Metrogel Methronidazole (10%) Gel Reviews

Brand: Metrogel

Metrogel Methronidazole (10%) Gel

possible allergy.

I can't honestly say how well this works. I was prescribed it for perioral dermatitis. Basically every pore on my upper lip area and around my nose looks like an ingrown hair or something and it burns! I must have had a sensitivity or an allergic reaction to it because the area I used this swelled up. it took about a day to go down. it didn't cause any redness or burning upon application so I was confused when I started feeling the puffiness (I actually had a mild heart attack thinking I had developed a benzoyl peroxide allergy since I use that on most of my problem areas!). I'm sure it works for many, but I recommend testing it maybe for a day before application just in case.

Good but Slow for Perioral Dermatitis

I recently went to my dermatologist and got a prescription for metrogel from my dermatologist based off a youtube video called basic bitches guide to perioral dermatitis and eczema. One month in, I am dealing with a lot of peeling, but other than that, my perioral dermatitis is slowing going away. I get random flairs especially around my eyes and dark circles, but applying this three or four nights in a row and it is all but gone. I also highly recommend searching her videos (especially the perioral dermatitis video) if you are looking for products to battle the peeling or help with the process!

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

Seems to reduce inflammation overall. Little goes a long way. Oily appearance. I have not been officially diagnosed with rosascea, but my derm gave this to see it could reduce the redness on my face. I have been using it just on my nose and it seems to work overnight to reduce it. The problem is the redness returns throughout the day. However, with this, I have no worries of inflammation. Certainly worth a shot!

Guest Sherree
Guest Sherree

Works like a dream! Totally cleared up my 25-yr acne problem in about 3 weeks! Goes on like water, a little goes a long, long way so, even though it's not cheap, you get your money's worth! No fragrance and it doesn't dry out your skin one iota! The little cap can be a booger to get back on! (Yes, that's the only negative I have to report.) When I was a teen, my Dr. prescribed Retin-A, oral antibiotics, etc, and that worked on my acne - mostly. But I always had an annoying bit that has stayed around. I recently visited a new dermatologist who suggested my problem is actually Rosacea. I was shocked because my symptoms are pimples/zits/acne - whatever you want to call it. My face wasn't red like you typically see with Rosacea...it just looked like an average (but persistent) case of teenage acne. People, I turn 40 this year and I always wondered why my friends acne went away when they hit their 20s and mine didn't. I've tried EVERY PRODUCT ON THE MARKET so I was skeptical when the Dr. diagnosed Rosacea and sent me home with Metrogel. But, WOW! For the first time in 25 years my skin is totally clear! (Totally.) There IS a God! P.S. I put the product cost at $35 but that's just my portion; insurance pays the rest. I'm not certain the full cost.

Popular Topical