What birth control worked for you?

Started by plphil4 plphil4

2 posts in this topic

Ladies! I am curious to know which birth control helped with your acne if it is something you have tried. I was on Loryna (generic for Yaz) for the last 9 years for my acne and I had trouble getting my prescription refilled so I stopped taking it in February 2017. While on Loryna, I had beautiful skin! You couldn't even tell I ever had acne. After getting off the pill, by July I had full blown cystic acne. My OBGYN put my on generic Loestrin 1/20 in October 2017 because I was getting migraines from the Loryna. I am also using Differing gel and on minocycline 100 mg twice daily. I would gladly trade take the clear skin and deal with migraines.. I haven't seen much improvement from the Loestrin, I mean my face isn't as bumpy as it was but I am still getting cysts and I have taken 3 packs already. I'm curious if I should switch back to the Loryna (which I was worried about because of all the hype about Yaz being dangerous, but I was also on it for 9 years with no problems..) or stick it out on the Loestrin or if there is another pill that might be better for me. Thanks for sharing any of your experiences! :) 

Edited by plphil4
left something out

Just wondering if you stuck with Loestrin? My daughter was prescribed this BC in February. Just starting her 2 pill pack. She is experiencing a pretty nasty breakout. My heart is just breaking for her. Did you continue to clear up or did you switch?