Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

Guest Julie
Guest Julie

Cheap Works if used consistently If it isn't used consistently your face will break out. Acne Lotion will finish before the rest of the system. Try this! It reduced my moderate acne in three days. Best $20 I have spent. Use it consistently to ensure results.

Comments

Works great on smaller, "shallow" pimples Prevents skin from feeling oily Seems to even out skin tone Very drying Not clear - leaves whitish tint May not be effective on cystic acne I finally quit antibiotics after 10 years of poor results. I was prescribed tretinoin but wanted to take one more shot at finding a non-prescription solution. Having never tried a BP-based program, I thought I'd give this a shot. After 6 weeks, it's been a mixed bag, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I can almost feel the stuff working, which is great, but it hasn't caught everything. While the BP suppresses small pimples, it (not surprisingly) has done little to prevent cystic acne. Over the course of six weeks, two large cysts have popped up. I suppose it's possible that long-term use will have some positive effect on cysts, but I'm not sure that's a fair expectation for this product. The acne lotion will dry your skin. So, as everyone says, moisturize. It's a small price to pay for me. As someone who suffered from oily skin, the BP has completely fixed that. I feel oil-free throughout the day after using the BP lotion in the morning. Overall, the results have been better than antibiotics so far. I suspect that this is a great solution for those suffering from mild an/or non-cystic acne. For me, there is certainly hope that it will be a complete solution, but at the very least using this system regularly ensures that my skin is clean, exfoliated and not oily.

Guest D
Guest D

Works Drying Is use it once in the day and once at night and use it EVERYDAY. You cannot miss a day or you will definitely not See any improvement. I have been using it consistently for almost two months and right now I only have about ten extremely small pimples on my forehead and two on my chin as apposed to the hundreds I had all over my face two months ago. I only get one pimple every few days as apposed to five new zits every day. I don't get cystic acne anymore, and all my black heads are gone. However This system is not perfect, in fact I can't even use the acne lotion anymore because it's way to drying and it makes me break out more and I had to switch it out for the "On The Spot Treatment" also it take like a month and a half to see any real results (so you have to be patient and just keep using it twice a day) but it definitely has improved my skin significantly. I think if I keep up this regime all my acne will be gone in a month or so. This stuff is the only thing that has worked for me, Clean and Clear sucked for me, so did Clearasil their kits were way too fragrant and harsh on my skin, so if your like me and have sensitive, normal/combo/oily skin then I recommend trying this kit out. Just remember be consistent! And Use it Twice a day, everyday!

Comments

Convenient to buy Works great Sunscreen in lotion None! I've had moderate acne for 10+ years (I'm 25), its never been bad enough to see a doctor but I always hoped it would clear with age, and it never did. I tried every OTC product I could find. Last winter I was visiting my younger cousin and she used this system, so I used it while I was there for about 3 days. In that time, I noticed a significant difference in my skin tone, it looked smooth and healthy. My breakouts were clearing up right away also. I bought some right away, and after the first 2 months of using it consistently, my face was much more clear. The cleanser is wonderful and really cleans everything off. The acne cream is drying, but my face got used to it. I wash and use the cream twice daily, and only use the sunscreen lotion during the day (I live in S. FL and sunscreen is a must), it has been working wonders for me. I've been using the products for about 5 months now, not only are my breakouts gone, but my skin tone is like a child's skin and gets better every month - I've completely stopped wearing face makeup and I'm sure that helps my complexion as well. Everyone has different skin and this probably won't work well for everyone, but if you have mild acne and can commit to using the same products consistently, give it a shot - you have nothing to lose!

Comments

Works Cheap Doesnt smell VERY DRYING Moisterizer doesnt work well Im 21 years old and ive been dealing with acne my whole life literally! when i was 10 i was taking accutane, this is literally the only stuff i use with results! all my acne is disappearing and ive only been using it for a few days! I would definitly suggest using a really good moisterizer though as it driex your face out alot if you follow the directions giving! hope the good results keep up :-)

Comments

Better complextion Less acne Smoother skin Slightly drying (as expected) I have dry and sensitive skin with a clear forehead, nose and cheeks. But my lip, chin, and jawline would get terrible acne (cystic and whiteheads). My face was always blotchy, VERY sensitive and red, too. I've been using Clean&Clear Advantage for a few months, and it was alright. But THIS PRODUCT WAS A MIRACLE. I've only been using it for a little more than a week, but my face is smoother, better complextion, even skin tone, less redness, and most importantly diminishing pimples. I actually looked in the mirror today and said "wow, this is what I look like with nice skin". I cannot wait until the upcoming months when my skin is completely cured. Try this product, you will not be dissapointed!

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

Reduces red marks, cysts, blackheads, oilyness. Actually works fast on pimples. Takes time to work for cystic acne. A little drying, but that's expected. Amazing product. The first time I used it, it seemed to work right away, my little pimples were dried out and diminished within two days of use, and cystic pimples were reduced in size and redness. It worked for me for about one week then my acne came back. My big mistake was; I stopped using it, thinking that it's another product like Pro-Activ; once my skin is used to it, it will no longer work. But after about a month later, I decided to start using it again, and this time I decided to stick to it, and see how well it works. So I gave it solid 3 weeks for it to do it's thing, and if it doesn't work, then i'm giving up on this. So after about 2 1/2 weeks of use of this system, all of my pimples were gone, my cysts were almost gone. I was very impressed. So now, I've been using this acne system for 6 months, and my face 99% clear (the other 1% is the couple pimples I get during that "month" lol) After having acne for half of my life-time, sometimes I love to closely analyze my skin in the mirror and wonder if the product really is working, or if there are any pimples/cysts coming back lol. But really, it works for me. You just have to be consistent. It works to get rid of acne and prevent future breakouts too. After 6 months of use, if there are days i dont feel like using it, I dont have to worry about acne returning if i stop using the product. Because it's already gotten rid of the major cysts on my face that were spreading the bacteria and making my acne seem impossible to cure. But remember, acne is NOT a disease, so don't be fooled into medications and such, unless as a last resort. Take care of your body, and mental/physical health. That's the first thing. I'm so thankful for Neutrogena developing this product. I no longer have a "pizza face" haha. Btw, I have tried almost everything there is out there for acne besides Accutane.The key is to be consistent, and don't expect it to work right away.even if it does, don't stop using it. Amazon sell

Guest cha:)10
Guest cha:)10

works! none So i used this product almost all thru hs bc i have suffered with acne since i was about 15, (i am now 21) and it always has worked for me. Not too long ago i started breaking out really bad, worst than ever, and it was totally my fault, bc i thought since my face was clear i could go to sleep without washing my face and i could use all diff types of make up WRONG!!! and i thought the system stopped working so i went to proactiv and used it for 3 weeks and made me break out even more! :( so now i realize i made a mistake of not being consistent with the neutrogena system and now im returning proactiv to get my refund and now im back to neutrogena in hopes it will start working like it used too, i will wash my face day and night no matter how clear my face is and i will only wear bare minerals or neutrogena cosmetics bc sadly there is NO CURE for acne, there is only treatments. Sorry neutrogena for my horrible decisions lol i promise to be consistent and loyal to get my confidence back! :)

Comments

Not a single 1 for me. This took me from light acne to severe acne, very drying... Just not a goos product at all for me. I was so excited to try this, i had light acne on my chin and that was it, after using this for 3 weeks my acne is so horrible, idk what to do. I am in shock at the way this left my skin, i read so many good reviews on this and wish i had 1 to add but noooo this product is no good for me.

Comments

Can't think of a single thing. Drying and did not see any results. I used this product for several months, as directed, until all the bottles ran out and saw NO RESULTS whatsoever. For the first two weeks it made my skin dry and flaky. After that, my skin returned to normal but I still had loads of breakouts and the products seemed to have no effect on them at all.

Guest Ali
Guest Ali

Clears Acne Reduces Size of Pores Evens Skin Tone Salicylic Acid helps combat acne scaring and PIH IT WORKED. Takes a while requires patience did not clear my blackheads SPF lotion made me break out Dried Skin IT WORKS. I started using this product in March I think (it's September now) and at first it didn't work very well. I was using the kit as specified and using a clarisonic to cleanse with the cleanser. I discovered that the problem was the SPF in the lotion. The lotion also was not strong enough because this stuff made my skin dry so I switched to Neutrogena Ageless Essentials® Continuous Hydration Night Cream and that balanced out my skin just fine. My skin improved a boatload but I was still getting a new pimple everyday about 4-5/7 days a week. Then, summer started and I got a little lazy. Somedays I didn't wash my face in the morning and my skin improved! I researched why this may be and discovered that over-cleansing or too much of the Acne lotion could irritate skin. So I tried something new, just to give it a shot. I cut my cleansing back, only using the clarisonic at night and using my hands in the morning. And I started using my acne control lotion only at night. This relaxed my skin. I continued to use the Lotion I purchased as usual and my skin is completely clear, not a breakout in 3 weeks. this system requires dedication but my bottomline reccomendation is: If you have sensitive skin and other products make you break out: Make sure you aren't alergic to SPF If the Lotion's not strong enough, get a new one. (Same brand is best though) Use the Acne Control Lotion once a day at night before moisturizer don't cleanse too much or rigorously. I also switched to Neutrogenas Skin Clearing Makeup (From revlon photo ready) and It hasnt made me break out an inch like revlon used. Sorry this was so lengthy, I just wanted to make sure I reallyyy helped:D TRY IT! :D

Comments

clears skin makes pores smaller skin is brighter gets rid of red marks on skin! softer skin increases confidence :D works slowly need patience can make skin feel a little dry Okay, so I've been using this product for like a week and a half and I seriously see the difference. My skin is WAY softer. My forehead is totally clearing up and so is my chin. My cheeks still have these little bumps, but they will go soon. I have like 3 noticeable pimples but I think they shall be leaving soon, We'll see! Try this product out seriously.

-31

My skin was very nice and soft using this product. DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. My skin stay the same and continue to break out.

Comments

rs up your face, doesn't have harsh smell, decently priced Dries up your face at first I started breaking out after getting a Depo-Provera shot. I tried Proactive first and that didn't do the least bit of good. Then I read some reviews on Neutrogena Complete Acne System and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a little less than a week and so far it is helping. It started clearing up what blemishes I had basically over night. All that's left of them are small red spots that I can cover with make-up. I have one little pimple left on my chin, but I can deal with that after all I've been through with Proactive. I also like that a coupon came in the box for $4 off my next purchase of the system and $2 off my next purchase of any Neutrogena make-up. Side note, I also bought Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer and Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation and they are both really good too. They really cover up blemishes and they feel light on my skin.

Guest A
Guest A

Improve overall apperance of skin Reduces pores Generally improves acne drys out skin doesnt improve blackheads hard to find sometimes works slowly at first Works well, use in combination with twice monthly with Neutrogena "Wave Sonic Power Cleanser". Mix provided lotion with a stronger one before applying to make sure skin doesnt dry out too much. if you have more severe acne, try Neutrogena Seven Day Intervention Kit first to clear up most acne can be found at Target or Nordstrom

Comments

Works very fast, much more affordable than prescription drugs, oil control Can dry out skin, cause some skin irritation This product is now called "Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy System" and is the same. I've been usuing it for 3 days for medium grade adult acne and cannot believe the difference already! I absolutely love it! The only "issue" I've had with it was some skin irritation on the outside corner of my eye, but I used a little Curel Original Formula lotion (non-scented lotion!) and it cleared up right away. I also use a night mositurizer (I like Neutrogena's light night cream) as this product will dry out your face a little. Overall, wonderful product and I will continue to purchase it!!

Comments

Got rid of 95% of acne Non-oily sunscreen Can't find it Dries skin Harsh on skin This stuff works! IT's the only thing I've used that really did leave me with no acne, except for blackheads and acne every once in a while. This will dry up your skin like crazy, but it works so well it's worth it. After using it for a year, I stopped using it because my face was looking dead and it was bleaching everything I touched. I went to another product and had to come back to this. I'm almost scared to use it, but my face is as clear as day. If you don't have sensitive skin, or dry, I would defiantly recommend this to you. And I would buy a moisturizer, you'll need it.

Comments

It works better than anything else I've ever tried! None that I can think of, except maybe the price, and the fact that now I can't find it anywhere anymore! I've used a lot of different cleansers and acne solutions over the years, but unfortunately none could help me. I tried Pro-Activ, and that did a really nice job on my skin. Unfortunately I didn't like to wait two months to receive it. One day I ran out and went without it for a couple of weeks. My skin broke out again. I needed something fast, so I drove down to a drug store and I tried Neutrogena Advanced Solutions. I was skeptical at first, but I was desperate so I tried it. To my astonishment not only did it work, it worked better and faster than Pro Activ! It cleared up my skin, the moisturizer kept it from drying out, and I was very happy with the results. I canceled my subscription to Pro-Activ, but now that I can't find this Neutrogena product anywhere it looks like I might have to go back to Pro-Activ. I've tried AcneFree Clear Skin System, and that stuff doesn't work nearly as well as Neutrogena or Pro-Activ. In fact I hate using it, but right now it's the only thing that was mildly helpful. I tried other Neutrogena products, and they also don't work the way the Advanced Solutions Therapy System did. If Neutrogena doesn't put this product back on the shelves, I'm going back to Pro-Activ. By the way, I found that certain make-up foundations will work against the acne products. Ever since I started using Bare Minerals Make-up in combination with Pro-Activ or Neutrogena Advanced Solutions, my skin has been looking great. Some days it seemed like I didn't even need make-up, that's how clear it was! Using any other foundation was a disaster and made it seem like the acne products weren't working. Turns out Bare Minerals is the way to go!

Comments

Works great if you follow directions. One kit lasts more than 2 months for me. Run out of SPF lotion before cleanser and spot treatment. Haven't been able to find in any store for over 3 months. I love this product. It is only one I have found that really works. I have been using it off and on for about 8 yrs and every time I try something else I break out. I am almost out and cannot find anywhere. But, good news, it should be back in 2 or 3 weeks. Try ordering from Target or [link removed].

Guest Chris
Guest Chris

Works Works Works! CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE ANYMORE I've tried several different acne treatment and pricey products, none in the past were effective until I tryed Neutrogena. I used it for a year and my suddent break outs went away. It was worth the $20 I paid for it. I only had minor pores every once a few months, nothing serious like before using it. However, my only con against this product is they must have discontinued it without notifying all the loyal users! I tryed call the Neutrogena represenatives and they couldn't verify whether or not this product was discontinued. Overall I was very satisfied with the product, but I am very disappointed that it is no where to be found and my skin is back to terrible break outs.

Guest =] Hope this helps
Guest =] Hope this helps

Reduces redness Eliminates pimples Nice smell The first weeks of using skin gets dry and flaky This is a great product. I never had acne problems and one month I had a breakout and everything went down hill from there. I started getting more breakout before the prior one cleared. This product was recommened to me by a friend and I'm so glad I tried it because it works!!! The first two weeks you see major improvements but then it kind of seems to not be working...but don't give up on it, slowly you'll start clearing up. I'm on my 8th week using it and I'm clear. The only left to clear are some of the stubborn little red marks left from before, but I have seen major improvement. And although my skin was dry and flaky the first couple weeks it adapted and now it feels really smooth and healthy. It may also help to apply another face lotion after the neutrogena one, I used the oil of olay. I will continue to use this product as long as it keeps helping me. Hope this helps.

Comments

A well-formulated complete therapy that contains the right balance of active ingredients. Causes skin to be a little too dry Moisturizer could be a bit stronger The kit contains a face wash (salicylic acid and glycolic acid) and benzoyl peroxide gel (2.5%) and then a follow-up moisturizer for acne-prone skin. The formulation of each of these products is nearly perfect for my skin. If your face can tolerate, you might also consider alternating the face with with the Neutrogena Clear Pore benzoyl peroxide (3.5%) wash/mask. I recommend the kit for anyone with moderate inflammatory acne. Certainly worth trying.

Comments

Clears up acne quickly. Worked on both cystic and other acne. Improved overall quality of skin. Greatly minimizes new breakouts. Can be a little drying. The acne lotion runs out much more quickly than the cleanser and the moisturizer, so I end up having to buy the whole kit even though I don't need everything. I've struggled with acne for years. I've used countless over the counter cleansers, creams, etc. I've been to several dermatologists, and had a horrible trial of Proactive that left me with dry, cracked skin that was covered in cystic acne. Neutrogena has left my skin clear and soft. It cleared up everything I had, and has been preventing new breakouts. Yes, it's drying, but that's a necessary evil when fighting acne. Don't be afraid of the moisturizer!

Guest Valerie
Guest Valerie

Skin feels nice after wash Reduces black heads and pimples! At first after washing skin feels a bit dry I've never really had bad acne and never really had many pimples until recently. My face broke out badly on one side of my face and then the other side was beginning. I wanted to try the whole 3- steps solution and so I did and I'm glad I did cuz my face has never felt smoother and it got rid of my little problem. I suggest a moisturizer after it cuz it may feel a bit dry. Oh and every once in a while, at least 2 times a week after washing face use a scrub, then apply the lotion. :)

Comments

*Eliminated some acne :l *reduces redness *nice smell *Only worked for 2 weeks,then my skin became immune to it *Does nothing for blackheads *EXPENSIVE >:( *Doesn't last 2 months like it says on the box This product was a scam. It got my hopes up, then stopped working completely

Popular All-over treatments