Nature's Bounty Alpha Lipoic Acid Reviews

Nature's Bounty Alpha Lipoic Acid

Helped Scars A lot

I have scars that are 7+ years old when my acne was at it's worst in college. I tried all kind of creams but my skin is so sensitive that most creams/lotions would break me out even more. Along comes ALA, which I heard about on acne.org and it's really helped over the last months. I've been taking a lot of other vitamins too so not completely sure that it's 100% due to ALA but I have feeling this stuff is really helping. And on a site not, I've lost a few pounds while taking it. Kinda weird, but I'll take it

Have you found a quality brand? I also read to take R-ALA version because it is natural and more potent.
Hi can u plz guide me about its usage?

I use ALA softgel capsules and I do not swallow the pill I squeeze it till it is warm then cut open and apply to my face and neck and tops of my hands. I am 50 and no wrinkles. I cant afford all that expensive wrinkle cream so I use this .. it tingles when appled.. I love this .. while friends my age are using botox and juviderm I just pull out my capsule and apply w same results!

Guest Jojo
Guest Jojo

So I started taking alpha lipoic acid back in 2006 or so. It was pretty much a cure for me . I read how some people say it doesn't work , I don't know , as long as I'm alive I will take one everyday . I will still get some zits IF I FORGET to take the pill , or eating a sh*t ton of sugar . Try it I don't see any , it changed my life and gave me confidence for the last 6 years Try it

Guest alex
Guest alex

- it really works, it is very powerful! - low dose 50 mg is enough for me - glowing, smooth skin. dries up acne fast - makes skin a bit yellowish - weight loss benefit - burning sensation on the throat if dose is too strong - dried up my joints, esp on the jaw - falling hair, due to dry scalp i stay low on the dose, because side effects are strong for me. otherwise, it's really good to combat acne. not the perfect solution, but a good and economical option

Guest tonya
Guest tonya

i started using taking apill every day results were good nothing bad to say bout it its worth da try

Comments

Works very quickly. I usually get big cysts on the side of my face that last for weeks and then leave a terrible scar. I have been mixing Vit E oil and ALA powder (just open up a pill) and it is fantastic. A cyst now lasts a week and all of my scars are fading, even while I've only been using it a week. none I mix Vit E with ALA powder and apply every time I wash my face and then apply sunscreen over. I also take 1 600 mg pill every morning. Overall, my skin looks much fresher with a more even complexion. My scars have faded more than they ever have in a week when previously I have tried things for months that didn't work nearly as well. Awesome stuff!

Guest Anna
Guest Anna

Really Seemed to help my acne at first Horrible HORRIBLE hives / rash followed by extremely painful bruises from where the hives were I've never been an allergic person. I'm only allergic to penicillian. I do fine with pollen, dogs, cats, ANYTHING, but after a few weeks taking ALA I broke out in a ridiculously crazy rash / hives ALL OVER MY BODY. I was taking 600 mg a day, but I'm never taking it again. Not worth it. Google "ALA and hives" if you don't believe me.

Comments

significantly reduced acne and scars urine smells funny, acid reflux I'm a 19 year old female that has been suffering with acne for 8 years. I had finally gotten my acne under control when I was using doxycycline, but that treatment like all the rest, stopped working. My acne came back full blow so I was getting white heads all around my mouth new ones every day and big red ones on my forehead and on the side of my face(those left me pretty bad scars, more dents on my forehead! agh). I did some research, and I came across ALA. I started taking 600mg ALA with zinc 50mg every day without fail. Here I am, a month and a half later and I have no more white heads, no more big red pimples. It hasn't completely cleared my skin, because I'm not solving the underlying problem here but it has made my moderately severe acne turn into mild acne. I urge you to try it. The side effects are worth the benefits. Very cheap too! I buy the 200mg bottle with 100 capsules. It lasts me a little over a month. I take three every day. One in the morning, and two at night with a Zinc pill. Good luck everyone.

Comments

works..but not alone lots of pills to take starting 2 days ago i bought ala,zinc,vitamin a, omega 3, niacin, and vitamin c. my skin went from being oily red and painful to smooth firm and glowing in 2 days. i would have never thought this possible but its working!!

Guest nicole
Guest nicole

an antioxidant def doesnt get rid of acne. makes pee very yellow but idc idk why everyone thinks this is such a miracle pill. i bought it after reading these reviews since i am depserate for an acne treatment. ive been taking them for about a month and have not seen a change in my acne at all. i also take alot of vitamin C and fish oil, and vitamin E and none of these are working. my acne is like 99% stress related so if anyone knows how to get rid of acne caused by stress then let me know

Comments

It seriously works. No joke. I'm not entirely sure, but for me, it dries out my skin. I have tried several methods to get rid of my acne - ProActiv, Murad, Clinique, Dan's Regimen, LED acne light therapy, zinc, and fish oil. NONE of these did anything. I read on several websites that ALA is pretty effective. So I tried it out and it worked instantly! I noticed right away because I would always have two cysts on my face. Once both of them began to heal, I felt two new ones forming. It was extremely frustrating. I took ALA and the ones healing continued to heal, and no new ones were forming! The one unfortunate thing is that it dries out my skin, but probably not for others. I also sti have a few small pimples, but they're pretty much unnoticeable because of how intense the cysts were. I take 600 mg in the morning. I've heard it's better on an empty stomach, but the manufacturer says otherwise. I take it either way, so I can't give any advice on what's more effective.

Guest rom
Guest rom

makes skin super soft ..maybe something for the scars a little nothing for acne doesnt prevents new ones from popping

Guest Nicolette
Guest Nicolette

Quick, dramatic difference. works very well for soft, smooth, glowing skin. None I noticed right away my skin looked soft, clear, glowing and it makes you look like you have no pores or wrinkles. The only down side is I do notice as soon as I run out and am too lazy to buy more my skin does not look as good as when I take it, so it almost seems like the results are not long term.

Guest buck
Guest buck

lots of energy clearer skin in days and inexpensive none ........... yet i take ala 200 mg and 11500 iu vitamin a and niacin 200 mg and biotin every day and my skin completly cleared up.now to deal with scarring errrr. im gonna spend it and get dermabrasion. so ill let u know how that is!

Guest R
Guest R

Its suppose to help with stress so indirectly it may help with stress related acne didn't experience anything bad... Didn't do anything. Didn't help acne clear up pimples but didn't hurt it, so didn't really do anything or work...

Guest Chantell
Guest Chantell

It works! You'll receive so many compliments on how smooth your skin looks. None I only take 2 (100mg) capsules a day on an empty stomach, which doesn't bother me. I actually noticed a difference in my skin within a few days. My face glows and looks younger. I was using ProActiv but my skin doesn't react to it any longer after years of use. Try it! Try it! Try it! It won't hurt. :) Just an added tip: Try your best to keep your hands and hair away from your face.

Comments

Not horribly expensive, no side effects Not sure that it's really doing anything I bought this after reading the reviews here, and doing a little research on line. I had high hopes that this would decrease my breakouts and also help fade red marks, but so far it's been three weeks and I've seen absolutely no difference. I've been taking 600mg a day, and have enough pills left for 5 more weeks. I'm going to keep taking them and will update this review later if they actually start making a differene.

Guest 20 year old guy
Guest 20 year old guy

It somewhat works Didn't really do anything, and it was a little expensive I spent 10 bucks on 30 capsules that lasted me about a month, and everyday i took 1 pill in the morning. 1 pill was about 200mg so I didn't know if that was enough or not. But after i ran out, my skin was like it was before and there wasn't really any differences. So maybe I should increase my dose but i'm giving it a break for right now

Guest Gail
Guest Gail

OMG, this works like a charm! I hate to be dependent on external items but I just realize my body needs whatever it needs to be healthy. If this is something that I need to take long-term, then I will. None. I stopped using it for a while and actually my skin didn't break out as much. Besides ALA, diet plays a big of clear skin (well for me) I realize when I pollute my body by eating dairy (cheese and eggs) and even some complex carbs like whole grains, my skin because olily and I start breaking out. By using ALA, I think my body clears out the free radicals and once I maintain a good diet, I am good to go!! I use Twinlab ALA 100mg (2x a day)

Guest acnefree
Guest acnefree

-u start to attract more attention ;) You begin to notice a difference within the first 2-3 days of taking ALA oral supplements..I'm on my second week of taking 200mg of ALA 3X a day (600mg/day) and my old pitted scars from cystic acne are slowly smoothening and raising up... it works

Guest Maureen
Guest Maureen

I read in a magazine that taking 600mg. of Alpha lipoic acid daily reduces acne. Well, I tried it and it works. I actually ran out last week, and within 2 days had already begun to break out again. My face looks wonderful, very soft and young! I read the list of side effects when taking higher doses, but have had none. Love it!

Guest Andy
Guest Andy

This is a very potent antioxidant and it gives a powerful boost to the effects of vitamins C & E. It also has rapidly reduced the appearance of scars in as little as as 3 days for me. I have not had any adverse side affects. I read that the recommended maximum dose is 180 but I take 200mg Nature's Bounty once daily and it seems to work great. This supplement is great not only for your skin but promotes inner health and fights signs of aging due to free radicals (cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide, etc..). As you have heard im sure, the healthier you are on the inside then the healthier you are on the outside. Do your research on this product and you will see why I am entusiastic about it. I take Nature's Bounty 200mg Alpha-Lipoic Acid once daily. I also take 6 capsules of Nature's Bounty Fish Oil twice daily (3 in the morning and 3 at night) along with a men's multivitamin. My topical skin care products are Dan Kern's face wash & BP gel. I moisturize with a mix of FOTE Aloe Vera Gel and Dan Kern's moisturizer. I only apply BP at night time.

Guest scarlet
Guest scarlet

Good antioxidant Only product the reverses damage from scars i dont know yet If you read The Acne Prescription by Dr, Perricone he claims this is a excellent acne treatment and the only product that can actually help reduce the appearance of scars. So its worth a try i dont think any harm can come from it

Popular Vitamins/Supplements