Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Immunity

STEER CLEAR of AcnEase

5 posts in this topic

There was me, the naive, unsuspecting victim. I stumbled across www.acnease.com and read the clinical studies. Wow, I thought. Did I fancy my odds at success? Did I ever!

I ordered one month's supply, which comes with a "money back guarantee", so I thought what the hell do I have to lose!? I bought it ($90!) and was excited when they arrived. Just a month till I'm clear, I thought. So I took them. Weeks passed without change. The tablets were reaching the end of my batch, so I thought, hey, maybe when I'm still experiencing some kind of initial breakout.

The time ebbed away, as did my supply, and too my hope. They helped my mild/moderate acne in NO way, shape nor form. Ah well I exclaimed, I'll get my money back. So I sent back the remainder of my supply (minimal, but you need some "evidence" along with the receipt). I tirelessly checked my statement waiting for the money to come back into my account. Maybe 2 weeks passed with nothing. I tried emailing them, although their email service was "down". I went to the contact page of their site, and decided to give them a call. No-one answered, however an answering machine referred me to a mobile phone, which I texted demanding my money back.

In the end the lady told me that I was not entitled to my money back, as you needed to return "full packets". What the hell!? How would I have been able to tell if it worked I thought to myself. I relentlessly contested this, but to no avail. She continued to amend the rules/regulations outlined on the guarantee page.

Please people, AVOID this product. It will do nothing but sting your wallets/purses.

wow, thanks for the advice.... =D>

haha nice maddafakking cripwalk!

i shot one out so hard and fast once that i flinched backwards. lol

I strongly!!!!!!! encourage you to contact the better business bureau :) What this company did is NOT legal and if they have some type of money back offer they need to stand by it. Is there anyway that you can get a copy of the old page before the changes were made to it? I suggest that you send this company and email or better yet a letter, stating that what they did was illegal and if they dont refund your money by (a specific date) that you will be reporting them to the better biz bureau.

Good luck and PLEASE PLEASE follow up on this scam!

I was taken by a mechanic and wasnt going to do anything about it thinking that court would be too much of a hassle. Then I thought that if they did this to me, just because Im a woman, they are and will do it to others as well.

You can win, you just have to work a little harder at it :) Its not just the money they owe you - but for all the people they are scamming. Maybe their crap product works for others but I highly doubt it and you need to make a complaint. But remember your complining that they didnt follow through on their guareentee, not so much about the product itself.

Go kick some scumbag corporate butt.

Trixie

that stuff was a waste of money man it happend to me too it reccomends to use it for a month at least so then you try it and then the money back garentee is gone. it didnt do anything for me but waste 120 bucks.

You have recourse.

I used to volunteer for an organization called Consumer Action in San Francisco, a consumer advocacy organization. An interesting link on their web site regarding returns: http://www.consumer-action.org/English/FAQ...AQ.php#retail01

If I remember correctly, they'll tell you to contact your local department of consumer affairs (CA is 1-800-952-5210), and your attorney general's office where you can file a complaint (CA is http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/mailform.htm )

I don't like hearing stuff like this. If it were me, I wouldn't let it slide. Thanks for warning others, however.

-Dan