Legit topical tretinoin

Started by eva_li eva_li

3 posts in this topic

(I searched for this before starting this topic but didnt find the right answer)

So I wanna start using topical tretinoin to tackle my textural problems before starting medium/deep peels later this year. But Retin-A is not available in Europe.

Sure, we have prescription topical tretinoin creams, there is one I could get (doctors in family). However the mildest is 0.05% strenghth. I was thinking I better start with 0.025% = safer?
The other ingredients in this cream are: alcohol, macrogol 600, vitamin E, butylhydroxytoluene, butylhydroxyanisole, liquid paraffin, hydroxyricinomacrogol, carbomer, sorbic acid, methylparaben, aroma, trolamine, purified water.
It is marketed as an acne treatment, not anti-aging/scar treatment. Therefore I am worried whether it won't be too drying for my skin due to the other ingredients but I'm not so good yet at identifying what different ingredients do. I just googled alcohol is not part of Retin-A but in this one it obviously is.

Else, I started looking into alternatives on the internets. 
A topical that seems to be a prescription med almost everywhere in the world and here I can buy it online for a few bucks? Hmmm, huge red flag. What do you guys think?

Are there any legit tretinoin products I can get online? Or I better get the one that's available here, even if it is stronger than I would prefer for the start?

This can be bought on Ebay. Lots of Tretinorin gel and cream there. Differin is sold Over the Counter. I am sure you could have it shipped to you by Amazon Canada / UK or whatever.

If you can get   0.05% strength by a family friend, do that. That is fine. Just use moisturizer to make it less if you need 50/50 disillusion. Does not matter that it's marketed as a acne treatment. 

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide - (private) messaging to answer your acne scars. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If you can get   0.05% strength by a family friend, do that. That is fine. Just use moisturizer to make it less if you need 50/50 disillusion. Does not matter that it's marketed as a acne treatment. 

This is a good idea if you can only get .05%.  Avita and Renova are other brands that tretinoin is sold under in some parts of Europe.  Don't forget the sunscreen. : )