Riven

Frustrating shit to deal with

10 posts in this topic

Are these large pimples ? Pustules ? Papules ? Fuckinh cysts ? What are they ? Oh and they hurt even if i smile sometimes, are they ingrown hairs ? (God i hope they are)  please help shit is frustrating i am not even back home and can’t afford to go to a derm where i am at 1DD33BF5-1FA8-42DC-AC68-6602F5D26C67.jpeg

23296996-5007-4E11-89C1-9F8EB4E6572E.jpeg

EA890533-59B9-425B-98A3-BBAE8A865152.jpeg

What I can see do look like pimples.  If you have access to some OTC acne topical treatments I would give those a try.

Acne and Accutane survivor and success story with an interest in understanding the biology and treatment of acne.  Now on the journey again with my teenage son who was clear of moderate acne after 6 months on oral doxycycline but regressed back to the beginning....back on doxy after a break and using adapalene and epiology topicals to complement.

4 hours ago, Jazzguy said:

What I can see do look like pimples.  If you have access to some OTC acne topical treatments I would give those a try.

Yeah but do pimples hurt so bad to the touch ? U sure its not cystic ?

i have the same. nothing topical will work long term. stay awawy from oral antibiotics it makes this type of acne worse.

you need accutane + diet to nuke this shit

I’ve had a lot of variables lately, moved to California like 7000 miles from my country and stopped taking epiduo (has BP 2.5%) so i don’t know what to blame 

I think where you can see a pustule that's still a kind of pimple.  Cysts are usually swellings below the skin surface that don't look like you could pop and squeeze them.  Any kind of pimple/acne can be painful with the inflammation that's going on in your skin.

Acne and Accutane survivor and success story with an interest in understanding the biology and treatment of acne.  Now on the journey again with my teenage son who was clear of moderate acne after 6 months on oral doxycycline but regressed back to the beginning....back on doxy after a break and using adapalene and epiology topicals to complement.

Classic case of demodex. Painful fluid filled lesions along hairline that sometimes come to a head. Your skin looks oily too. In your case I would begin Pantothenic acid (vitamin b5) 1000 mg a day+L Cysteine 500 mg a day to reduce your sebum, and oral ivermectin-metronidazole to eliminate the bugs.

Here is a link to the efficacy of the oral prescriptions: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S120197121201315X

You can PM me with any questions.

Edited by 99f

Kicking acne's butt since 2017
Demodex mites are often elevated in facial/body acne and rosacea sufferers. The most effective treatment is oral ivermectin-metronidazole. Read my thread in Body acne forum for my detailed log of how I CURED my acne.