Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Propolis Cream

Started by Rosihhh Rosihhh

22 posts in this topic

My dad just came back from an agricultural show and brought me back some Propolis and Honey cream which has a very informative leaflet with it that says it can help acne as it has antibacterial, antibiotics and antifungal effects. Has anyone has any experiences with Propolis which i think is the same as Royal Jelly and is made by bees? I currently have some red, unsightly scabs left over after squeezing went wrong and not sure to put this on or not.

thankyou eusa_angel.gif

What you feel is what you are and what you are is *Beautiful*

-I am currently on Erythromycin 250mg twice daily(2 months now)

-I have just started applying a thin layer of BP at night time

has nobody tried this??!!!

What you feel is what you are and what you are is *Beautiful*

-I am currently on Erythromycin 250mg twice daily(2 months now)

-I have just started applying a thin layer of BP at night time

I've never tried the cream. I've tried the tincture though, which is edible too. I don't remember if it actually helped much. I didn't try the cream because it may be too rich for younger people. But it would sure be interesting to know if anyone has tried it. If it works, I'm all for it. biggrin.gif

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."

"Mais les yeux sont aveugles. Il faut chercher avec le cœur."

~ Le Petit Prince par Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Accutane depuis le 31 Janvier 2006 pendant 5 mois

kitkat.jpg

It's been awhile. Hiatus.

I was just about to post about Propolis cream and then I found this thread when I did a search.

I use Propolis cream, and I can thoroughly recommend it. Its the only acne treatment that has actually had any effect on me!

My back suffers from really bad acne and most products I try don't seem to work so well. But when I started applying propolis cream 3-4 times a day (as you should if possible) the spots started to disappear within a few days.

I also use the cream on my face after I shave. Usually I come up in spots the day after shaving as I have very sensitive skin. Normal acne treatments merely aggrevate the skin even more and dry it out, especially after shaving. But the propolis cream 'soothes' it as well as stopping my skin breaking out into spots the following day.

In fact propolis cream has worked so well for me I'm utterly amazed that it hasn't been promoted to the hilt. Probably because it is cheap and a tub lasts a good while so the major manufacturers won't want to touch it!

I'm not sure of the different brands out there, but I first started getting mine from Medibee.co.uk. I'm just trying another one at the moment that I obtained from the highstreet from a compnay called Bee Health. So far it seems to be working just as well (it should since they say it is natural and hasn't had any other chemical rubbish added to it).

I believe propolis is not the same as Royal Jelly. I think propolis is what Bees have at the entrance to their hives, and acts as a kind of dissinfectant matte when the bees enter. They have to keep the hive absolutely clean and I think the propolis kills any unwanted bacteria etc. Thats what I gather anyway. Someone else may know better.

So yeah, give it a go! But make sure you apply it very regularly.

let us kno how it works if you decide to try it!!

Accutane started 01/03/06 -20, 40, 60, 80 mg daily.

AccutaneLog

Morning: Moisturize- Complex 15.

Night: Cleanse- Aveeno Ultra Calming. Moisturize- Complex 15

a kinda funny thing i noticed. after everyone i tell that im taking accutane and explain it....every single of of them always say have you ever tried pro activ? hehe kinda makes me giggle cause i know they dont understand.

To make it into a cream they need to add some other stuff. Here is a list of ingredients on the stuff I am currently using. I need to use it longer to find out if it is as good as the Medibee stuff.

Ingredients for Bee Health Propolis cream;

Aqua

Petrolatum

Paraffinum Liquidum

Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate

Propolis MPG extract

Glycerin

Cetearyl Alchohol and Polysorbate 60 and PEG 150 Stearate Steareth-20

Cera Alba

Octyl Palmitate

Polysorbate 20

Phenoxyethanol and Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben and Bronopol

Now, I bought that version of Propolis only because I ran out of the Medibee stuff and needed some quickly. I will probably order more of the Medibee stuff when I next buy it.

Ingredients for the Medibee Propolis cream (www.medibee.co.uk)

Beeswax

Honey

Propolis

Olive Oil

I would prefer to use the latter if possible!

I can assure you though that it works if you use it very regularly. And I don't say that lightly. I have had terrible acne ever since I was a teenager (I'm 30 now). I really reached the end of my patience with most high street solutions. I tried Propolis on a whim earlier this year, not expecting it to make any difference at all. But I thought I might as well try it since I had tried almost everything else. And to my surprise it actually did something! But you do have to keep on using it. You can't use it for a few days and then stop. You need to keep using it even when the acne has gone otherwise it will come back. In my case it does anyway.

I'm sure the Medibee people would take a cheque.

Alternatively, I bought my current Propolis cream from a highstreet chemist (not Boots, another chain, but can't remember what it is!)

Forever Living sells Bee Propolis Cream I know of. You can order online or find a seller represetative near you!

Present Regimen:

Morning:

-Carley's Soap/Just Water

-Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

-Everyday Minerals

Nighttime:

-Carley's Soap

-Carley's Treatment Scrub

-Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Bacne Treatment:St.Ives Apircot Scrub/Apircot Body Wash

Also substituting the FOTE Gel for the Forver Living Aloe First Spray sometimes.

It helps me!

In fact. I WOULD be continuing with it..but I have meds. And I think at the moment I have to keep it simple and less is more at the moment for me. But after I am done with the med at night time, I am going back to this. It DOES help, espchially if your constent with it(3 - 4 times a day), AND it HEALS red marks. Believe it or not. I had two around my eye brow area. After 3 days of applying this(3 times a day) it was GONE.

Morning

Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser

Ice any pimples for a couple minutes

Derma E Tea Tree and E antiseptic moisteriser

Spot treat any pimples through out the day with proplis extract treatment(or) Oil of Oregano.

Evening

Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser

Ice any pimples for a couple mins

Spot treat any pimples through out the day with proplis extract treatment(or) Oil of Oregano.

Derma E Tea Tree and E antiseptic moisteriser

Exfoliate twice a week with: "Anew Clincal- micro-exfoliant"

2,000mg's of GLA "Borage oil"+1 per dose Letchin with milk.

IT DOES WORK!- Helped A LOT with controlling my breakouts. Didn't clear my skin up completely but I have moderately heavy acne.

I started using the Aloe Propolis Creme (by "forever") this summer after a reccomendation from a friend to try it. I was VERY skeptical, as nothing but Accutane was worked for me in the past, but after about two weeks, I started noticing my skin was clearing up. I believe the creme is traditionally for the healing of scars but it definitely works to help clear up acne! I still break out every so often but it has made a big improvement and it is a nice alternative to using accutane (which I am still skeptical about using again after going on it twice and my acne returning both times after coming off it).

I found it online for $13.45.

(as far as I'm aware, it can only be purchased online)

the bottle lasts me around 4 months- using it atleast once a day- often more

this is what i am trying. the forever stuff. good job its the weekend. although its shit that i have to stay in and hide away untill i feel i could show myself to the world.

however ive given up since nothing i do works.

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose.

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug.

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice. You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum.

It helps me!

In fact. I WOULD be continuing with it..but I have meds. And I think at the moment I have to keep it simple and less is more at the moment for me. But after I am done with the med at night time, I am going back to this. It DOES help, espchially if your constent with it(3 - 4 times a day), AND it HEALS red marks. Believe it or not. I had two around my eye brow area. After 3 days of applying this(3 times a day) it was GONE.

Where do you get your propolis cream?

It helps me!

Forever Living sells Bee Propolis Cream I know of. You can order online or find a seller represetative near you!

I just looked this up online to purchase it, but then I found a lot of sites talking about scams involved with this company. Any thoughts?

IT DOES WORK!- Helped A LOT with controlling my breakouts. Didn't clear my skin up completely but I have moderately heavy acne.

I started using the Aloe Propolis Creme (by "forever") this summer after a reccomendation from a friend to try it. I was VERY skeptical, as nothing but Accutane was worked for me in the past, but after about two weeks, I started noticing my skin was clearing up. I believe the creme is traditionally for the healing of scars but it definitely works to help clear up acne! I still break out every so often but it has made a big improvement and it is a nice alternative to using accutane (which I am still skeptical about using again after going on it twice and my acne returning both times after coming off it).

I just looked this up online to purchase it, but then I found a lot of sites talking about scams involved with this company. Any thoughts?

well the company isnt a scam you mean forever? cause my mum buys it from her friend who sets up aloe vera parties

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose.

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug.

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice. You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum.

I have never seen that cream before, but I know that today I just bought honey to cleanse my face with from my local health food store. It is raw honey and comes with all-natural bee propolis in the product, which you have to stir in. I just used it about 10 minutes ago, and I find that the propolis gives the cleanser an exfoliating action (the propolis is in a tiny granule form). I still think I will scrape some of the propolis off the top of the product to get the exfoliation to my liking if I purchase again. I will try to remember to check back in here in a week to tell you how this method of cleansing my face has worked, and might make a review. :) Btw, I am very interested in purchasing that cream...You know you could just as easily make the cream at home by yourself? Just try heating up some bee propolis until it becomes a liquid (or already buy it in liquid form), add some pure aloe vera gel, and even some essential oils or herbs! And a benefit of doing that would be you know for sure what will be in it.

Regarding propolis cream. I have used this regularly and buy it online from a company called natural plus they have a web site called buypropolis.com and they have always been ok when i have dealt with them. The Propolis they sell is made by Bee health and I've always been happy with it

Been using propolis cream from medibee for about a week. It's the most amazing skin care product I've tried so far - and I've tried a lot. Helped a lot with my facial seborrhea and acne, and in such short time. However I did use a homemade toner (oregano, thyme, rosemary) along with it, so I'm not sure how much that helped. I'll discontinue toner and report back.

Hello all!

Iv'e just bought the propolis cream from Medibee.co.uk and am really looking forward to it arriving so I can start using it! How long did it take you to notice any changes after you started using it? Have you found that the olive oil or bees wax in it has clogged pores and caused any breakouts? And do you use it like an all over face moisturizer or as a treatment just dapped on spots? Thanks!!