Benzoyl peroxide burn

Started by Jenny666 Jenny666

3 posts in this topic

I used benzoyl peroxide gel 2.5% two days back on my cheeks fr acne.i didnt spot apply bt spread it all over my cheeks.i used it fr the first time and left fr 3-4 hrs.. after i washed it the gel caused a burn in same circle shape that i had applied. Will it remain permanent .im really worried...

Hi Jenny666, 

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. If you are first week into The Regimen, you should use only a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment and then apply at least two full pumps of the Cane.org Moisturizer twice a day to prevent dryness and irritation. Washing off the Acne.org Treatment will render it ineffective so you should leave it on your skin until the next application of the Acne.org Regimen products. 

By week three, you may SLOWLY increase the dose of the Acne.org Treatment until your skin can tolerate the full amount of the product. 

Need help with Acne.org's policies, products and services?

Contact us at http://www.acne.org/contact-us.html

Have a nice day! 

It won’t remain permanent ; it’s sort of like a sunburn. I had the same thing happen to me. I stopped using BP for 3-4 days and then slowly reintroduced it. (Eventually I found a much more gentle BP than this one thankfully!)