Page 5 of Minocycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.2/5 - 1133 reviews

Brand: Minocycline

Minocycline Product Pictured:
50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of Minocycline.

Magnesium stearate and starch (corn), D&C Red No. 28, D&C Yellow No. 10, gelatin, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide.

The 100 mg capsule shell also contains black iron oxide.

Minocycline Oral Antibiotic

Nothing worked like this for me
Reviewed on June 18, 2015

This worked wonders for my skin for the longest amount of time. The reviews are /really/ mixed on here, but I was able to clear most of my skin with it. After being on it for 6 months, I was taken off of it because my dermatologist thought it was concerning that I was on it for that long. As soon as I stopped taking it, my skin was uncontrollable. I did have an increased dose. I don't have them anymore, so I don't remember it, but I went as high up as they would give me lol.

It sorta works... For a while
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

I am a teen and one of the things I have been struggling with for many years is acne. I tried Proactiv, which helped for a few months and then it seemed had no affect at all, so I went to my doctor. She presricbed me Minocycline 100mg/ once a day and Retin-A. I have, and I know this is bad, been using Mino for almost two years now (I stopped once and in a few weeks my acne came right back, worse than before and showed no sign of leaving, so my doctor represcribed Mino 100mg/once per day and a stronger Retin-A solution). I have found that the Mino helped slightly with the few spots of acne I had on my back and chest, but has not done anything significant of noting on my face... Which is where most of my acne resides, so I'm planning on stopping my taking of Mino. I also found that taking Mino in the morning gave me an upset stomach, so I take it at night now. I have found also that the Retin-A was only drying my skin out, so I switched back to Proactiv and that is what is keeping my skin under control right now. I think for certain people this antibiotic can work, but for me it barely had an affect.

Quite good, Little to no side effects
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I used this consistently for about 3-4 months, but my doctor took me off of it because you're not supposed to be on an antibiotic for all that long. I had severe breakouts around my jaw and chin and they were cleared up within a month or two. My Hyperpigmentation then took about 2 months to go away and I still have reddish tint/patch coloration which I know will also go away. Just remember to take it regularly and not to skip dosages. AND PLEASE get it from a real doctor and don't just order it off the internet.

Worked well so far 50mg Once a day
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

I'm 25 and female, for the past three years my acne had been getting worse and worse. started off as once a month untill my whole jawline, chin and nose bridge was constantly covered in painfull acne. Both deep cystic and surface acne. I accidentally used the wrong steroid cream for a rash around my mouth and everything nose-down became covered in millions of tiny pimple like things - Perennial Dermatitis. Took 50mg Minocycline once a day at night for the rash and the acne. 3 months later and my skin has been the best it has in over 5 years. I still get a couple of surface pimples and one or two deep ones during ovulation but much better and smooth.

Works well
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I've been on minocycline (50mg - twice a day) for about 5 weeks now, and it has worked wonders on my acne. During the first 2 weeks I began it I saw my skin break out more than it has before, but as time progressed they quickly healed up. I haven't reached the second month period yet but my skin has been smooth and acne-free for at least a week and a half. All that is left to deal with now is the scarring from previous bouts of acne.

Overall, this treatment has been the most successful for me. I've tried so many other topical, prescription, and natural routes to clear up my acne but no other has had the same results as this has had. I've never had one of the side effects they list for the product, but it can definitely be a hassle to take daily. I know a few people are wary about taking the antibiotics route for their acne, but if you balance out the antibiotics with probiotics and can wait the 2 to 3 weeks for it to start kicking in then minocycline is definitely a treatment to consider.

Update April 19, 2015: After completing the 2 months of minocycline, I went off of it. It had majorly cleared up my skin and there was no purpose remaining to continue taking it. I've now been off of it for a month and my acne has not come back at all. While my skin does still have some scarring and hyperpigmentation, it is now beyond smooth. If I do get a breakout, it is extremely small and is gone within days. I am so thrilled and relieved with the results as many people say they have their acne come back after going off of it. I still strongly recommend using this product to help with your acne, and I really urge you don't overuse it. Once you see your skin clearing up, it's best to go off and see how your skin reacts. Staying on it for years in hopes it will keep your acne at bay forever will only minimize its effects and would not be very healthy for your body. I hope everyone else who decides to use this antibiotic have the same great results as I did when I went on it.

works wonders.... until you get off of it
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

title of the post says it all. it didn't clear ALL my acne, but it sure as hell helped it. i've been taking this pill for about 2 years (yes, that's bad, i know) and gone off of it a total of two times.... and those two times i've never broken out worse in my entire life. very risky drug... & like all antibiotic's it's not a perminent solution.

My skin improves, but i feel giddy
Reviewed on February 4, 2015

Hi everybody,

One week has passed since I'm taking the pills (1 per day, 100mg) at the same time that I'm pouring Benzoyl Peroxide at nights in the skin. I have to say that my skin has improved and the spots are not like before, but I feel giddy, especially in the afternoons, and this feelings starts when I started this antibiotic. Has someone had this kind of effect with the minocycline?

by Rowans on 07/12/2015 17:46
Yes I felt giddy and had acid reflux!
It's a treatment alright.
Reviewed on January 9, 2015

I've tried Doxy and Mino, and out of the two I saw Mino worked stronger for me.

My acne originally was just a bunch of pimples and some cysts. I took some pills and now the cycts are more common.

For over a year this was MY pill. This stuff worked like a charm. As long as you take it every day, twice a day, 100mg.

If you missed a dose, A SINGLE DOSE, you could break out again. I got injections for that though, so it wasn't too big of a deal. My stomach hurts from time to time, and I dealt with it, but this pill did wonders, as gross as it tasted after swallowing...

I loved being on it, but I got tired of taking two pills every day for the rest of my life(it seemed) so I wanted to take accutane, I even got the pills at home but I've chickened out for the second time now... I just heard too much about the risks and I'm not willing to risk my sex life and the future of my health and my sight and my mental health. (seriously have you read the side effects and reviews, they're scary af)

There was a review that I read on here, about Bactrim, that I sort of agree with. This is all just a treatment game. Our dermatologists all tell us to take this and take that and it's all terrible for our bodies and it's all just a treatment. It's never a cure.(except accutane, but at what cost really?) Cause why would the doctors want to cure you? You'll never come back, and they won't make another penny off of you!

I'm experimenting with a new route. The all natural route. No pills at all.. I'm gonna see how I feel after a month of not taking anything. I just might come crawling back to Mino and suck it up and take it twice a day like a good boy and try not to miss a dose and be happy that my skin doesn't have as many cysts and pimples as it does without the pills. We'll see...

But bottom line is, I recommend this pill, it works wonders, it is exactly what it's meant to be, a treatment. It's not gonna do anything else for you.

Thrilled
Reviewed on January 8, 2015

I had no results until about week 4 and I noticed I didn't have any new acne. Now at 6 weeks I am clear with only an occasional tiny pimple. This has been great for me.

Awesome results
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

Been on this for 5 weeks now and between week 4- now I started noticing the results. After week 2 I could tell I wasn't getting new acne but I still had the old acne present. Today I don't have 1 single spot on my face. I have 1 week of pills left and I'm going to see my dr to see if I need any more. So happy with the results . Just need to get rid of the pigmentation that the acne has left behind. I take 50 mg twice a day.