finger tips to move it to different locations on the face, and pat the rest in.

Near perfect!

Applies and spreads easily. Does not break me out! But does cause a more skin dryness if used in combination with the Regimen. I cant prevent this dryness by applying more moisturizer: The sunscreen does turn white after a certain threshold of moisture/moisturizer on the skin.

Oily and Break-outs

Made my skin appear even more oily than normal and made me break out badly!

No luck here

I really wanted to like this product! After doing extensive research on what sunscreen to buy for my acne-prone skin, I opted for this. It's fairly cheap but I think it made me break out more. Applying it was okay. The consistency was normal, but had that weird sort of grainy texture that I have experienced from other Neutrogena sunscreens. It did not blend well into my skin. I tried mixing it with my everyday moisturizer, but still no luck. I felt like my skin was very dry and rough using it, but it was not oily. I broke out excessively on my cheeks and chin the first month using it. :(

Comments

Terrible. Made me break out bad.

I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner. For one, it's cheap and readily available because it's OTC and made by Neutrogena, a brand that hasn't disappointed me until now. Because I didn't stop using it sooner, I now have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, as well as pockmarks on my left cheek. Buyers beware: if you're terribly acne-prone, I recommend that you test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't break you out.

Not Good, Broke Out.

I was using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen when I needed a sunscreen that wasn't as oily and I found this product. The label was clearly marketed for people with acne and the reviews seemed to have promise but I was wrong. I used it once on my face and I broke out the next day. And it wasn't even small cute little pimples. It was like cystic acne on my cheeks and chin and I looked absolutely hideous. I guess Neutrogena products don't really fit my skin because I used the make up wipes also and it wasn't good. I wouldn't recommend this for people with pretty sensitive skin because it could end up damaging your precious face.

I had the same experience!! The Ultra Sheer wasn't breaking me out, so I figured this Clear Face would be even better. Not so!! This product made me break out bad.
I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner, For one, it was cheap and effective as sunscreen, and promised to be "break-out free." Now, I have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, and pockmarks on my left cheek. I wish I had stopped using this product sooner. Buyers beware! If you're terribly acne prone, I would test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't do the same to you.

keeps acne under control

this sunscreen does not make me break out, and spf is very important to your skin's health. mix 1/3 tsp with your normal moisturizer and apply to face! :-)

Allergic

I am not sure which ingredient, but my skin acts negatively towards the application of this product. It painfully burns and becomes enflamed in a matter of minutes after I apply it. I have really sensitive skin, so I would not recommend this to others who also have sensitivity or dry patches on their face. I have reacted to another Neutrogena cream for dry skin, so it must be something consistently found in their products that I am allergic to. Hope it works for you.

Mostly "yes"

Ranks "4" on EWG & has oxybenzone, (bad) so it's not the absolute healthiest, but, it's also not the most unhealthy either. Didn't break me out or burn wearing it all day (& reapplied) for a week at the beach. Used it on face, neck, chest, back. And it's unscented, so no itchiness. There are better products for daily facial use (DeVita or MyChelle spf moisturizers) but for serious protection at the beach that won't break you out, this works. As a side note, I used Badger Sport (EWG "1") for arms, legs, stomach, as I prefer physical sunblock to chemical. (Disclaimer: I don't know how it works over BP, as I went off The Regimen during that beach week.)

Comments

Great suncreen! Zero problems with it

No breakouts Doesn't make face look oily Smell isn't strong This sunscreen is awesome. It doesn't cause any breakouts and doesn't have too strong of a smell. It doesn't make my face oily or dry or anything like that, and it isn't visible on my face unless I sweat. I highly recommend this sunscreen, most people mix it in with their moisturizer.

Amazing Sunscreen!

Non Greasy Does Not Cause BreakOuts Does Not Dry Out Skin I switch back and forth between this sunscreen and the Cetaphil Oil Moisturizer with SPF30. I have found the Neutrogena Clear Face works amazingly. It doesn't break me out, and it protests my skin from the harmful rays. It does not dry my skin out, and it does not feel greasy like other sunscreens normally do. Overall this is a good product, and I'm definitely repurchasing it!

Dan

Add 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon to daily moisturizer for great SPF support

Non-comedogenic Fragrance-free Light feel Turns white when you sweat a lot Must reapply after 2 hours - as you must with any chemical SPF Slight sting This is a basic, broad spectrum sunscreen which fulfills its label claim not to break you out. It dispenses as an extremely light feeling liquid, which is ideal to mix into whichever moisturizer you normally use. It stays put throughout the day and provides thorough SPF support. Great product. I mix about 1/3 teaspoon of it into Acne.org Moisturizer and it works great. Unfortunately, it does turn white when you sweat.

Popular SPF 30+