How to go on with downtime of treatments

Started by Nemesis 89 Nemesis 89

26 posts in this topic

Hello to every one here.
I am like many of you friends I have acne scars I tried many treatments I also get depressed I lose part of my self confidence and...
I actually was lucky that I find doctors in my country that really know about the treatment of acne scars.
but the problem is that this doctors are not in my city but I am lucky that they are in my country.
So I have to travel to other city that I've never been there.
actually I went there and had one treatment but I still have to go 2 times to get around perfect results.
the biggest problems are 1 coming back to my own city after treatment with lots of redness and swolloing
2 find some excuse for taking of the job for 10 days (actually I use many excuses for my past treatments).
Any friend have any idea
actually I will post my pics at the end of the treatments for other friends here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just go to work,as long as theres no danger to damage your skin,just go to work and put up with it?
:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What treatments are you doing? I did RF Microneedling once, and despite the redness, I just went to work normally. Most people just put it off as an allergy or some kind of suburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your doing major stuff take sick days and tell your employer you have a surgery 3 times once per year and your willing to work after hours, nights or at home if you can.

Wear concealer over the redness, if that gives you the confidence so be it, spot treat as needed. Dermablend is one brand guys use after surgery

Do the treatment on your holiday, that will cut down the time you take off work. 

If you are in a Asian country wear a mask to cover your face.

Have the doctor use vascular laser on your when you get treated.


** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide - (private) messaging to answer your acne scars. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Just go to work,as long as theres no danger to damage your skin,just go to work and put up with it?
:)

Actually I have lot of redness and swolloing after treatment that Im sure in work every one find out that I did something with my face and I dont want my friends find out that I had acne scar treatments
11 hours ago, Raster said:

What treatments are you doing? I did RF Microneedling once, and despite the redness, I just went to work normally. Most people just put it off as an allergy or some kind of suburn.

I had combination therapy.
Rf or microneedling or laser or subsicion.
I also find another doctor in another city that I see his patients which got around 80% improvement with one session 
I will go one more session for combination therapy and one session to that doctor in other city to finish my scar journey.
unfortunatly my treatments gives sever redness and swolloing that its impossible that I can relate it to allergy my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If your doing major stuff take sick days and tell your employer you have a surgery 3 times once per year and your willing to work after hours, nights or at home if you can.

Wear concealer over the redness, if that gives you the confidence so be it, spot treat as needed. Dermablend is one brand guys use after surgery

Do the treatment on your holiday, that will cut down the time you take off work. 

If you are in a Asian country wear a mask to cover your face.

Have the doctor use vascular laser on your when you get treated.

You know friend I should tell them that I have cancer 
I also have use some cream after treatment for a few days so I cant use concealer
mask is good idea I did it but you know all of these just I m sure in my job they will ask me that what happened to your face 
another big problem is to convince my family to come with me to other city for my treatment so I got less stress of being alone in another city with inflame face
you see my friend I have many problems for any session of my treatment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2018 at 11:59 PM, Nemesis 89 said:
You know friend I should tell them that I have cancer 
That's ridiculous 

If they ask, which they won't tell them you are getting skin treatment.

If they notice, who cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jPablo said:
That's ridiculous 

If they ask, which they won't tell them you are getting skin treatment.

If they notice, who cares.
I know that I should be strong and dont care but unfortunatly I cant.
All these years I pretend to others that my scars is not important for me and these pretending helps me that no one ask me about my scars and...
Now If I reveal that I have treatment I lose everything and anybody find out that I pretended all these years and their questions about my scars and... starts forever and thats bother me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nemesis 89 said:
I know that I should be strong and dont care but unfortunatly I cant.
All these years I pretend to others that my scars is not important for me and these pretending helps me that no one ask me about my scars and...
Now If I reveal that I have treatment I lose everything and anybody find out that I pretended all these years and their questions about my scars and... starts forever and thats bother me

I'm on accutane, and I talk to my work colleagues about it. They all know I have acne and sympathise. It makes things much easier and stops any staring etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honesty makes the awkwardness easier.  I know it's much easier said then done, but hiding and lying will only magnify the rumors and gossip.   Good people won't give you a hard time about it.  Assholes will talk about you regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jPablo said:

I'm on accutane, and I talk to my work colleagues about it. They all know I have acne and sympathise. It makes things much easier and stops any staring etc. 
You are strong
I cant do that
these acne and scars made me a weak person.
unfortunatly no one of my colleagues have scars and etc.
you know talking about a problem that only you have is harder.
acne and scars also made people think that you are still a child
it s really bad feeling
I usually avoid eating sweets and sugar and many delicious food to dont have acne but I still have acne and my friends eat everything and they have clear skin 
oh god this is not fair
52 minutes ago, dazzed said:

Honesty makes the awkwardness easier.  I know it's much easier said then done, but hiding and lying will only magnify the rumors and gossip.   Good people won't give you a hard time about it.  Assholes will talk about you regardless. 

I tried to be honest a few years ago and talk about acne and scars with my friend and I should be honest they never say anything to bother me but I am now in a condition that even talk about my scars and acne even positive talks makes me sad
my only hope is to go 2 or 3 sessions of treatment and get scars fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry friends did anyone have ever traveled alone to another city to treat acne scars ?
I know it seems ridiculuos but its important for me to how manage my travel with swollen and red face in airplane and in another city that I dont know any body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can be frustrating. In order to have the money to pay for a treatment, you need a job and don't have time to do it. If you have no job, you have the time but not the money.

I usually take a couple days off work, scheduled around a weekend. After about a week things begin to settle down,and I can use make up if I have to.


“Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nemesis 89 said:

Sorry friends did anyone have ever traveled alone to another city to treat acne scars ?
I know it seems ridiculuos but its important for me to how manage my travel with swollen and red face in airplane and in another city that I dont know any body


Oh, c'mon quit your whining. What's worse, 1 or 2?

1) Living with your scars for the rest of your life and feeling depressed and even suicidal.
2) Get a proper treatment. Then go through the next 2 weeks with swelling and redness. Live the rest of your life with, hopefully, less scar.

The answer should be a no-brainer. 

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nemesis 89 said:

Sorry friends did anyone have ever traveled alone to another city to treat acne scars ?
I know it seems ridiculuos but its important for me to how manage my travel with swollen and red face in airplane and in another city that I dont know any body

Yes i fly from toronto to San diego (5hrs) Dr Rullan to get my scars treated. I use tinted sunscreen to cover the redness, it works really well. I stay overnight on the day of the treatment. where do u travel to and from? and who is your doc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would use concealer for the redness. It works wonders. I hardly leave the house without it (not for redness but for my undereye circles.)

Additionally, look into products you can use after the procedure that calm inflammation. Ingredients like aloe, centella asiatica, green tea, allantoin, and colloidal oatmeal help a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

It can be frustrating. In order to have the money to pay for a treatment, you need a job and don't have time to do it. If you have no job, you have the time but not the money.

I usually take a couple days off work, scheduled around a weekend. After about a week things begin to settle down,and I can use make up if I have to.

Actually I think I can manage treatment price with take a week off but I take off before and I fear if they fire me from the job or give part of my job to others.
I know it seems strange but I find a dermatologist who treat acne scars with laser and make really big change in scars but this doctor is to far i have to travel with plane around 1 or maybe 2 hours.
You know going there is easy coming back home with red face and mask and etc is the problem.
I fear in the airport police think I am terrorist or something...
10 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Oh, c'mon quit your whining. What's worse, 1 or 2?

1) Living with your scars for the rest of your life and feeling depressed and even suicidal.
2) Get a proper treatment. Then go through the next 2 weeks with swelling and redness. Live the rest of your life with, hopefully, less scar.

The answer should be a no-brainer. 
Yes you are compeletly true 
going through this temporary pain will release me a lot
I should have courage to do this
10 hours ago, keving100 said:
14 hours ago, Nemesis 89 said:

Sorry friends did anyone have ever traveled alone to another city to treat acne scars ?
I know it seems ridiculuos but its important for me to how manage my travel with swollen and red face in airplane and in another city that I dont know any body

Yes i fly from toronto to San diego (5hrs) Dr Rullan to get my scars treated. I use tinted sunscreen to cover the redness, it works really well. I stay overnight on the day of the treatment. where do u travel to and from? and who is your doc?
Sorry but after the treatment you didnt have any bad feeling of maybe people looking at you in hotel or airplane or say sonething about your face ?
how did you manage this bad feeling please tell me 
thanks
9 hours ago, labellavita1985 said:

I would use concealer for the redness. It works wonders. I hardly leave the house without it (not for redness but for my undereye circles.)

Additionally, look into products you can use after the procedure that calm inflammation. Ingredients like aloe, centella asiatica, green tea, allantoin, and colloidal oatmeal help a lot!

Thanks but the products you mentioned needs few days to settle down redness and etc
And I am sure doctor will tell me that I should use some special creams after laser and I cant use concealer immediatly after laser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello friends...
At the end I decide to travel to another city to see a doctor and I did it...
I m somehow shy and its really hard for me to do this but I do the job
its really painfull and after treatment my face was bloody 
its really hard to go back to hotel with that bloody face in unknown city and the bigger problem is to go to the airport and go on airplane with that bloody face...
oh... I even cant imagine again that hard hours that every body looking at me... .
however finally I come home and I hope the results will worth the money and  time and hard job that I did...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nemesis 89 said:

Hello friends...
At the end I decide to travel to another city to see a doctor and I did it...
I m somehow shy and its really hard for me to do this but I do the job
its really painfull and after treatment my face was bloody 
its really hard to go back to hotel with that bloody face in unknown city and the bigger problem is to go to the airport and go on airplane with that bloody face...
oh... I even cant imagine again that hard hours that every body looking at me... .
however finally I come home and I hope the results will worth the money and  time and hard job that I did...

Where do you live? Are there no good derms or surgeons that is driving distance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AcnePwns said:
19 hours ago, Nemesis 89 said:

Hello friends...
At the end I decide to travel to another city to see a doctor and I did it...
I m somehow shy and its really hard for me to do this but I do the job
its really painfull and after treatment my face was bloody 
its really hard to go back to hotel with that bloody face in unknown city and the bigger problem is to go to the airport and go on airplane with that bloody face...
oh... I even cant imagine again that hard hours that every body looking at me... .
however finally I come home and I hope the results will worth the money and  time and hard job that I did...

Where do you live? Are there no good derms or surgeons that is driving distance?
No there is no good derm in my city and I traveled to another city in Turkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ScarRight said:

What treatment did you get? Keep up updated and best of luck. 

I did co2 Laser.
actually I did laser before with no results but I hope this time it works...
I will say about results after my redness gone
ScarRight reacted to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent the last three months with a very red/swollen/scabby nose tip due to the several different treatments for one particularly bothersome scar.

Yes, it's awful, but I rather (and actually have to) go to work still. Social ocassions have been very limited as I don't feel comfortable enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 3:34 AM, abraxas21 said:

I've spent the last three months with a very red/swollen/scabby nose tip due to the several different treatments for one particularly bothersome scar.

Yes, it's awful, but I rather (and actually have to) go to work still. Social ocassions have been very limited as I don't feel comfortable enough.

Actually you are lucky that the scar is only on your nose...
imagine that scars are all over your face and after treatment your whole face become bloody and red for months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends maybe this seems to be very strange but the girl which I love left me because of my long downtime after treatment...
actually I dont have the courage to tell any body about my treatment of acne scars and now after I lose the girl I loved I m about month out of work because my face is still very red...
but at least the good thing is that my swollening gone and some of my scars gone and deep ones improved more than 50% .
I am sure just one more treatment session will improved my scars around 90% or so and I can be at the place which I want
but still convince my family to come with me and take another long vacation and go to hotel and come back and manage my self at the airport and airplane with bloody face is my future challenge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign In / Sign Up