Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antony

My Acne Program

421 posts in this topic

Hey Antony,

I just started the fast today. I am on doxycycline since April 25 (last Monday) and have seen no results as of yet. I have mild acne with occasional severe breakouts. I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion and the Extra strength blemish fighting solution. Since I started using the BHA I have no blackheads. I still get stubborn whiteheads which the blemish solution dry out but I find it dries out my skin so much. I have to use a lot of moisturizer. Do you use the emu oil moisturizer? If you do, is it greasy? Anyway, I do have a couple of questions, I hope I'm not too annoying biggrin.gif .

- What do you eat the raw eggs with? I find it kind of disgusting to try to ingest them raw. I know you wrote that if you cook them it defeats the purpose, so I will eat them raw (whatever it takes to help my skin) but what does this do for acne?

- I want to take all the vitamins you suggest but I feel like I would be a pill popper. It sounds like an awful lot of pills to be taking everyday, plus my doxycycline pill. I hope the vitamins don't affect the effect of the doxy.

- I use Cetaphil Face Cleansing Lotion because it is very gentle. I am very hesitant about what I put on my face because I don't want to trigger any more breakouts. I don't know about the Nivea Baby Cleansing milk.

- Now if I start doing the vinegar and water solution, should I stop using my Paula's Choice products?

I ate my first apple a little while ago. I don't particularly like apples and can't believe I'm about to do it for 3 days. Is there anything else I can substitute for apples that will give the same results? Does it have to be golden delicious apples? I appreciate your response and I'm sorry to bother you!

Currently my son is using the bp gel. He also uses the beurer softlaser along with a vitamin C topical cream. His acne has improved and I really would like to see other products that contain vitamin C and the BP gel is not drying like other products. His skin really made and improvement. The beurer soft laser he uses daily. You can find the beurer soft laser at ebay sometime or overstock.

HAZEL

SHEZ: great to hear it and best of luck to you. let me know how it's working out.

CARMINA: i'm afraid i really just don't have the time to take you through every step of the program in simpler english but i would recommend you print it out and take it to a friend who does have better english whenever you need something clarified. the olive oil as with all the foods you buy in ANY supermarket, it is a universal product for cooking in the west. this program will make you clear with time and gradually, you can't expect to become clear overnight, but if you really do try to follow the program you will slowly but surely get clearer and clearer.

sk1927: varies betwee everyone in how long it takes before people start seeing great improvement, but you can expect to see very good results within 2-3 weeks and great results with 1-2 months.

PRECIOSA: vitamins don't interact with the doxy, they're fine to take; raw eggs just crack into a glass and drink down, you get quite used to it and they're VERY healthy and good for you, besides for general health esp vis-a-vis acne very rich in lecithin which is important for acne; you can keep your Cetaphil if you would like to as like the Nivea it is a very mild cleanser, but drop the PC's products unless you really want on-the-pimple action every now and then with the blemish target gel; best of luck with the fast you can and will make it but just eat as many golden delicious apples as you need to stay full but DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ELSE, WHEN YOU FEEL THE DESIRE TO, KNOW THAT IT WILL BE OVER IN JUST 3 DAYS AND THINK OF THE BENEFIT IT WILL HAVE FOR YOUR SKIN. The flush on the 3rd night is CRUCIAL. I honestly hope you can then successfully phase in the rest of the program. I believe you will experience amazing results with it. Please do let us know how it goes! cheers, antony biggrin.gif

PRECIOSA: vitamins don't interact with the doxy, they're fine to take; raw eggs just crack into a glass and drink down, you get quite used to it and they're VERY healthy and good for you, besides for general health esp vis-a-vis acne very rich in lecithin which is important for acne; you can keep your Cetaphil if you would like to as like the Nivea it is a very mild cleanser, but drop the PC's products unless you really want on-the-pimple action every now and then with the blemish target gel; best of luck with the fast you can and will make it but just eat as many golden delicious apples as you need to stay full but DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ELSE, WHEN YOU FEEL THE DESIRE TO, KNOW THAT IT WILL BE OVER IN JUST 3 DAYS AND THINK OF THE BENEFIT IT WILL HAVE FOR YOUR SKIN. The flush on the 3rd night is CRUCIAL. I honestly hope you can then successfully phase in the rest of the program. I believe you will experience amazing results with it. Please do let us know how it goes! cheers, antony biggrin.gif

OK so I could'nt do the fast flush yesterday.  I know I sound like a quitter but the only reason I ate dinner was because I got my period yesterday morning and I had horrible cramps and had a headache all day.  I had salmon with lettuce, a little bit of ev olive oil and salt & pepper.  I'm going to eat apples all day today except for dinner too and I will start the fast flush for REAL on Monday when my period has said its goodbye.  I know I have the willpower and that I can do it.  I weigh 110 and am 4'11'' and always want to weigh around 100lbs and do it ever so often especially in the summer.  I once went on a 4 day watermelon diet in the summer so I could lose weight.  I didn't cheat and it didn't make me hate watermelon.  I hate apples.  I can honestly say that everytime I bite into one it makes me sick, but I'm doing it for the sake of my skin.  I will let you all know the results I'm having.  I also want to look into doing a colonic irrigation or whatever you call it.  I have a wedding in 7 weeks and want to look my best.  Thanks for your info Antony and I will give it a shot with the raw eggs. smile.gif

Really?? Are cucumbers as efficient as apples in this detox program? Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE cucumbers.... However, if they are not as efficient, I can totally do apples.

Let me know and I hope you're well,

i.g.m.p.

(oh, and I plan on doing this program during the summer, just fyi.)

If the dealer dealt a fucked up hand of cards you've gotta play 'em

Outkast

I.G.M.P.: Apples are better because their malic acid helps soften blockages in the gallbladder in preparation for the flush, but cucumbers do also work well, so I recommend cucumbers for someone not because they love cucumbers but because they absolutely hate and can't stand to eat apples. Unless you absolutely can't bear to eat apples, you should use apples instead of cucumbers. But by all means increase your daily consumption of cucumbers if you can-- they are an excellent cleansing food with great benefits for your skin!

SUPREMEONE:

- don't worry about that warning on the clarkia product; those warnings are on virtually all such natural/supplement products, it's nothing serious at all.

- just drink down the eggs in a glass

- just drink 1 tblspoon total efa with every meal; if you want to measure the mgs of the constituents in a tblspoon (15ml), take the mgs per 100ml on the label and divide by 15ml. at any rate i've found the ideal amount to take works out to 1 tblspoon per meal for 3 tblspoon/day.

- many w dandruff have found that with repeated liver flushes their dandruff literally disappears. in the meantime you can use "100% Virgin Coconut Oil" from your health store, you take a little bit in your hand while in the shower and massage deep into your scalp, then rinse thoroughly out of your hair. this is also EXTREMELY healthy to eat-- nibble on as much as you want out of your hand before using it on your scalp in the shower! many have cured their dandruff just from using natural virgin coconut oil instead of bottles and bottles of store-bought products.

BlueiPod.jpg

Hey Antony... it seems like you know A LOT about acne s0o0

I was just WONDERING ( biggrin.gif ) if you knew anything about water being related to acne... like the hardness of water or whatever... the purity I guess? I hope your getting me because I don't know what the word is for what I'm trying to say... wacko.gif

Annnyways, if you can't answer the question I can understand why because I don't think I'm making any sense.... eusa_think.gif

BlueiPod.jpg

The diff between hard and soft water: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhardwater.html

as regards acne, while most derms argue there is no difference in their effect, it is generally believed that hard water can potentially exacerbate acne. needless to say it is by far a secondary factor to diet, genetics, stress and topicals. some believe that using a shower filter is a way to help things if they are concerned that this may be a factor in their acne: http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/wellnessshower.html

Hi Antony,

I recently discovered this forum and found your program to be quite interesting. Some background is that I suffer from acne (although I questioned it before since my skin is more inflammed than filled with pimples and such) and have gone to the dermotologist prior. Like most dermotologist, mine put me on topical treatments, antibotics, and such without much help. I had my experiences with BP topicals treatments, and I have always felt they worsened my acne rather than make them better (dries out my skin). I also have oily and sensitive skin for that matter. My dermotologist did put me on Accutane for periods of 1 year. So I've experienced consistent use of Accutane for 2x 1 year periods, probably out of 4 - 5 years of going to the dermotologist. After some consistent use, accutane really did clear up my skin. I experienced some side effects (dry skin, very chapped lips, nose bleeds), but I guess it wasn't as bad as others. Still, after I was off of accutane for a prolong period, my acne flared up again. Since I also avoid any use of BP (I just wash my face with water as of now, and gently use some neutrogena face moisterizer for sensensitive skin), your program appeared very attractive to me. I believe my acne is based on genetics, but I feel like if i take better care of my skin, i will see a vast improvement.

Now some question and comments:

1) I saw the nightly recommended enemas. Do enemas cause immediate diarrhea, and do you recommend it during the first 3 days of the flush only? If one takes an enema, what is the purpose of the fourth day whole oil/lemon mixture which will also cause diarrhea the next morning?

2) Regarding the cleansing regimen - my mom has a steam facial type of contraption? (Put water into a contraption, machine/bowl vaporizes the water and you put your face over it). Can that replace your - "3 mins steam face over sink/bowl of boiling water (from kettle), towel over head"?

3) While your diet seems good, it seems a bit hard to maintain. As a commuter student to a college, I find it difficult to maintain as I work part time and attend school towards the evening. Any tips?

4) What's your take on drinking water that is boiled? Or would spring water / tap water be ideal?

Other than that, looking foward to start your program (hopefully fast flush from 5/16 - 5/18). Is it ideal to start on the fast flush first while I order the products online and wait for them?

shonen, glad you're willing to give it a try and i wish you the best of luck.

what is your age and gender?

1) purpose of enema is to clear colon so all toxins being absorbed by apples and released by olive oil/lemon are efficiently eliminated and do not remain in the system to cause toxic buildup. ensures efficient elimination, crucial for any effective detox

2) fancy gadget really doesn't make a difference; face over steaming water works just as well, what matters is that you do it within cleansing regimen every day

3) follow it as closely as you can, preparing meals in tupperware and taking w you if necessary; at least stick to the guiding acne-diet principles

4) tap water is fine so long as the water in your area isn't bad for some reason; if you can use filtered water or bottled water, but tap water is OK. most important thing is just to ensure you're getting as much water as I say in program

start the fast-flush whenever you want but be sure that you have everything you need ready in advance for phasing in the diet and supplementation. the cleansing regimen you can and should start RIGHT AWAY!

good luck Shonen!

Yep, I'm drinking 3-4 liters of water with one freshly squeezed lemon per liter!

Would it be really bad if I chewed gum? I don't have exactly bad breath, it just isn't the most pleasant smell! biggrin.gif Hey, I guess eating nothing but apples and drinking nothing but lemon water will have that effect but I don't mind, but I'm sure the people I talk to will. smile.gif

I have another question for you Antony. OK, you say one has to drink diluted epsom salts. I went to the pharmacy, found "Epsom salt:saline laxative" on the shelf, and asked the pharmacist if I can drink this mixed with water. The pharmacist responded that a drinkable epsom salt does not exist. Antony, what epsom salts are you referring to?

The pharmacist says that because s/he isn't familiar with this practice. For more on the background of epsom salts http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20000804.html. Even so his/her ignorance is surprising as many doctors even today often suggest it to patients with constipation or bowel troubles. It is perfectly safe to drink epsom salts diluted in water so long as you are not suffering from any significant medical conditions, such as heart or kidney problems, in which case you should consult your physician before any such practice. "Epsom salts: saline laxative" can be used as either an oral laxative (as in this case) or as a rectal laxative (as in one kind of enema). Here we are using it as an oral laxative: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objec...4C1B30A1E016AFB. Diluted and taken as advised this is safe. It only becomes potentially risky with long-term use, as in for more than 1 week. Here we are using it only for 1 day.

Antony,

Thanks so much for the help!!! biggrin.gif Also, I found a site that does a lot of the things you recommend regarding the liver flush: http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/kelley.asp.

Also, just a little more clarification and I think I'll have everything understood. You say one can start eating on the fifth day. Isn't it really the sixth day? Three straight days of nothing but apples, the fourth day you don't eat anything till noon but apples and do the olive oil mix at night, and the fifth day a light brunch. So really, it's the SIXTH day that you can start eating normally again. Right?

Antony,

Thanks so much for the help!!!  biggrin.gif  Also, I found a site that does a lot of the things you recommend regarding the liver flush: http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/kelley.asp.

Also, just a little more clarification and I think I'll have everything understood. You say one can start eating on the fifth day. Isn't it really the sixth day? Three straight days of nothing but apples, the fourth day you don't eat anything till noon but apples and do the olive oil mix at night, and the fifth day a light brunch. So really, it's the SIXTH day that you can start eating normally again. Right?

But I should qualify that by saying that by eating "normally" this of course refers to phasing in the Anti-Inflammatory diet, which is delicious and more than filling in its own right, and sticking to it for at least 1-2 weeks before adding other foods you enjoy, all while following the guiding acne-diet principles.

Regarding to your question of gender and age, I’m male and currently 20 (born on 9/11, HA). I didn’t mean to make my mom’s steam facial sound like a fancy equipment, just that in my case, it turns out handy because I can just pour in water and let it steam my face (same as face over steaming water). I didn’t get the part about the tower over the head though. Would I place a towel over my head while my face is getting like steamed? Aside from that, enemas sound pretty useful for cleansing the colon. However, tons of people seem to avoid that method. Is it really all that bad?

Some more questions –

Why exactly is dairy so bad for you? I like to sneak in an occasional glass of milk for cereal, mix milk with my whey protein, or eat yogurts.

Supplementation – I checked out the links for the supplements you suggest us to take, and most seem to last for about a month. Will be always have to use supplements (seems like I’ll be running a high bill each month), or can we gradually decrease the amounts? Regarding the vitamins, could I just walk into a vitamin shoppe or GNC and pick them up?

I posed a question last time about tap water, filter, and bottled. I forgot to ask, what were your thoughts about boiled water?

shonen, glad you're willing to give it a try and i wish you the best of luck.

what is your age and gender?

1) purpose of enema is to clear colon so all toxins being absorbed by apples and released by olive oil/lemon are efficiently eliminated and do not remain in the system to cause toxic buildup. ensures efficient elimination, crucial for any effective detox

2) fancy gadget really doesn't make a difference; face over steaming water works just as well, what matters is that you do it within cleansing regimen every day

3) follow it as closely as you can, preparing meals in tupperware and taking w you if necessary; at least stick to the guiding acne-diet principles

4) tap water is fine so long as the water in your area isn't bad for some reason; if you can use filtered water or bottled water, but tap water is OK. most important thing is just to ensure you're getting as much water as I say in program

start the fast-flush whenever you want but be sure that you have everything you need ready in advance for phasing in the diet and supplementation. the cleansing regimen you can and should start RIGHT AWAY!

good luck Shonen!

Regarding to your question of gender and age, I’m male and currently 20 (born on 9/11, HA). I didn’t mean to make my mom’s steam facial sound like a fancy equipment, just that in my case, it turns out handy because I can just pour in water and let it steam my face (same as face over steaming water). I didn’t get the part about the tower over the head though. Would I place a towel over my head while my face is getting like steamed? Aside from that, enemas sound pretty useful for cleansing the colon. However, tons of people seem to avoid that method. Is it really all that bad?

Some more questions –

Why exactly is dairy so bad for you? I like to sneak in an occasional glass of milk for cereal, mix milk with my whey protein, or eat yogurts.

Supplementation – I checked out the links for the supplements you suggest us to take, and most seem to last for about a month. Will be always have to use supplements (seems like I’ll be running a high bill each month), or can we gradually decrease the amounts? Regarding the vitamins, could I just walk into a vitamin shoppe or GNC and pick them up?

I posed a question last time about tap water, filter, and bottled. I forgot to ask, what were your thoughts about boiled water?

http://www.bodybuilding.com) can be mixed just with water; best thing do if unsure is after fast-flush and anti-inflammatory diet, re-introduce ONE food you like (i.e. milk) but are uncertain about in terms of affecting acne, and see if your acne worsens after a week or two; if ok then keep it and then try ONE other food and see if after 1-2 weeks your skin is affected, then so on.

yes you can gradually decrease supplementation amounts once clear enough to suit you and see whether you remain clear; can be bought at any health store like GNC

boiled water fine, in theory better as boiling kills bacteria, but tapwater is good enough