N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment Reviews

N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment

Never do it

Do not do this! My skin was ruined and now i can get out of my house because i have whiteheads over my whole face and pimples. My acne was pretty cleared up before i did this, Im so sad and dissapointed. I hope it Will cleared up over time, but it Will leave me scars

Comments

Why is this fantastic treatment overlooked? It works.

I've waited for several months after starting Nlite before posting this review, as I wanted to make absolutely sure the fact my skin is currently perfect (apart from a couple of old scars from cysts) was not due to anything else but the Nlite. I'm not even going to mention what clinic I went to as I was put off myself when reading reviews by the idea that they were bogus reviews written by clinics advertising. I've suffered for about 30 years with acne, with the odd few years of relief when I didn't due to benzl peroxide cream (in my teens when skin was tougher), Dianette contraceptive pill, but then couldn't have that when pregnant or breastfeeding and am reluctant to accept the risks of that nowadays. I even had 9 days on roaccutane which I wrote a review on here about. Firstly, I'm not sure about the other laser names I'm reading in this thread - the treatment I had was "Nlite" laser, and I wasn't sold any other products to go with it nor was it even suggested I'd need them. It involves just the laser and it takes a few minutes. It is quite expensive and top up treatments are needed. I don't know how long between treatments is required yet as I've topped up rather than wait longer than 2 months as I can't bear to wait as I don't want to risk my acne coming back and leaving more scars, but I plan to top up about every two or three months. I've paid £225 in one place and £130 in another place. In one place they even did a "test patch" for £50 so I could see if it worked from the first go, so no having to pay out a fortune just to see!! The nurse in one place told me it seems to work in about 80% of clients (and it hurt slightly so I think she used a higher setting). The doctor in the other said it works in about 70% of his patients (I barely felt anything when treated here - it still worked but there was the odd pimple now and then, whereas I am completely clear after the higher power treatment in the other place that hurt slightly). I could see improvement from the first treatment. Worth a try I think.

Comments

Angel Laser Clinic anyone ?

Hi all, After doing a course of 12 Omnilux light therapy and peels , £700 later, being on Lemocycline 400 mg twice daily for 6 months and Tactuo gel (benzoyl peroxide and retinol A ) I'm desperate for something to work. Angel Laser Clinics in London is the least expensive Regenlite treatment at £150 per session or £112 per if you buy 8. Has anyone gone to Angel Laser Clinic? If so what Dermatoloist did you see and what products do they push on you? They recommend 6 treatments on their website whilst all other clinics seem to only recommend 3..... Scam? Less owner full setting so they get you to buy more? Honesty this is an FDA approved treatment and should be covered by NHS in my opinion. RoAcutane is not happening for me can't risk the hormonal and psychosis imbalance with my job. This Regenlite is the last of the treatment options for me and I'd like to get the best deal.

Pleased with results

I have had 2 of my 3 Nlite laser treatments and am rea and pleased with the results!! I had awful cystic acne and have suffered with adult acne for a long time so my skin was in a right state when I had my first appointment. I would say week 1 was less active then my acne continued to be fairly active until week 4-5 when new ones slowed and it started to heal. I am now 4 weeks after my second treatment and although I still have a couple of active pimples my skin has improved remarkably! I have not suffered any big cystic ones since the first couple of weeks after treatment. I still have a way to go in terms of the marks fading and some scaring but I finally feel like my acne is under control and is healing faster than new ones are coming. I would definitely reccomend this. Even though this is expensive I wish I had done it years ago abd naybe could have prevented some of the damage caused by cystic acne. I have had the Nlite in combination with a 40% glycolic acid peel before each Nlite lasted treatment. And using a milder glycolic acid face wash twice daily.

Waste of hope

slight difference after forth session only temporary very expensive I had mine done at Manchester Private Clinic. I first got acne at 9 years of age, and I am now 20. I started my treatment when I was 19. I have tried everything to cure my acne, antibiotics, herbal medications, special make ups, special machines, different contraceptives etc and nothing has ever been successful. I have combination skin both dry and oily. I mainly suffer from large, reg angry boil type spots and large whiteheads. Firstly the Jan Mari products they sell you with your treatment really stings, and are almost unsuable because of this plus they are really expensive and made my skin sore, red and dry so I wouldn't bother with these. They suggested I use mineral make up to get maximum benefits from the treatment so I did so, although I didn't buy theres as it was really expensive, I started with Bareminerals instead and that has helped slightly, also I started only using 'simple' brand products which they also suggested, and this also seemed to help. The treatment itself seemed to gradually work after each session although not dramatically. After my 3rd & final session I went back for a review a few weeks after, I wasn't happy that there was enough change and asked for the free session they had promised me during consultation. They were extremely reluctant to give me the free session especially considering the crazy amount of money I had spent, so I was extremely unpleased with this. It was only after my forth session that I noticed any real difference, my scarring had faded slighltly and I had less active acne although it was still awful but I was greatful for some improvement. A couple of months later and the spots have completely returned as angry as ever. I wont bother with anymore sessions, its not worth the hassle and expense for such temporary difference. Also during consultation it was suggested that I may have 'acne roascea' the lady finally decided it wasn't and that the n-lite would therefore be suitable however when i turned up for my sessions the lady performing the treatment said she was user it was acne rocasea and that therefore it wans't the right treatment to me (telling me this whilst performing the treatment) so I didn't know who to belive and this was extremely disheartening.

I had crazy painful, ugly acne for over 8 years. I tried it all too. Then suddenly, I began to bloat and get dizzy every time I ate, so I got off dairy, gluten, and sugar 100% and voila, I have been crystal clear for 2 years now. No antibiotics, no meds. It has been a hard solution, but I am grateful. When I cheat on gluten and dairy (I can get away with a bit of sugar) I typically break out the next day, and it takes almost a week to clear up. Acne is inflammation , and inflammation is a sign that things are not right in your body. If gluten and dairy was doing that to my face, I discovered it was wreaking havoc on my GI too. I want to yell from the rooftops to all fellow acne sufferers my story, and hope that it can help someone. No dermatologist (and I saw many) ever suggested diet changes, and they even scoffed at my questions about it. They told me diet had nothing to do with acne. I should have trusted my own intuition and changed my diet sooner.

Temporary but effective

Very effective after a suitable number of treatments Helps fade redness, marks and scars Temporary, required repeat treatments More discomfort/pain as laser strength increases Outbreak is a side effect My view on Nlite: This is an extremely effective COSMETIC treatment, although it is only temporary. This is not a cure for acne and I was informed by the nurse who treated me with Nlite in October 2012 that results may last up till 10 months. It also confirms this on the Nlite website. This treatment will quite simply destroy the bacteria that cause acne as well as speeds up the time it takes acne redness, post acne marks and scars to fade. Please note that when you have this treatment you run the risk of having red / dry face or even an outbreak in the days that follow. How Nlite worked for me: I am 21 year old male and for three years I have had acne. Between October and December 2012 I had three treatments. The strength of the last was 2.4, 2.6 and 3. No real improvement after two sessions but in January 2013 after my third my face was starting to clear and was completely clear until October 2013. Unfortunately for me my acne is starting to come back, although it is nowhere near as bad as it was originally. I have started my new cycle, having two treatments with laser strength of 2.8 and 3 already. I am having a third in January. I am extremely optimistic that it will clear up again. My conclusion on Nlite: I highly recommend this treatment and would suggest it would be an ongoing thing you need to do to keep your skin clear. There is no limit on how many times you can have it but there is a limit of the time between sessions, 30 days. Get a 'top-up'� every couple of months, leaving at least three weeks before an upcoming even (a wedding for example) to have a treatment to ensure you skin is clear!

Guest Philip
Guest Philip

Amazing results not just from prevention of cystic acne but general appearance of skin i.e scarring and pore size and texture over time even reduces redness and tone. cost is a bit pricey especially if your having a minimum of six. Not available on NHS with is a joke !!! and can take a few months to notice a difference but patients is a virtue. Having suffered severe cystic acne and been on every prescription drug available I thought id try N-lite you get fab results but does take a little while to start seeing any signs of improvement, however you do notice skin looking more plump and fuller after first zap (due to collagen reproduction). I go to the chester wellness centre and from what i can gather its quite a lot cheaper than other places amazing staff, excellent service highly recommend this treatment but remember you must persevere!!!!

Guest T_London Girl
Guest T_London Girl

Have seen an improvement slow process expensive products that i have been advised to use alongside treatments N-lite comes in 3 treatments. increasing the power each time. i have just finished my second treatment. The treatment itself is not painful maybe a slight bit uncomfortable on my cystic spots. However, my acne is very painful anyways

Comments

Sorry, me again! Judge to add that 4 days after n lite I have four nasty sores on my face where spots had been. Hoping these will clear soon, just thought I'd mention this side effect too. Im hoping it's a simple case of getting worse before it gets better! Xx

Comments

Spots are greatly reduced in size Comfortable treatment and you can re-apply make up after! No negative side effects. Just had my second treatment and my skin has flared up. I've booked three N-lite treatments. My acne is localised to my chin area and this is the area I am having treated. For the month after my first treatment, my skin seemed much calmer. I didn't have a single big spot! I got my usual monthly flare up but it really wasn't too bad. Just had my second treatment and more spots have come to the surface than usual. It's getting me down, but I'm hoping skin will eventually be better after my third treatment. The lady who does my treatments did explain that its not a quick fix- it takes several months. I'm also using a glycolic based wash and skin lotion. This seems to be helping to. I'm 24 and have tried and tried to get rid of my mild to moderate acne for years. I'm hoping this is the solution!

Comments

None My skin has come out in worse spots then i originally had. I feel like I have wasted a lot of money for nothing. I went to the Private clinic in Manchester, and paid £700 for a course of 3 treatments. With this I was given £40 worth of Jan Marini products for free, the main chemical in this is benzyl poroxide, which you can get perscribed by doctors or £7.50!! Anyway, it has now been 2 weeks since I had my 3rd and final treatment, and its safe to say that it hasn't helped my skin one bit. I have painful spots on my cheeks and jaw line, and the last time I went in, the person who originally did my treatment wasn't there, so I had another woman, who was very surprised it hadn't worked, so turned up the power of the laser, she also gave me advice to only use the Simple product range on my face body and hair, which hasn't really made a difference, but it has only been 2 weeks. Also not part of the treatment, but they messed up my 2nd appointment, I got there and they hadn't booked it in through the computer, even though I had an appointment card all they could do was apologise, they did give me the parking money back, but not the cost of the petrol for the extra trip i had to make!! Unfortunatley I would not reccomend this, but then everyone's skin will take to this treatment differently.

Comments

Smoother skin, gets rid of acne. This is not a long term solution. Leaves the skin irritated and red for a few hours/days depending on how sensitive or how bad your acne is. Very expensive. I had had acne on my face for around five years during which time the acne had progressively got worse until it covered all of my face except some parts of my forehead. The spots seemed to grow on top of each other making my skin extremely painful to live with. I leaned about the N-Lite treatment watching television and thought I would try it considering by that time I had tried everything the Doctors could throw at me (creams, lotions, tablets etc, etc, etc...). I went to a very nice clinic in Nottingham. I was told for the N-Lite to take full effect I would have to have many treatments, so I booked in bulk. I think it was by the third treatment that I noticed a difference. The spots were still there, especially on my cheeks which was the worst area, but they were not as bad. There were definitely no results after the first time. After a few more treatments, the spots on my chin had gone and my skin was so much smoother. I felt better in myself and had more confidence. Anyway, the bottom line with N-Lite is that it's great when you are having the treatments constantly but as soon as you stop them the acne will come back. You only treat the external problems with this treatment and not the inner ones. Also, the scars left behind by the acne will still be there meaning that the clinic will say that you need another type of treatment to get rid of the scars. More money. I still have spots on my cheeks and chin but the harsh acne has gone. It seems like the treatment lulled me into a false sense of security and to be honest the whole thing was so costly that I'm not sure it was worth it. Now I know that it would have been better to be learning other kinder ways to help my skin rather than taking the quick and short term solution.

User146858

Skin alot smoother, far less breakouts, not alot of downtime, treatment is quick, the laser can be set at different levels for your tollerance it can be quite pricey, can't garentee results for everyone, can be a little uncomfortable until you get used to the laser I suffered from acne for 8 years, I then went to the The Private Clinic in Manchster to undergo N-Lite laser for the Embarrassing bodies show on Channel 4. Im alot happier with my skin now, only had 4 treatments so far, still a few more to go, but have noticed a big improvement to skin, yes still getting a few spots but not like before (mainly on cheeks and chin) forhead and sides seems to be alot clearer. Im also in the process of changing my makeup to a brand that doesnt contain bismuth oxchloride as I think this is irritating my acne. Also one woman said she removed this from her products and her acne cleared, its worth a shot! As for the clinic the staff were very friendly and advised on products to use alongside the N-lite laser (for me this was sebu b range by environ) this helped to clear some of the skin before I started the treatment (helps skin appear alot smoother) also had microdermabrasion and derma-roller for scars. So far the treatments are helping my skin alot so would definately recommend. to see me having the treatment see embarrassing bodes on you tube for 4od. This shows my treatment at the Manchester Clinic [link removed]

TPC

Response too Grrr! Doncaster. We are very sad that you experienced a less than satisfactory service at our Manchester Clinic in regards to the booking and confirmation of your treatments. I apologise on behalf of the Manchester clinic & the company. I am happy to hear the positive comments in relation to the actual results – you mention you had clear skin that lasted for 6-7 months. So I would like to take the opportunity to explain to you & anybody concerned about acne, why your acne came I am afraid acne is a medical condition mostly caused by hormones over stimulating the sebaceous gland. Most of the time the surge of hormones is through puberty and eventually subsides, but for some patients it may continue throughout their life unless controlled with medical treatments and products. Patients undergoing treatment need to be prepared for the long term management of their acne. There is no quick fix. As the treatment progresses you will see improvements, but the nature of the disease means that things will change (for better or worse) according to hormones, stressful events etc. This is something that we cannot control. However the N-Lite can control the outbreaks and keep them to a minimum therefore preventing the long term after effects such as pitted scarring and pigmentation. The vast majority of patients achieve good results & are happy with the treatment. But not every patient will respond in the same way. For most patients acne will disappear or improve considerably after just 3 sessions, while other patients will require more. It is difficult to predict in advance. With regards to products (creams and serum), they are utilised to support the treatment and many of our patients get an accelerated impact of the treatment and maintain results by using those products. It is unfortunate that the creams didn't work in your case, but this does not mean that they are useless per se, as for most patients they can make a significant difference. Once again, unfortunately not for every patient. The Private Clinic performs the highest number of Nlite treatments in the UK and we keep promoting it because NLite is still recommended across Europe by top Dermatologists as the first line in acne management. As the treatment had been successful in your case, we would welcome the opportunity to support you in your further treatments, should you decide to do so. If so, please don't hesitate contact me at enquiries@[link removed] with your email or telephone number and I will be happy to call you. Kindest regards, Rachel Ford, Regional Manager

agi

Skin got better shortly after the treatments, but this was just a short-term improvement. I had 3 treatments over the period of 2,5 months, last treatment 1 month ago. Each treatment was preceded by acid peel (50%) and the second treatment was preceded by both acid peel and microdermabrasion. One month after the last treatment, my face looks as bad as it did before the treatments, although the areas of my face that were originally affected are now clear and I have outbreaks in the places that had never been affected before. I was told 3 treatment would be sufficient for me, which was not the case. Or I'm yet to see the results. I may invest in another 3 treatments. I paid £400 for the series of 3 Nlite treatments in west London.

Im so sorry to here the bad report's that have happend to people by adriana schiebner, im SHOCKED to be honest with you, I would like to share my experience with you, i had a laser treatment done in 2000 ish by dr schiebner, she herself done the laser treatment on me, i had bad acne scaring, she said all those will be gone slowly it take's a full year and the result's will be ongoing. Im so HAPPY to say it was a """""MIRACLE"""" this doctor was like a {angel} to me, she was well spoken, very kind hearted, so very genuine in her caring of me, i was floored by her precence !!! Im from wollongong the procedure was late in the afternoon, and it was dark i recalled, she went to buy me food rice meal if i remember correctly after the procedure as it was late. She went out of her way to help me so kind and so caring i have NEVER seen that be for in any doctor !!! My result's were incredible """""""""AMAZING""""""""""" my awful acne scar's slowly started to disapear it was incredible!!!! This lasted many many year's i had so much confidence so much love to give, so much joy and happyiness that this SPECIAL lady had given me, i will N E V E R forget.. Adriana schiebner is the only doctor i would trust and is the only doctor that has helped me, nobody has even come half way or even a quarter what this amazing lady has done for me. I only WISH AND PRAY that she will come back and help so many people with bad scaring, because im living prove that she is amazing what she can do, truly amazing result's. I have never before wrote on the computer, my first time ever. PLEASE adriana if u read this, THANK YOU KINDLY for the joy and LIFE you have given to me, i only wish you would come back.... I wish you well, i hope you get the help that you need, you have the most beautiful gift in this life knowing you helped someone LOVE life again, nothing can give you that high, no drug can give you that feeling of helping some one so low and desperate in life. I remember i said to her, i will give you all my money that i have in this life if you can help me, and she DID, more than i ever thought possible It has hurt me so what has happened to you i will pray every day, that you once again be the person i first met.... GOD bliss you.....

It actually worked - 6 months completely spot free!! Short term & costly! The Private Clinic are also usless. I attended The Private Clinic in Manchester for 3 treatments, each time I asked that they increase the strength of the laser. The treatment isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable - feels a little like a pin being run over your face. Acne flares up after treatment but it is worth it! One month after my final laser-ing and I had clear skin. I have had the best 6/7 months - I haven't used any acne treatments and my skin stayed perfect. The only problem is that it has now come back :( and I need to find another £850 to fix it or find another treatment. I would recommend this treatment if you've tried all the medication and you've reached the end of the line with your useless GP who asks you why you're so bothered about 'a few spots'. I was 22 when I had the treatment and it was worth it! If you can find any other provider than The Private Clinic that offers N-Lite in the UK, go elsewhere! They were a complete sham. I won't go into detail but let's say that I attended the clinic 4 times in all, they never had my appointment correctly booked, the door was always faulty, and all in all I think I spent 2 hours waiting to be seen!!! And last but not least, don't waste extra money on the products they sell you - total waste of time!

Comments

Clears Acne over time.Took 6months for me. Definately worth it Pretty expnsive. u need to buy products from the clinic. Jan Marini serum/cleanser which cost around £40 each absolutely worth it. i noticed a reduction from the 1st treatment. i had 6 treatments in total. After the 2nd treatment tho, the acne does increase a fair bit but this is a way all the existing acne witin the skin can escape. 3rd - 6th treatment was just better and better for my skin. first 3 treatments are 4weeks apart and then the treatments follow if you require any topups. i did 3 extra to completely get rid of them. Now its been 3months since my last treatment. i've maybe had 3-4 minor spots in that time.

Popular Laser