Reitz13

This device is safe?

8 posts in this topic

I used dermaroller for a straight year at first I felt an improvement in the skin but over time I was noticing a worsening in texture and scars. In the last session I was very aggressive with 1.5 mm and seems to have got worse. I am a year without using any invasive treatment and I want to start using this device in conjunction with 15% TCA. I would like to know if it is safe to use in the size of 1.00 mm. I have some indentation, boxscars, ice spick and rolling is mild and are located on the cheeks.

DRS-Derma-Stamp.jpg

Yes, a dermastamp at 1mm is definitely safe to use on your face, much safer than a 1.5mm dermaroller. If you're planning to use it in conjunction with TCA be sure to space them at least two weeks apart from each other to prevent any irritation or additional scarring.

Edited by ailaeshiz
1 person likes this

I would go a month in between tca peels or cross and dermastamping (Collagen takes 3 months to develop after procedures, don't rush it). Yes rolling is old tech, causes microtearing, stamps do not. Also make sure after a few uses you replace as the needed will bend/dull and damage skin. I personally like the derminator (put .com after) more than stamps, I get NOTHING from them and I purchased myself. It's just made well, can do multiple lengths, easily cleanable, etc... It's as professional as a Dr's office, but a manual stamp is cheap ;-P 

1 person likes this

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

On 04/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, beautifulambition said:

I would go a month in between tca peels or cross and dermastamping (Collagen takes 3 months to develop after procedures, don't rush it). Yes rolling is old tech, causes microtearing, stamps do not. Also make sure after a few uses you replace as the needed will bend/dull and damage skin. I personally like the derminator (put .com after) more than stamps, I get NOTHING from them and I purchased myself. It's just made well, can do multiple lengths, easily cleanable, etc... It's as professional as a Dr's office, but a manual stamp is cheap ;-P 

thanks!  I have more questions :

1- How to stamp correctly?
2- Can I do a patch test in my leg (tca) ?
3 - Can the salicylic acid peel 30% replace the tca peel?

Derminator is my dream microneedling
but can't I buy here in my country
is too expensive.

A patch test on your leg isn't going to reflect how it will react on your face. And no, salicylic acid cannot replace a TCA peel. They affect different parts of the skin and both can seriously burn you at that solution if not applied correctly.

3 hours ago, ailaeshiz said:

A patch test on your leg isn't going to reflect how it will react on your face. And no, salicylic acid cannot replace a TCA peel. They affect different parts of the skin and both can seriously burn you at that solution if not applied correctly.

I've used the salicylic peeling several times I've never had problems. The TCA will be the first time.

I respond once a day because of the volume of people who need help ;-P Feel free to PM me or I will respond when I can.

Your questions:

thanks!  I have more questions :

1- How to stamp correctly? Goto the FAQ - top of the acne scar sub, then the microneedling section, read this and click the derminator link
2- Can I do a patch test in my leg (tca) ? No You patch test on similar skin aka by the ear, or hairline, etc. Does not have to be big, just a small spot
PLEASE!!!! read the faq - top of the acne scar sub, goto the tca section, click the link, and read the whole first page. Safety and knowledge is key.

3 - Can the salicylic acid peel 30% replace the tca peel?
No as Aila said above, different acids, do different things, TCA is much stronger.

Derminator is my dream microneedling
but can't I buy here in my country
is too expensive.

That is fine use your stamp, when it get's old get a new one. Remember to use Hibiclens aka Chlorhexidine to disinfect and leave it on the skin, do not wash it off. (Wash your face first). No not use any products besides HA serum, others are known to cause chemical issues / inflammation as they go deeper in the skin. Some people use Retin A aka Tretinorin when they are not peeling or healing from peels. If you have ethnic skin you must do Retin a and hydroquinone for 3 weeks before acid treatments. To avoid hyperpigmentation 

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS