Accutane suicide thoughts help

Started by Corbyns Mom Corbyns Mom

7 posts in this topic

My son was on accutane (generic) for 6 months. The mo th after he was finished he committed suicide. He was a fun, hilarious, and loving person. Very close to
his friends and family... we never saw it
coming. I don't understand. I'm left with no answers and just would like to know if anyone here can relate. 

2 hours ago, Futureanesthesiologist said:

Honestly speaking, a facial treatment cannot cause one to kill themself unless the idea was already lingering inside of them

sorry to hear of this - but I agree with the above, accutane doesn't cause depression.  All this stigma around it is bs.

On 2018-06-24 at 1:59 PM, jPablo said:

sorry to hear of this - but I agree with the above, accutane doesn't cause depression.  All this stigma around it is bs.
I do not compleatly agree. Just as accutane dries out ur skin it also tries out your braincells... I had a psychiatrist explain it to me.

3 hours ago, Duperele said:
On 24/06/2018 at 12:59 PM, jPablo said:

I do not compleatly agree. Just as accutane dries out ur skin it also tries out your braincells... I had a psychiatrist explain it to me.
We are all going to disagree, some will say it does some Will say it doesn't.

I believe that it depends on you as a person, not the drug 

On 24-6-2018 at 11:26 AM, Futureanesthesiologist said:

Honestly speaking, a facial treatment cannot cause one to kill themself unless the idea was already lingering inside of them

I agree with this. It just seems like a skin condition but acne really can make you hopeless. And a medicine can be the last straw but not the cause. I went on accutane and everytime I wanted to end it it was because of my skin not the medicine, since I knew accutane was my only hope.

I'm so sorry for your loss but he probably had deeper rooted issues I believe. Wish you all the luck x

Accutane changed my personality after using it.  I was a happy go-lucky kinda guy and then came accutane and two failed attempts.. so yeah.  This drug can totally cause that.  So sorry for your loss..