Murad Clarifying Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Murad

Murad Clarifying Cleanser

Saved my sensetive acne skin.

I have had mild-moderate acne since I was 10 I am now 14 and after trying basically all acne cleansers and products I have found my holly cleanser. It doesnt strip my skin of natural oils and doesnt irritate my skin at all. I find that all other cleansers I have tried always make me red and super dry directly after use. The murad clarifying cleanser makes my skin feel matte, smooth/soft and still hydrated after my use of it. It has ofcourse also helped me majorly at keeping my acne at bay (I feel like I breakout less). The ingrients of this product are also clean and natural. I CANT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

Comments

Not strong enough to use alone

I used this and saw some results from it but not anything like I was hoping. I did a little research to see if there was a stronger version of the cleanser - like a cleanser with more medication. I really don’t like have too many steps in my daily routine so if I can eliminate a medication step I am all over it. After looking around, I saw someone post about a product called Ninja, somewhere in the blog universe I guess. The lady said that with their cleanser she was able to eliminate the medication step altogether. So i was pretty pumped on that. Looked into them, looked legit and ordered their salicylic cleanser. The difference was huge and told me that Murad’s just wasn’t strong enough for my skin. I would say that Ninja’s cleanser eliminated about 85% of my breakouts. I also got their salicylic acid product that I use periodically when its that time of month or something and now my skin is really as clear as it has been in about 15 years. Murad’s is ok… just not strong enough to merit the price. I would say look elsewhere.

Be careful

Used this one night and woke up extremely red and flaky & my face broke out.

Worst

I used this for one day. Now three days later, I am still unable to move my face without pain due to severe dryness

Comments

Caused breakouts and cystic acne.

Before I used this I only had very mild hormonal acne. I thought this would make my skin perfect.... I was wrong. My skin was amazing the first week but then after that my hormonal acne increased and I had my first ever breakout with 4 huge pimples near my mouth. This also caused me to have cystic pimples, which I'd never had before. I had 4 cystic pimples while using this and since I stopped, I haven't had any. I used it for 3 months and that purging phase never stopped. My advice: if you have the money then try it, but if it makes you breakout, STOP, because it won't ever get better.

Sensitive Skin Care

I have very sensitive skin with moderate to light acne that can become easily irritated, depending on my time of month. I've tried everything from neutrogena, proactive, cetaphil, alba, and all drug store products without much luck. I've used it for almost two months now and noticed a difference in my hormonal and cystic acne. I still have a few tiny blemishes that come up mostly due to my uncontrollable desire to touch my skin though my acne is still nothing compared to before and now manageable. I was hoping to find a similar product that was less expensive, but it works and I'd rather not change something that doesn't need to be fixed. I think this one works so well for me specifically cause of the salicylic acid and the combination of the black cohosh and green tea extract. Acne is a sensitive topic and I hope you all find something that works for your skin type.

Don't waste your money

This worked for me the first month I started using it, then it just stopped working and dryer my skin out, it still kept my black heads at bay but did noting for my hormonal acne on my cheeks, and also stated making my skin super oily. Would not recommend for moderate acne

dont buy it

worst mistake buying this product. i got a lot of recommendations from my friends to buy this cleanser, and saw on the website numerous good reviews. little did i know it would break me out even more. i used this product for a month in a half, and saw no improvement, not worth the money,

Good in moderation

I use this about once a month but I have to be careful to apply my fancy moisturizer because this can get drying fast. I used it every day for about a week and I got so flaky and I broke out terribly. I found this to help control my acne with a light touch. Not very good if you are looking for a daily cleanser, but can be very beneficial if you use it during a breakout.

Disappointing

I chose this product because it had so many good reviews on other sites like Sephora and Ulta and also because-- and I hate to admit this-- it was expensive, so I assumed it would work. As others have said, it did work for a brief time. However, after about two weeks my skin began getting really bad. I will say that it seemed to shorten the break outs and clear them up a little faster, but it definitely did nothing to prevent them. Also, it really dried out my skin, which is two times as bad as before because not only am I breaking out and peeling from the product that isn't working, but it's making me have to put on so much moisturizer that I break out even more! I wouldn't recommend this. I've gotten to the point where I would rather put makeup over a pimple than have flaky looking skin. I am now using CeraVe and after only two days my skin it much more hydrated and I have no new breakouts.

Do not purchase

This product worked well for me for about a month. Although it did nothing fantastic, it kept my acne under control. However - now my skin has gone to hell. This cleanser is extremely harsh and has me (who has the oiliest skin in the world) flaking and red. I am broken out in bumps everywhere on my skin and even though I have cut back to washing just once a day, this cleanser has me peeling all over and does nothing to combat my acne. Don't be fooled. This product might work to start with, but it will irritate and dry out your skin beyond belief. I am going to buy a gentle cleanser without such harsh ingredients and I implore everyone else to do so as well.

A bit too harsh

This product got a really fresh and nice scent to it, clear up the oil on my face, and leaving it quite fresh and dry. However, it really is too harsh on the skin, after a week of using this (day and night), my skin, though cleared up (a little) become more red than before. It contained too much acid in it that would really burn your face. I now only use this product maybe once or twice a week, I don't dare to use it more than that. Took me a long time to use half of the product, so it could be said as price-worth... maybe...

Terrible product

Do not buy this product, I used it twice over a 2 day period, went to bed last night & woke up with a swollen face and red swollen blotchy eyes, my nose had doubled in size. My face still hasn't gone down & it's 17 hours later I've tried everything but nothing is reducing the swelling. My face feels sunburnt. I don't suffer from acne but I have had consistent pimples for months now, I purchased this product after reading amazing reviews. My skin isn't sensitive at all, this product is like paint stripper. Do not purchase

best cleanser ever

I dont know why this has so many negative reviews! i found this to be the best cleanser ever. i suffered from adult acne and it was so bad, i had tried over a dozen of products until i came across this and within a week my face was cleared up. I recommended it to two of my friends and they couldnt believe the difference. absolutely the BEST. It does not dry out my skin as i have oily skin but make sure to moisturize after. I am considering getting the murad toner and lotion but have not yet so i dont know if they work.

Comments

Think twice before using it!..

none dries out the skin, has a flaking effect on it it causes swollen eyes if used for long on sensitive skin generally too harsh on skin I bought this product a long time ago in order to find something to get rid of my persistent acne (I am 30 yrs old). I would describe my acne status as light to moderate. I suffer from oily skin, I break out all year round, especially when those days of the month. I had been using the cleanser for about a week along with the sample of the mattifying cream I got. My face got red, it was extremely dried, tight and flaky. The last day I used it, I realized my eyes were swollen and my face was totally disfigured. I immediately stopped using it, and it took about a week or maybe more for my skin to get back to normal. It was an awful experience. Thank God I did not buy any other products of the series... Not to mention the unjustifiably high price.

Comments

I bet I would have gotten cystic acne from this

Deceptively, initially cleared acne Dried face, and left it feeling very tight, even around the eyes Made acne worse Caused redness At first I liked the stuff, it helped at first, but then made things worse. It made my face tight, red, and dry as hell. My boyfriend told me to stop using it, and that night I washed with Dove, and my acne immediately cleared. My face pealed for one week though. Eight days later, my skin is soft and smooth, and my blemishes are minimal. This stuff is wayyyy too harsh and expensive too. Don't do it.

Comments

Best cleanser for my skin

Makes skin feel clean Lasts FOREVER Clears acne A little pricey I started using this product 3 months ago (following Michael Todd's regimen that didn't do anything for my skin) and it cleared up complexion within a week with the help of their toner as well. Since then my breakouts even during my hormonal week have decreased and my skin is consistently clear! I super recommend this product for those who work well with salicylic acid (my skin reacts terrible with benzoyl). Usually my breakouts in zits and pimples, and on rare occasion a cystic area. (Super rare). If you're on the hunt for something I would really try this out! It smells minty not "bleachy". I don't mind the smell at all. ALSO it lasts FOREVER! It is long lasting and makes up for the price!!!

Doesn't Work at all

Gel Causes Breakouts Overly dries skin Smells terrible This cleanser first dried out my skin and made it peel, then made me break out in less than twenty four hours. It was terrible and it smelled like saline and bleach.

waste of money

dry skin rash swollen face horrible product. This dried my skin out and it went flacky and red. It also caused my skin to swell around the eye area and I did not sue it any where around my eyes. I am so disappointed. I have had to take steroid medication to get the swelling to come down, Do not buy this product if you have sensitive skin the ingredients are too harsh.

Comments

I love the Murad aging and acne lines and have mixed and matched and am more clear than ever over the past 2 years. I use this cleanser and love it. I massage it in for at least 30 seconds and it really exfoliates well, chemically. expensive Won't be caught without it.

Comments

None aggravates existing blemishes produces more breakouts smells bad makes skin tight This cleanser is horrible. It left my skin feeling tight and dry and made me break out even more. Was not helpful whatsoever.

Guest Allison
Guest Allison

nothing at all! broke me out dried me out made skin red and blotchy ugh and a total waste of money i bought this in january to finally acheive clear skin. Well clear skin my ass! this stuff made my face redder and drier. My main probolem was redness and flushing. After i got enough since to stop using this I have started using Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub.It works good for me :) my skin isnt red and that makes me happy

Comments

None. - Dries out face - Makes you break out - Way too strong I don't even know what made my mom buy this for me. All she did was waste money. Out of all my cleansers I ever had, this is probabally the worst one I ever used. It made me break out like crazy and there's dry peeled skin all over my face. I know you have to use a moisturizer, but I always have to be on top of it and it's just constantly dried. I used the moisturizer last night, and my face literally felt like it was on fire. It was so bad, I had to wash my face off to get the moisturizer off. DO NOT BUY THIS AND WASTE $30 PLEASE.

-29

-Noneeeee -Dried my skin out Don't waste your money. I'm not sure how this got on the market. It sucks.

Guest ASHLIE VICTORIA
Guest ASHLIE VICTORIA

NONE MAKES SKIN OILY EXPENSIVE CAUSES BREAKOUTS THIS PRODUCT SUCKS AFTER I USED IT MY FACE WOULD FEEL GREASY NOT CLEAN. I WASTED MY MONEY BECAUSE I LOST THE RECEIPT MY MISTAKE SO I GAVE IT TO MY SISTER HOPING IT WOULD WORK FOR HER BUT SHE HASN'T USED I YET SO WHO KNOWS. AVEENO FACE WASH WORKS 100% BETTER FOR THE THIRD OF THE COST DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I HONESTLY WOULD RATE THIS A "0" IF IT WAS ALLOWED

Popular Liquid