marked and pinned threads

Started by Candy Says Candy Says

8 posts in this topic

can all threads marked by "star" be pinned at a top of every subforum? it would be easier to navigate especially in "scar treatments' forum.

sorry for my bad english

On ‎13‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Control Panel said:

Hi, just to verify, you're talking about this type of star
Capture.PNG

and not this one, right?
Capture2.PNG

Thanks

about second one. There are always great infos in this threads.

sorry for my bad english

Candy Says reacted to this

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide - (private) messaging to answer your acne scars. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

@beautifulambition @Candy Says I requested that they implement a "Featured" option in the "Sort By" menu. It should look something like this:

Capture.PNG

and this should put all featured topics at the top directly below the pinned topics. So be on the lookout for that and please update me on this. Thanks.

CP
beautifulambition reacted to this

@Control Panel Do you think it would be beneficial to just pin them at the top of the board like they do in announcements sub for instance.  This way people do not have to sort them. They were featured (stars) in the interim until they were pinned (thumbtack) and we never got around to doing this because of the site re-design. I know the sort feature is not very useful for me (unless I am researching) because then I don't see the newest posts  first if I have it on a different setting (I think this is what the average user is thinking) who may not even know to sort but needs these heavily used posts. Maybe @Candy Says can can tell us more what he wants. But I know those who have requested it use it as a quasi reference guide to cover 99% of the topics / discussions (ie. scarless healing). Someone new is more likely to leave view-settings as is and simply look for new posts by being confused if something was discussed (this is why we pin important things I believe). Just thinking about it a bit. Thank you for all your effort CP! 

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide - (private) messaging to answer your acne scars. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Do you think it would be beneficial to just pin them at the top of the board like they do in announcements sub for instance.  

I think we discussed this with Dan, and he agreed that we should pin the fewest number of threads as possible. So pinned is for absolutely 100% important, and featured is for important but not critical. An exception can probably be made if one of these topics fits this criteria, but it's best not to stretch anything since other users might start arguing over what's crucial/not crucial for not pinning their topics or topics that they like. I think the "featured" feature is nice, so I think we should take advantage of it.

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Someone new is more likely to leave view-settings as is and simply look for new posts by being confused if something was discussed (this is why we pin important things I believe).

I think it's intuitive to check the "Sort By" menu for this sort of thing. It was my first reaction to see whether topics could be sorted by featured=>non-featured, so maybe it's like this for other people as well. And I imagine that, as secondary sort criteria with the "featured" option selected, they'd also be sorted by newest reply/recently updated (default view). So they wouldn't necessarily have to switch between the two repeatedly. But we'll see how this plays out when this is implemented.