Scarred Pores on Nose Joining Together...at a loss

Started by witsend30 witsend30

19 posts in this topic

i've been battling moderate acne since high school, and from that, my nose and t-zone are very scarred with enlarged / dilated pores. until recently this wasn't that big of a deal, as i've gotten over the appearance of them over the years.

however, in the last week two of the enlarged pores on my nose tip joined together to form a mega, deep pore, and it's been very distressing to the point that i haven't felt this low since my my early 20s when my face used to be horrible. what's even more distressing is that i'm afraid that the other pores will do the same, and join together, as i get older and they keep getting more dilated.

the most demotivating is that i keep a very strict routine of oil cleansing + retin-a (every other night) / finacea + vitamin c + moisturizer + sunscreen. and it took me years to find a routine that doesn't break me out.

i have an appointment with my primary doctor this week to get a rx for antidepressants and a referral to a derm. and i have asked beautifulambition for his opinion and he said fully ablative erbium, punch excision, needling, are all potential options. i've been spending the last several days researching the heck out of all of those options, and i'm not swayed by the results i've seen, in fact they're scarring me off and making me feel more discouraged. 

i wanted to post it here to get a few more opinions. i'm located in Vancouver so if anyone knows of acne scar specialists here i'm open. my search is only turning up a Dr. Moon Choi, who seems to be against ablative lasers (going by his website). i have family in LA, and can travel to Korea as well if there is an expert. 


i'm very depressed, especially given this area of the face is tricky. but please, any suggestions and opinions are welcome. please note i'm not looking to achieve perfect skin or even anything close, i just want to re-separate the pores, and prevent other pores from joining..

(in the picture below, the joined pore is the big one in the middle.)

20180307_173010.jpg

Edited by witsend30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, witsend30 said:

i'm very depressed, especially given this area of the face is tricky. but please, any suggestions and opinions are welcome. please note i'm not looking to achieve perfect skin or even anything close, i just want to re-separate the pores, and prevent other pores from joining..


I've been told that CO2 laser using high fluence with low density settings is good for both enlarged pores and Asian skin. Good luck.

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get any results please update any information I have same problem with my nose I'm going to take co2 laser 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Altaf raja said:

Did you get any results please update any information I have same problem with my nose I'm going to take co2 laser 



Hello
Please re-consider doing the CO2 laser. I have been doing a lot of research, and fully ablative lasers are not recommended for pores because pores are shaped like flasks, and lasers will exfoliate the top skin away and reveal the bigger bottom. 

Seems like TCA Cross is the way to go, but it's difficult to find professionals who will perform them on pores. Davin Lim is one, but I have not seen him post post-results strictly from TCA Cross on nose pores.
 

See the pores are larger after ablation (dermabrasion or laser)

Why Dermabrasion?

At the point of time based on my limited online research, Fraxel Repair was touted to be the ultimate gold standard for acne scarring treatment. I was quite disheartened because I do not see significant results from the 2session I had. Not to mention, the treatments were very expensive, very painful, with very long downtime.

I scouted online for better treatments and came across dermabrasion. Dermabrasion uses a wire brush or a diamond wheel with rough edges (called a burr or fraise) to remove the upper layers of the skin. The brush or burr spins quickly, taking off and leveling (abrading or planing) the top layers of the skin. This process injures or wounds the skin and causes it to bleed. As the wound heals, new skin grows to replace the damaged skin.

dermabrasion singapore.JPG

It is touted to be the most invasive (and to my uneducated mind – hence most effective treatment) and that got me really interested.

 

 

MIXED RESULTS

Let’s start with the area with the best results:
dermabrasion-cheek.jpg

My cheeks’ relatively shallow box scars improved by leaps and bounds!

dermabrasion forehead

I feel that my forehead’s rolling scars worsen – the pores are bigger and the newly grown skin seems quite ‘waxy’ and saggy. I feel that dermabrasion has thinned my skin so much that early wrinkles are etching. I am not even 30 years old yet!

dermabrasion-nose.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE GIGANTIC PITS AT MY NOSE. Mind you, the left picture is before dermabrasion, the right picture is AFTER.

dermabrasion-nose-2.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF THE GIGANTIC PITS.

I paid close to 4000 sgd for the dermabrasion, flied specially to Thailand for a week, endured super painful thick needles poking through my entire face for full face local anesthetic, holed up at home for 2 months to hide and care tediously of my raw, bloody face (I did not dare to take picture of myself them. It looks something like below – raw bloody skinless face.)

dermabrasion.JPG

I noticed the super large new holes on my nose straight after the surgery and told the doctor. He told me just wait for my skin to heal and the scarring will 100% be better than before. I believed him and fly back to Singapore. When I emailed his clinics my devastating nose scarring outcomes, his nurse just gave me some flippant replies in bad English about how they could not guarantee results, blah, blah.

I feel so angry just writing about this again.

Lesson: Do not your skin treatments overseas. It is hard to hold the overseas doctors responsible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Obi wan Can you take a look at this post and comment.

In General: We are advising you to get several TCA Cross to raise the scarred pore and doing ... not to just ablate the area as you see with dermabrasion or fully ablative resurfacing. You have a problem here in the above dermabrasion example. They did not go deep enough to ablate under the scars. You must do a few ablation like procedures (fully ablative erbium or CO2 or the old anad unpredictable dermabrasion) to do this. If you don't go deep enough you have open pores and no pre - work has been done to fix the pores before resurfacing. IF you look at the below picture what if the icepick goes to deep dermis and they resurface, you cannot take off all the skin without fixing the deficit. 

You have to fix the defect before you resurface. Icepicks or large pores can be very deep and thus just resurfacing does not work without addressing the pit (cross or punch excision).

If we ablate off to the papillary dermis, the dent still goes down to the reticular and now looks larger. Many Drs pull this with scar revision, they ablate and never fix the scars depth / volume, ... hence why starting with lasers is bad. Also if you heal poorly you can make your scars worse with harsh ablation which should only be a last (after other procedures tailored for your scars) in the grand scheme of things if other gentler methods of correction don't work first (this way less harm is done and less is collateral damage). If it's not broken don't fix it. Many complain about pores but are doing this to themselves, they constant peel and exfoliate, and the skin is angry and upset. Also they are over- producing too much sebum keeping the pores looking bigger. Hydro facials help and rebuilding the acid mantel by stopping other treatments, scrubs, etc.
 

Ice Pick Scars Removal Treatment Gainesville Florida

 


** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, here it goes- if one looks at the (picture) histology of pores, you can see they are FLASK shaped. This means the opening is large, then as you go deeper, the opening enlarges, and at the end it narrows. This is not my say, but what is proven in histological studies. There are a few white papers that illustrate the need to go beyond these enlargements with fully ablative laser in order to get the best results. Now, the nose is very porous - and it is very very forgiving when it comes to lasers (AKA Rhinophyma treatments). Now, if you see many good dermatologist (old school laser derms . You need to laser UNDER the pores. You have a problem, but the solution is very easy, just TCA to raise the deepest scars, then laser beyond the deepest scars. Job done. The end. I wish you well

beautifulambition reacted to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, witsend30 said:


Hello
Please re-consider doing the CO2 laser. I have been doing a lot of research, and fully ablative lasers are not recommended for pores because pores are shaped like flasks, and lasers will exfoliate the top skin away and reveal the bigger bottom. 

Seems like TCA Cross is the way to go, but it's difficult to find professionals who will perform them on pores. Davin Lim is one, but I have not seen him post post-results strictly from TCA Cross on nose pores.
 

See the pores are larger after ablation (dermabrasion or laser)

Why Dermabrasion?

At the point of time based on my limited online research, Fraxel Repair was touted to be the ultimate gold standard for acne scarring treatment. I was quite disheartened because I do not see significant results from the 2session I had. Not to mention, the treatments were very expensive, very painful, with very long downtime.

I scouted online for better treatments and came across dermabrasion. Dermabrasion uses a wire brush or a diamond wheel with rough edges (called a burr or fraise) to remove the upper layers of the skin. The brush or burr spins quickly, taking off and leveling (abrading or planing) the top layers of the skin. This process injures or wounds the skin and causes it to bleed. As the wound heals, new skin grows to replace the damaged skin.

dermabrasion singapore.JPG

It is touted to be the most invasive (and to my uneducated mind – hence most effective treatment) and that got me really interested.

 

 

MIXED RESULTS

Let’s start with the area with the best results:
dermabrasion-cheek.jpg

My cheeks’ relatively shallow box scars improved by leaps and bounds!

dermabrasion forehead

I feel that my forehead’s rolling scars worsen – the pores are bigger and the newly grown skin seems quite ‘waxy’ and saggy. I feel that dermabrasion has thinned my skin so much that early wrinkles are etching. I am not even 30 years old yet!

dermabrasion-nose.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE GIGANTIC PITS AT MY NOSE. Mind you, the left picture is before dermabrasion, the right picture is AFTER.

dermabrasion-nose-2.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF THE GIGANTIC PITS.

I paid close to 4000 sgd for the dermabrasion, flied specially to Thailand for a week, endured super painful thick needles poking through my entire face for full face local anesthetic, holed up at home for 2 months to hide and care tediously of my raw, bloody face (I did not dare to take picture of myself them. It looks something like below – raw bloody skinless face.)

dermabrasion.JPG

I noticed the super large new holes on my nose straight after the surgery and told the doctor. He told me just wait for my skin to heal and the scarring will 100% be better than before. I believed him and fly back to Singapore. When I emailed his clinics my devastating nose scarring outcomes, his nurse just gave me some flippant replies in bad English about how they could not guarantee results, blah, blah.

I feel so angry just writing about this again.

Lesson: Do not your skin treatments overseas. It is hard to hold the overseas doctors responsible. 

Hello brother I showed your pictures I think lasers are very bed for nose area according to your pictures I also seen many other pictures they said laser make my skin worse stay update here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 12:55 AM, Obi wan said:

Ok, here it goes- if one looks at the (picture) histology of pores, you can see they are FLASK shaped. This means the opening is large, then as you go deeper, the opening enlarges, and at the end it narrows. This is not my say, but what is proven in histological studies. There are a few white papers that illustrate the need to go beyond these enlargements with fully ablative laser in order to get the best results. Now, the nose is very porous - and it is very very forgiving when it comes to lasers (AKA Rhinophyma treatments). Now, if you see many good dermatologist (old school laser derms . You need to laser UNDER the pores. You have a problem, but the solution is very easy, just TCA to raise the deepest scars, then laser beyond the deepest scars. Job done. The end. I wish you well


I dont think it is as easy as you say. The nose may be forgiving, but it is also very very porous, as in the pores are close to each other, making it difficult to perform TCA Cross on them as it runs risk of connecting multiple pores. 

I've done a comprehensive search on the internet, and the three TCA Cross experts who perform the procedure on nose pores (Dr. Lim, Dr. Emer, and Dr. Novick). Now Dr. Lim and Emer have both posted plenty on Facebook and Instagram of the procedure taking place, but neither have posted results from said procedures. (I'm speaking strictly of nose pore TCA procedures.) While Nelson does not post any pictures at all. It makes me skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Please note none of the above you posted about dermabrasion had tca cross to lift the pores / scars before anything was done. No one is recommending dermabrasion here. It's like were not even talking about the same thing. Your discussing someone who just has laser or a completely unrelated (different) procedure of dermabarsion. If I don't fix the potholes in the road first and I just pour the pavement. What happens. The potholes will show. No one did the proper work to level things. 


Since your stalking Lim, etc... There are videos of nose procedures, I am not going to do all the work for you search on his various forms of social media. Novick does not need videos he is famous, if you don't goto him someone else will. He does not even use lasers. Finally Emer is a hack (ruined several peoples faces and doing mega sessions of multiple things - we don't heal like that , don't Fall for that Hollywood snow job), ... stay away. Icepicks and large pores in the grand scheme of things are nothing with people suffering from very bad acne scars, most of the time they are caused by over treatment (you have people exfoliating non top and using harsh acids - all about the PH) and damage of the acid barrier / epidermis.

You rotate the tca cross so they don't connect (cross is a multi procedure experience not one and done)! The scars will get wider but the floor raises, yes they will "look' like they are more prominent and open, your raising again the floor of the scar to resurface something more shallow.

** if you heal right. If you don't all bets are off. We have some people with auto immune etc. Dr's frequently don't go deep enough and get underr the scar with laser, you cannot do this until you do the work to lift the scar with cross.

The nose is made not of skin but cartilage, large amount of sebum are often produced. Fraxel is used for large pores after the above is done. Nothing will be 100% perfect

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, witsend30 said:

JUST LOOK AT THE GIGANTIC PITS AT MY NOSE. Mind you, the left picture is before dermabrasion, the right picture is AFTER.


Are we talking about dermabrasion or about TCA cross? The above pictures are from dermabrasion, which clearly is very different from TCA cross. That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, it seems that people have very strange idea that using TCA cross will automatically fill the icepick altogether. That's not how it usually works. Normally, the icepick turns into a boxcar. Then the boxcar morphs into a rolling scar.

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Are we talking about dermabrasion or about TCA cross? The above pictures are from dermabrasion, which clearly is very different from TCA cross. That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, it seems that people have very strange idea that using TCA cross will automatically fill the icepick altogether. That's not how it usually works. Normally, the icepick turns into a boxcar. Then the boxcar morphs into a rolling scar.

The OP posted about the CO2 laser, and I responded with an article about Dermabrasion to illustrate the possibility that ablating or removing the top layer of your skin may actually the condition worse by revealing the wider part of pores below. I also brought up that TCA Cross may be the best option, but that finding an expert is difficult, as it's difficult to find good before & afters online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, witsend30 said:

The OP posted about the CO2 laser, and I responded with an article about Dermabrasion to illustrate the possibility that ablating or removing the top layer of your skin may actually the condition worse by revealing the wider part of pores below. I also brought up that TCA Cross may be the best option, but that finding an expert is difficult, as it's difficult to find good before & afters online.


See link below of Dr Lim treating nose pores with TCA and then fully ablative laser. From my research this seems to be the GOLD 
standard. (You will need to search for part 2 of video)
 


You mention maybe flying internationally from Canada to USA. If you’re willing to travel overseas, plz go straight to Dr Lim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeepAdder said:

Part 2 of video 
 


Hey, thanks for posting this. This is actually exactly what I'm talking about, that there are no pictures or videos of the results. Have you been able to find any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, witsend30 said:

Hey, thanks for posting this. This is actually exactly what I'm talking about, that there are no pictures or videos of the results. Have you been able to find any?

I’m not aware of any after for this specific treatment he did. 

but if you go onto 

https://www.lasersandlifts.com.au/treatments-i-do/tca-cross-chemical-peels/

Look through the pictures in this link. You can see nose pores. The 5th and 6th one.


Obviously improvements would vary from patient to patient.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 3:32 AM, beautifulambition said:

* Please note none of the above you posted about dermabrasion had tca cross to lift the pores / scars before anything was done. No one is recommending dermabrasion here. It's like were not even talking about the same thing. Your discussing someone who just has laser or a completely unrelated (different) procedure of dermabarsion. If I don't fix the potholes in the road first and I just pour the pavement. What happens. The potholes will show. No one did the proper work to level things. 


Since your stalking Lim, etc... There are videos of nose procedures, I am not going to do all the work for you search on his various forms of social media. Novick does not need videos he is famous, if you don't goto him someone else will. He does not even use lasers. Finally Emer is a hack (ruined several peoples faces and doing mega sessions of multiple things - we don't heal like that , don't Fall for that Hollywood snow job), ... stay away. Icepicks and large pores in the grand scheme of things are nothing with people suffering from very bad acne scars, most of the time they are caused by over treatment (you have people exfoliating non top and using harsh acids - all about the PH) and damage of the acid barrier / epidermis.

You rotate the tca cross so they don't connect (cross is a multi procedure experience not one and done)! The scars will get wider but the floor raises, yes they will "look' like they are more prominent and open, your raising again the floor of the scar to resurface something more shallow.

** if you heal right. If you don't all bets are off. We have some people with auto immune etc. Dr's frequently don't go deep enough and get underr the scar with laser, you cannot do this until you do the work to lift the scar with cross.

The nose is made not of skin but cartilage, large amount of sebum are often produced. Fraxel is used for large pores after the above is done. Nothing will be 100% perfect
On 5/15/2018 at 3:55 AM, Obi wan said:

Ok, here it goes- if one looks at the (picture) histology of pores, you can see they are FLASK shaped. This means the opening is large, then as you go deeper, the opening enlarges, and at the end it narrows. This is not my say, but what is proven in histological studies. There are a few white papers that illustrate the need to go beyond these enlargements with fully ablative laser in order to get the best results. Now, the nose is very porous - and it is very very forgiving when it comes to lasers (AKA Rhinophyma treatments). Now, if you see many good dermatologist (old school laser derms . You need to laser UNDER the pores. You have a problem, but the solution is very easy, just TCA to raise the deepest scars, then laser beyond the deepest scars. Job done. The end. I wish you well

TCA Cross Nose pores

 
Anybody have any knowledge on whether a nose pore can be ‘too small’ to be ideal for TCA Cross treatment ? 
 
Also any info on whether blackhead extraction needs to be done prior to treatment ? I believe I read this is not Necessary if the pit/pore is still enlarged enough for TCA Cross to be placed in. i.e leave l blackhead if it’s deep and TCA will fitt inside the pore 
 
 
Lastly when ppl say it’s very important not to hit the ‘walls’ ‘edges’ of the scar only the ‘base floor’ 
 
When using the needle droplet method like Dr Lim. I would imagine TCA Cross does in fact hit the edges ? Even looks like it in his videos ? 
 
Many thanks 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DeepAdder said:

I’m not aware of any after for this specific treatment he did. 

but if you go onto 

https://www.lasersandlifts.com.au/treatments-i-do/tca-cross-chemical-peels/

Look through the pictures in this link. You can see nose pores. The 5th and 6th one.


Obviously improvements would vary from patient to patient.   

The main one looks likes a long ice pick scar, although I do see a few enlarged pores around it. I am still a little skeptical because the results look almost too good to be true. Anyone else want to chime in?

icepick2.JPG

icepick.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Icepicks can be some of the easiest scars to treat. Most doctors do TCA Cross and most derms are laser Drs.

You will need several procedures, you will have redness after, they can widen (but this is taken care of with resurfacing), it depends on your bodies ability to heal.

Some of the people who freak out over this have one little scar / icepick / chickenpox/ boxcar or they over treat their face with exfoliants, treatments, acids and wonder why they have large pores.

The treatments done are not magic and will not fix everyone. Your only other choice is to do nothing. There is risk with anything done, ... if it's not broken then don't fix it.

TCA cross is one option and the other for only a few small scars is punch excision then resurfacing.

Now the confusion I have seen with some of the posters privately contacting me  (some with one to a few scars), they do not have deep icepick scars but boxcars, chickenpox scars, or the wrong scar type. Hence it will widen before resurfacing is done. Secondly the comment on not treating the walls of a icepick is silly as Dr. Lim will laser them and resurface, ... he is a expert, ... are you posters attempting a medical procedure on yourself? Yes if that is the case you can screw up the face.

Dr. Lim is saying if you have the right scar type for Cross it's unusual for them to widen (Under His Care!). Do you have the right scar type. Contact him and find out.

Boxscar widen with TCA Cross. Period! Then you must resurface. You do not have a deep tiny diameter icepick if you have a boxcar.

 If you want to avoid widening as is the big topic here you do not treat the walls. Treating the walls widens them. This is basic stuff. It depends on scar type and application. Some want the walls widened, .... say you have a pit and want it softened with the surrounding skin.
 

 1st TCA Cross, 4 weeks post-op. My scar is 20% worse, please advise.

I have a narrow boxcar scar/ ice pick. Post 4 weeks 1st TCA 75% treatment performed by professional. scar has widened n deepened by about 20% (more visible).if this is correct. How should I proceed ? I’m guessing wait at least 8 weeks before even considering a 2nd treatment. If still slightly worse at 8weeks can I try a 2nd treatment or leave alone ? As it’s slightly worsen post 4 weeks am I very unlikely to receive a successful result in the end. Many many thanks :(

 

Answers (2) 

 

Pre and post op photos.

 1 

This would be very unusual given your description. For deep ice pick scars, the use of TCA CROSS has almost zero risk of widening the scar, providing the surrounding skin was not treated. Highly unusual for this to occur! If you could post some before and afters, including the concentration used, and the photos post op, this can guide us to the mystery of why this happened. Broad scars such as chicken pox or saucer shaped scars can WORSEN with TCA, but ice pick scar

 ... very usual indeed.
 

Acne scar revision is a sub-specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments and not just one device. The web reference below will take you to a resource to help you understand acne scar revision at a specialist level. I embedded all the videos in one page to help. 

For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgical techniques such as subcision. Other surgical techniques that we use include punch elevation, surgical elevation, punch excision and traditional excision of focal scars. 

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars. In the majority of patients its finding the correct combination that give you best results, and everyone is unique! All the best, 

Dr Davin Lim. Acne scar dermatologist specialist. Brisbane, Australia.

 SHOW LESS
2764084277001_4150525564001_acne-640.jpg

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many ways to perform TCA CROSS, yes many acne scar specialist do many techniques, including toothpick for 100% but also the 'paint technique ' with a lower concentration for shallow scars- seen this in his videos.  TCA is self neutralising, and depends on many factors including pre-peel prep, acetone scrub, concentration, aqueous vs ETOH base, multilayer or coats, and of course patient factors, including skin colour, Ethnicity, type of scar, depth of scar and location. For example, the nose is MUCH more forgiving than the apple or the convexity of the cheek. I don't think there is a 'textbook formula', the technique is based upon so many variables. As BA has suggested, things can go drastically wrong if the WRONG type of scar is treated- if one goes to real self and see all the disasters, there is one common variable- treating broad scars like chickenpox scars and saucer scars or broad box car scars with high concentration seems to make scars worse. Stay safe....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign In / Sign Up