Dr. Novick - bad result

Started by Nina22 Nina22

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience with Dr. Novick.
I travelled to Israel to see him, as he was so highly recommended in here, spent a lot of money for the treatment and got no visible improvement. Even worse, I'm now worried about a new scar left after the cannula entry on my right cheek bone.

The treatment I received was the 'field subcision', he only used one entry point for each cheek and 7 weeks later the points are still dark and I can see a small hole especially on my right side - I attached one detailed photo of this point and would like to know if the hole should fill with time?

Next, after the cannula field subcision I asked him to do individual subcision (in the same session) as I saw my deepest scars at front were still depressed - he individually subcised 4 deep scars on my right front cheek - ( I think the deepest pits are quite visible in my photos, especially the first and last two pics below) and 1 scar on top of my nose.. He didn't use the Nokor for these 5 scars but a mini-cannula, I didn't get any marks from that.. I could feel some popping sounds and they bruised and raised with swelling straight after, but 3 days later they were depressed again.. He used a very small amount of filler as spacer - if any, which is sad for the amount of money he charges.. I even asked him if I could come few days later for filling but he said there is no need as collagen formation takes 6 weeks to happen and he doesn't t believe in fillers to be used just for a few months lift..
Anyway 6-7 weeks later my face looks quite the same plus possibly one new scar :smileys_n_people_22: I am attaching some photos in both artficial and natural lighting, some of the worst ankles I got.. Also, I have no idea what to do next, shall I switch to Infini or some more sub? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Nina22

5 hours ago, Nina22 said:

Also, I have no idea what to do next, shall I switch to Infini or some more sub? 

I think most of us have been there at one time or another. Either way, it's a real bummer when you see only a meager improvements, if even that. Anyway, from what I can tell, here's what went wrong from the beginning. Your scars are too shallow for subcision. Subcision should be done only on deep scars, which are for the most part tethered. Subcision will cut the scar anchored to the bottom, thereby lifting up the depressed pit. On the other hand, mild to medium scars are better off with Infini or other RF devices. 

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

I simply see Nina as I told you in private messages you sent me. Not enough filler was used. You can do this by any expert injector close to you. When you do not use enough filler this is a common complaint. Novick is expensive and you pay for the name. I feel you could do better locally to yourself.

Secondly I see fat definenecy under the eye area left cheek, filler is the fix for this.

You need rf microneedling as sirius said, and resurfacing by a deep peel or erbium after. This works on all layers of your issue. When you have time and money treat. 

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide personalized-private-messaging to coach and answer your acne scar and aesthetics questions. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Thanks for the reactions,

@beautifulambition you are right about the fat deficiency in my left cheek, this is the area that was nicely filled by my local doc last year and the effect lasted for months - I thought this would be such an easy fix for Novick. I also felt how he seperated this area with cannula but he must have added a microscopic amount of filler because there was no lift at all... so, I assume now after 2 months the skin there is reattached again? - and I will need to have another cannula entry (trauma) done to my face? or do you think it can be done with the regular needle directly?
I thought Novick would help more with the other pits on my right cheek as filler applied with needle didnt seem to last there before..

do you think the small cannula entry hole (best seen in the 2nd and 3rd photo) will fill up with time? it has been there for weeks now and Im really worried because no doctor ever left me with such mark... 

I also wanted to warn the community as I almost feel like I was scammed by him.. and for the Novicks name - this is the only website where he is marketed so well that people actually decide to see him.. 

@Nina22 I kinda feel Novick was overly conservative. I think you could do better with your local Dr doing the filler. Some people do cannula filler weekly or monthly with no scars (Hollywood) so no it should not cause scarring unless you heal poorly to standard injections. This is the beauty of cannula reduced swelling and down time. But yes you can also use a standard needled to fill. They fill in diffrent ways as you know. One does threads and the other does a bleph, though you can do threads as well (standard). You can also reach many areas with one entry point with cannula.

Possibly it reattached or perhaps it was not aggressive enough with enough filler to get the fill you wanted from your past Dr. If you liked the way he did it go back to him.   Then work on the rf microneedling and resurfacing.

What I see is mainly patients think one syringe of filler is a lot and it's really not, about 1/4th of a teaspoon, cost is always a factor for filler. 
TuongNguyen97 reacted to this

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide personalized-private-messaging to coach and answer your acne scar and aesthetics questions. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

What I see is mainly patients think one syringe of filler is a lot and it's really not, about 1/4th of a teaspoon, cost is always a factor for filler. 
Except he didnt even discuss the amount of filler with me so it was not my choice..  but I surely paid enough for 4 syringes .. He basically proposed the field subcision as the best treatment for my case saying I would be happy with the results.. He tried to put me off from the individual subcisions, and even said he was 'trying to save me money here' When I asked him for a brand he was going to use he said it was unimportant as it should solely serve as a spacer ... He didn't care about leveling up my scars.. I feel  that he doesn't aim for the best for his patients and should not be so highly recommended in here..  Also, he was not very conservative when trying to treat my whole cheek with a single cannula entry, as he caused me a visible wound/ scar basically for nothing.. and I had cannula done before with no problem, so it is probably not down to being a poor healer..

I’ve seen Novick twice for nokor subcision and filler. I posted my results with some pics and wasn’t very happy with them so I’m switching to rullan