100% TCA Peel. I am in desperate need of help

Started by Ammeo Ammeo

40 posts in this topic

Yesterday out of pure stupidity and negligence i put 100% TCA on my nose thinking this solution isnt that strong (i didnt do research unfortunately) . Now my nose is looking like this.

These are the pics taken at around 40 hrs mark after the TCA peel. Within 15 seconds of applying TCA i washed my face with baking soda water after realizing it was a mistake and then applied triple antibiotic cream. Where will this peel  wound be after a month or two and what can i expect. I live in a remote area there are no dermatologists nearby. I had ordered 100% TCA via Amazon. I am really depressed now and also angry at myself.

29003532_1610394799080779_1607428640_n (1).jpg

29004024_1610395852414007_463982797_n.jpg

29019733_1610653815721544_81535091_n.jpg

29134589_1610653835721542_1878949010_n.jpg

29138306_1610656035721322_217336526_n.jpg

Just keep it moisturised,clean,dont rub it when drying face,dont pick it,just let it peel and flake off naturaly,usualy takes around 7 days to peel but could take longer.

important not to interfere with it and let it do everything naturaly.
:)

ScarRight reacted to this

16 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Just keep it moisturised,clean,dont rub it when drying face,dont pick it,just let it peel and flake off naturaly,usualy takes around 7 days to peel but could take longer.

important not to interfere with it and let it do everything naturaly.

Thanks for the advice. It made me so depressed yesterday that i started thinking about suicide. I am a very sensitive person and this stupidity took me to another level of depression. I have locked myself in my room and havent shown my face to anyone yet. 

Looks like you applied the 100% TCA to the whole area on your nose instead of to individual scars, am I correct?  Basically you have given yourself a very deep peel so it is important, as Quadboy mentioned, to not let that area dry out at all.  I'd use an emollient like vaseline, aquaphor, or even crisco shortening (I know that sound weird to put on your skin but my doctor actually has his patient use this who just had a deep peel).  Clean the area twice-daily in order to avoid infection and keep your hands off of it unless cleansing your skin or applying an emollient.  The good news is, 100% TCA from Amazon is usually not as strong as the 100% TCA in doctor's offices but I'd guess a peel of this depth will take about 10 days for the crust to form, separate, and peel off. 

Edited by UpliftingCat

17 minutes ago, UpliftingCat said:

Looks like you applied the 100% TCA to the whole area on your nose instead of to individual scars, am I correct?  Basically you have given yourself a very deep peel so it is important, as Quadboy mentioned, to not let that area dry out at all.  I'd use an emollient like vaseline, aquaphor, or even crisco shortening (I know that sound weird to put on your skin but my doctor actually has his patient use this who just had a deep peel).  Clean the area twice-daily in order to avoid infection and keep your hands off of it unless cleansing your skin or applying an emollient.  The good news is, 100% TCA from Amazon is usually not as strong as the 100% TCA in doctor's offices but I'd guess a peel of this depth will take about 10 days for the crust to form, separate, and peel off. 

That is true. I applied it to the whole area rather than targeting a single scar. And thanks for the info regarding the 100% TCA bought from Amazon. Its ok if it takes time. I just dont want any permanent scarring to happen. I know its too early to guess the outcome. 

1 hour ago, Ammeo said:
29019733_1610653815721544_81535091_n.jpg

While Vaseline and Aquaphor would be good, try applying a raw potato (peeled, washed and finely grated)  onto the affected area. It will speed up the healing process.

If the nose stings from the burn, apply a cooking oil (olive oil, Crisco, doesn't matter) and lightly sprinkle salt over it. It will instantly stop the sting. Next time you burn your finger, remember this simple home remedy. :smileys_n_people_105:

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

39 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

While Vaseline and Aquaphor would be good, try applying a raw potato (peeled, washed and finely grated)  onto the affected area. It will speed up the healing process.

If the nose stings from the burn, apply a cooking oil (olive oil, Crisco, doesn't matter) and lightly sprinkle salt over it. It will instantly stop the sting. Next time you burn your finger, remember this simple home remedy. :smileys_n_people_105:

Thanks for the advice. There is no stinging/itching though. I will also try out the raw potato method.  Edited by Ammeo

Your skin looks great. I can't see your original scars on your nose, but the rest of your skin looks good. Allow a couple of weeks for your nose to heal, hopefully it turns out alright. QuadBoy gave some top advice. All the best and don't feel too down. 

Ammeo reacted to this

1 hour ago, ScarRight said:

Your skin looks great. I can't see your original scars on your nose, but the rest of your skin looks good. Allow a couple of weeks for your nose to heal, hopefully it turns out alright. QuadBoy gave some top advice. All the best and don't feel too down. 

My intention was to do TCA Cross for a scar on my nose but out of insanity i decided to do a skin peel with this 100% TCA as well. I dont know what i was thinking at that time. I seriously underestimated the strength of the TCA Peel. I immediately washed my face with baking soda water within 10-15 seconds after applying 100% TCA on my nose. I am not sure if that helped prevent further burn or not. There was slight stinging after that but not much.

Sound off in say a weeks time and let us know how its going,dont worry about any scabbing or flaking,this is normal and its more likely gonna be like a hard scab.its important to just keep it clean and dont rub and keep it moisturised (not tons off it) just apply moisturiser 3x daily and let your skin do the work,this way you will avoid complications and any possible damage.

Мyth and Ammeo reacted to this

10 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Sound off in say a weeks time and let us know how its going,dont worry about any scabbing or flaking,this is normal and its more likely gonna be like a hard scab.its important to just keep it clean and dont rub and keep it moisturised (not tons off it) just apply moisturiser 3x daily and let your skin do the work,this way you will avoid complications and any possible damage.

Sure, I will keep my healing process updated on this thread. Talking to you guyzz has boosted my morale a bit for which i am greatly thankful.  
Мyth and ScarRight reacted to this

Hey! I would recommend a copper peptide serum to accelerate healing. I've been using the NIOD brand copper peptide product, it's called Copper Amino Isolate Serum and it contains 2% copper peptides. I recently had a random breakout and put the tiniest bit of this serum on it and it truly amazed me how fast my breakout healed. Copper peptides have long been demonstrated to facilitate skin healing. If this is an option for you I would look into it. Just keep in mind that too much CP's or too frequent application is counterproductive.

The brand also does a 5% copper peptide serum which is formulated for use after procedures, which is basically what you have given yourself on your nose. Please keep us updated on your progress. Many people on this forum are interested in using TCA (100% or otherwise) to treat acne scarring.

Ammeo reacted to this

Also, the skin on the nose is quite resilient, much more than the cheeks, so I think you'll be okay. Maybe a bit of redness for a bit, but from the pictures, doesn't look that bad.

Ammeo reacted to this

i dont think this will left a scar but maybe it will cause a hyperpigmentation that will fade over time, just keep it moist

Ammeo and Мyth reacted to this

Thanks for your replies. This is a very depressing time for me. Not sure if i will cope with it long term. I will check out a good copper peptide serum. I am currently using raw aloe vera + Vaseline on it. Thankfully there is an aloe vera plant in my garden.

Edited by Ammeo
Мyth reacted to this

You can order or buy a concealer to hide the spot until it heals. It doesn't look like it will leave a scar. Possible PIH which will heal over time. Dont worry too much

Ammeo reacted to this

I showed my pics to a London dermatologist with all the details and this was his reply.

""

100% TCA for 10 seconds will most likely result in a second degree burn.
The wound seems a little impetiginized on the photos to the right. I suggest the following.
See a Doctor so he can start:
You need to be put on antibiotic cover (flucloxacillin 500mg qds) for a week.
I would also start with Three times daily Fucibet cream to reduce the inflammation and help with any staph colonization. Do this for three days.
Then reduce to twice a day for the rest of the week.
At all other times keep the wound moist with vaseline
I suspect there will be an initial partial thickness wound that should heal quickly as the nose heals pretty well.
Then expect there to be some Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. This can take many months to settle but further treatment for that and any scar/textural change can be ascertained after maturation of the injury. ""

I thought to share it here.

I'm not sure if Fucibet is a topical steroid, but if later on the skin starts to thicken and raise up that means that it is developing into a hypertrophic scar.  You may need steroid impregnated sheets to flatten any raised scarring.   These are like bandages but with a strong topical steroid in them that will help to prevent thickened scarring.   But the most important thing is that it must always be covered with vaseline,  stay completely out of the sun, and do not pick at the scab.

Ammeo reacted to this

These are pictures at Day 14. There is an indented scar which i think may need subcision or skin graft. It has filled in a bit though in the past 7 days. The area is very pink. I am keeping it moist with polymyxin B and bacitracin. 

day 14.jpg

Dayy 14.jpg

Edited by Ammeo

Here are the pictures from Day 18.
The color has faded a little bit and the indented Scar also seems to have filled in by 40-50% in the last 2 weeks. I am not sure where this wound is heading and it is still giving me scares from time to time. These pictures are taken right after face was washed with a gentle facewash. I have stopped using polymyxin B and currently i am using Vesaline+Natural honey. I will also be starting a Manuka honey massage  on it after 2 weeks as this is the expected shipping time for the Manuka honey to come to my place. 

Day 18.jpg

Day18.jpg

Dayy 18.jpg

Dayyy18.jpg

Edited by Ammeo

I would put skin grafts and things like that out of your mind for now.  From looking at it, you've made good progress given the circumstances.  

Ammeo reacted to this

2 hours ago, dazzed said:

I would put skin grafts and things like that out of your mind for now.  From looking at it, you've made good progress given the circumstances.  

I also think it may not need any skin graft the way it is healing. I was also told by the dermatologist that it will not need skin graft. If the indented scar doesnt fully fill in i may go the Subcision + Microneedling way cause its the  least aggressive approach. As for the pigmentation only time will tell.