Nature's Way Vitamin A reviews
Read or post reviews on thousands of acne products & treatments.
The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site.
Where to buy
Acne.org is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.
[The prices listed above may change at any time and in some cases do not include shipping.]
After 4 days of taking it. I got very small pimples, BUT super PAINFUL ones. Since accutane worked for me in the past, I wanted this product to work for me but it just didn't. It actually gave me body acne while I was on it. I took 10K IU's per day.
I stopped taking it, and my painful small zits went away.
Beta carotene as vitamin A supplement is totally safe and you can not over dose. Eat sweeet potatoes to increase your natural dose of vitamin a ...as well- read on the acne free culture of the Kitavan people. Cheers to clear skin!!!
[link edited out]
Hey guys so im new one here i actually just signed yp to write a review so others can know how much this stuff works!!! So just a little background on my years of acne. So in high school i had perfect skin onky a blemish here and there. My sistee was using pro active and i said "hey lets try this what coukd it hurt" right?!?!?! WRONG!!! My face went crazy i had a terrible reaction to the pro active! !! This was all very new to me, i was the girl everybody complimented on how beautiful my skin was. I stopped taking pro active but not before it left me a lil something behind CYSTIC ACNE!!! MY confidence and self esteem went way down. So my dad took me to the dermatologist and with all tne pills, creams, and ointments nothing worked k was gettinf very frustrated. So i stopped taking everything they prescribed me and just didnt do anything. After years of partying my face showed it i was in college and we drank a lot. So I stopped partying and just taking better care of myself and my cystic acne started going away (i got very lucky ). But i still had a lot of scarring and mild acne so i said enoughs enough lets try something you havent tried before. So instead of rubbing over the counter face sh*t i said let's fix this from within. BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!! My best friend gave me some of her vitamins she takes and with it there was vitamin a and the green supplement you take to get in your daily veggies. So after one day of taking both of em i woke up the next morning and my skin was glowing!!!! I couldnt believe it even with the mild acne before my face never glowed unkess i had make up on. So i continued doing what i was doing. I kept to my skin care regime which is cetiphil face wash for sensitive skin, then i started steaming my face with just hot water and a rag, then after that i use beauti control face toner. I jjst take a cotton pad and use a lil bit at night. But ive bee using this regime for over a year and i still had mild acne. My face is so sensitive that i cant use any benzo products or salicylic acid products it irratates my skin. So its bee a week and this morning i woke up and my boyfriend goes babe your skin looks amazing!!!!! Weve bee together for over 4 years so he knows the struggle I've had with acne. So i went to the mirror in the bathroom and OMG I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! My face is less red, my scars are fading and no new pimples! !!! I also use honey and lavendar as a spot treatment. You dont need much just a dab of botb especially lavendar because its very potent!! All i do is dab it on a pre existing pimple or ome that i feel is coming in and the next day poof its almost completely gone!!! So just to let you know what i took, i use vitamin a 10,000iu from gnc and the supplement is called all day energy greens. I hope this helps anybody whose struggling with acne i know how much this ruins peoples self esteem. If anybody has any questions please ask i feel as though this is a total game changer i know it has been for me!!!
I have oily, hormonal acne skin. Before vitex, taking 10,000 IUs of vitamin A did not seem to make a difference. About six weeks after vitex started clearing my skin, I wanted to clear out some stubborn old zits so (after careful research) I doubled my vitamin A to 20,000 IUs and it made a huge difference. Aside from some initially very dry lips, I have had no negative side effects and my skin tone improved dramatically. The old stubborn pre-Vitex cysts are clearing out and my old blemishes are less noticeable.
Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now trying to find my almighty cure and I have finally found it thanks to you guys! Ever since I switched my birth control a few months ago , my skin has gone haywire. I wouldn't say its HORRIBLE, but moderate acne feels horrible to me. I do the oil cleansing method with coconut oil and take zinc which manages it but I still get bumps here and there and it sucks and took a toll on my self esteem.
I read all over that other vitamins can help cure you from the inside. I had nothing else to loose so I thought I might as well try. I bought some NOW brand Vitamin A 25,000 IU tablets, some SPROUTS brand Vitamin E 400 IU and take it with my zinc 50 mg tablets.I take one each after I eat my breakfast. LET ME TELL YOU.... I HAVE NOT HAD ONE BUMP SINCE TAKING THESE!!!!! I am in complete shock! This along side with my habits of drinking lots of water has cleared my skin! So PLEASE, if you are feeling sad and fed up with your skin, just try it you have nothing to loose! :D
EDIT: i bumped my vitamin a intake to 10,000! At 25,000 iu it made my skin quite dry! Best of luck to you all!
So I'm doing a lot of things to control my horrible onset of cystic hormonal acne. I mistakenly went off of birth control after having been on it for 12 years and my skin went crazy. I'm almost at the end of my second pack and things finally seem to be under control. I now mostly have hyperpigmentation. Up until recently, my skin was awful and I'm pretty sure starting this birth control made things way worse. SO...In addition to birth control, this is what seems to have worked for me. And trust me I have tried EVERYTHING and spent countless hours researching this. I'm also a nurse and doing a research PhD so I am providing you all with what I believe to be the best information and tips I've come across. I've listed many things but if you're only interested in vitamins go to point 9. Good luck!
1) I'm on my 6th week of Doxycycline
2) ICE! Every morning I ice my spots. This really helps reduce size and inflammation and there are no risks
3) Green tea (loose leaf organic. I drink it and apply the leafs to my face 5 days a week), I also take ECGC green tea extract pills. Clinical studies prove that this works for acne. So if you're going the green tea route check that the ECGC content is high. It's typically higher in loose leaf teas. Otherwise just buy the extract pills.
4) NO DAIRY, SOY, GLUTEN, or OILS (except coconut oil). I also started a VEGAN DIET
5) CETAPHIL products- I stopped washing with water and only wash with the foam cleanser, it seems weird but I find that it significantly reduces redness. I also only wash once per day if I'm not wearing make up. I moisturize once per day with the day SPF moisturizer.
6) MAKE UP: Physicians formula non-talc liquid mineral make up. I researched every ingredient in several products and this was the best product I found. I had to import it from the US (I'm living in Australia at the moment). I also have not worn any make up on my skin for 2 weeks. I am on a school break and had 2 weeks off of work because I was supposed to go on vacation but had to cancel because my skin got so bad. Sad I know but things are finally clearing and I've been able to work on my PhD thesis from home...I also learned to cook. So if you also plan to isolate yourself, MAKE THE MOST OF IT!! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
7) 2.5 % BENZOYL PEROXIDE: I had given up on harsh topicals because my skin is so freakin sensitive and I found that Differin, Retin A, and anything over 2.5% BP made my skin look so much worse. However, 2.5% is PERFECT! it even reduces the look of the redness when it's applied. If I have to go out I have it on my pimples and I honestly don't care. It's probably only noticeable up close.
8) LOWER YOUR STRESS: Seriously ladies this is so important. Especially if your acne is hormonal. One night i was freaking out because I was supposed to go on vacation to visit a beautiful Greek boy I know and woke up with 4 new spots. Three of them were cystic. I've found that since cancelling and relaxing at home my acne is much better.
9) VITAMINS: Ok so I'm a little ridiculous when it comes to this and I now have a pharmacy in my room. But these are the best vitamins and supplements for acne. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't recommend always taking the Vitamin A like I have been doing because it can cause liver damage. So on that note: 1) Vitamin A- Retinyl Palmitate: I am mega dosing on these. So for the past three weeks I've been taking 10 a day. I realize there are risks with this but I've been getting my liver enzymes checked and I am fully aware of the signs of vitamin A toxicity. You could just try taking 1-2 per day. The logic behind this is that Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A in huge quantities. Mega dosing can really help some people. 2) Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): this is the active ingredient is most expensive skin brightening/hyperpigmentation creams. I also break the caps and rub them right on my acne scars 3) Vitamin C: I mega dose with this as well. It tastes delicious and there are no risks with toxicity. I also have this in powder form (Skinstitute brand) and put directly on acne scars 4) Vitamin E. 4) Saw Palmetto (also great for hair) 5) Liquid Silica (also great for hair) 5) Omega 3 fish oil (also great for hair) 6) Zinc
Ok my friends this is all of the advice I have. If I had to pick and choose from this list I would prioritize antibiotics to help you get through the initial break out phase on this birth control, Ice, green tea extract or loose leaf organic tea, and Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate. Feel free to e mail me with any questions: email@example.com (John is the beginning of my last name. My name is Shev). Cheers!
Okay guys, I NEVER write reviews, but I really have to for this!!
Background: I havw had acne since beggining of 2014 it is now mid 2016 I have tried every thing under the sun. I had beautiful skin in highschool started breaking out at 21 years old and I'm now 24. The breakouts turned CYSTIC in 2015 and I was on anti biotics, went vegan, went gluten free, supplemented with many different things, took probiotics , used oil cleansinf method and no soap, I even got neurotic and bought a water filter, showerhead filter, things would work for a bit but it always came back and with a vengeance.
O feel confident in writing this review becUse it has been one full month mega dosing vitamin A with my naturopathic doctor, you guys, am seriously 100% clear. I drink 100,000 iu of vitamin A Muldoon drops in a glass of water after breakfast. I cleared up after one week and it's stayed consistantly clear. Cystic acne AND tiny closed comedones I had on forehead , this is amazing.
It is a very high level of vitamin A but I have ZERO side effects. Other than clear skin, I leave the house without makeup and have self confidence and NO anxiety. Please please give vitamin A a try!!!! I wish I tried years ago.
I'm about to start taking a daily 10,000 IU dosage of Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate, a little bit less potent than retinol) while also applying Epiduo at night (I haven't seen a change while on Epiduo but I'm scared to stop the treatment). I hope this works and I can finally get rid of my mild acne. Could anyone tell me if this is a safe or good idea? Thank you. :)
Last July/August, I started taking GNC's capsules which had 5000 iu vitamin A & 400 iu vitamin D twice a day. It helped a lot with making my skin less oily. Before, my skin used to look so shiny just an hour after washing my face & I used to carry soap to school to wash my face at lunch time. By September I was able to get through the school day without washing my face. Sometimes I just need to blot with a tissue. It didn't make my skin 'dry' though. I'd still say I have oily skin but it's way less problematic now. Now I take a higher dosage of vitamin D with it (2000 iu) & I also take other supplements. It also helped with acne but I will say it's not a cure all.