Nothing is working!

Started by unbreakable1 unbreakable1

116 posts in this topic

I haven't done a huge range of treatments but I've done the following:

- A round of fractional CO2
- Approx. 10 TCA peels (15% - 20%, last couple were 30%)
- Been dermarolling on and off for years

Products I've used are vitamin C serum, MSM cream, Bio-Oil, argan oil, coconut oil.

I haven't even seen an improvement AT ALL, not even in the superficial lines on my forehead though they are the least of my worries. Maybe they're not so superficial.

What would you recommend next? I wish I had the money to try everything. Looks like my face is a map of scars.

Excuse the unflattering angles, tried to find some in natural light which showed my skin's general quality. The pics probably don't show every kind of scar I have.

3.png

2.png

1.png

Edited by unbreakable1

Perhaps I do not see your scars clearly i the photos. I see some texture issues and fat loss. You need filler and subcision, there are areas of fat loss. Lots of scarred pores or macules and good treatments for this are clear and brilliant, infini rf, or Laser Genesis. If they do TCA peels, it must be sedated as they must get under the pore (deep enough) - 30% is nothing compared to what a Dr can do sedated. Other than that I don't know what I am correcting, so if you have a pic or can circle the areas let me know. Forehead lines are not scars, they are natural, get botox if you do not like them. Skin texture is your major issue and you need some sort (sedated peels, traditional co2, or profractional laser) resurfacing that is deep enough.

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

I provide - (private) messaging to answer your acne scars. PM me to ask more.

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Thank you!

Yeah, major texture issues and I also see the scarred pores and fat loss too. The scars themselves aren't quite as visible in these photos but they are there, my face is covered in rolling, boxscars plus some icepicks.

Traditional CO2 scares me to be honest, I don't want to make things worse. But I would love to try a very deep chemical peel with subcision and fillers. Will look into all your suggestions, thank you!

I was just going off the pics.

Fat loss you need Filler and Nokor Subcision.

Icepicks you need many rounds of TCA cross to raise them.

Resurfacing you can do many medium depth tca peels, or a sedated peel with a doctor to get under the issues once things are raised up. 

More about all these things are in the faq, top post of the acne scar sub.

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:

[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual PM's addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.

Just a simple course of oral anti biotics,take a course of anti biotics and all the bacteria that causes inflammation,bumps and other irregularities get killed off.then check your face and see what an improvement that alone makes.
:)

There was a guy on here who was a fan of fraxel repair. I live in the UK too and I'm not sure if this is available here... it should be but you will have to email lots of clinics. Some people say laser causes fat loss which is why I never tried it. Doctors on the other hand say lasers are safer than chemical peels as a laser is a "controlled" burn. I would go with safer options like subcision, fillers and electronic microneedling.

Fraxel repair

Edited by *gone*

Hi Shades, if you want to get laser great ;-) Just a warning, there are very few good laser results or those who get over a small percentage of improvement. Dr's promise the world. Notice Dudley that you linked has had 15 "by now" laser treatments - He was doing 2 a year. That's nuts $$$$. The doctor wants to pay off his laser, it's flashy, makes money, looks futuristic, and is incredibly quick compared to a acid peel. In and out the patients come. One size fit's all laser. The top laser Dr in the World Dr. Lim in AUS even admits laser is not the cure for everyone. They are complicated to use and need good aftercare, many do not know the right settings. He is even using Infini RF instead of Laser for many of his patients now. Acid peels have less side effects than laser, He even says with the right board certified Dr peels can help as a alt to laser ablation....

Please lookup the technology and side effects. Laser creates thermal damage, it can dissolve fat. The doctor often over promises and over changes. They want to be able to say they do "Fraxel." Peels were around since Cleopatra, so we know they work. They are also controlled by chemical burn (various layers and processes make them penetrate to the point in the dermis of concern. They are cheap as hell compared to laser, this is why Drs don't want to do them. They take more time. Downtime can be the same from a fully ablative laser procedure (months), DEEP peels can take weeks, and the reds are the same. Why are all the doctors using ablative ""fractional"" laser and not fully ablative laser like a peels does. Because it caused major side effects. The chemical peel sits on the skin (to the level of depth necessary - chemical burn). while the laser is penetrated deep into the skin. You can even get laser done now by a dentist on your face, ... that's scary. The last comment is don't shop for devices, manufactures promises and lies, ....this is better than that. If the doctor is not a expert in these type of things you could have terrible treatments. Repair is considered old technology today (outdated). Your in the UK isn't a Dr. Kahn or something in London. He only does laser if this is your thing in his aesthetic practice. He is famous for pushing Recell as well which is expensive and does not work. Dr Chu is much better.

http://harleystreetskinclinic.com/meet-the-team/

If they get rid of thermal damage, possibly Laser would be a good replacement, until then they really cannot control how it functions fully (your skin / water content  / fat content dictate this response / and how you heal). Laser should be the end of ones journey, a last resort, not the first.  

Мyth reacted to this

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
9. FILLER FOR SCARS

Laser is absolutely not safer than a chemical peel.  Many doctors say it is though because they can charge more for a laser treatment than a chemical peel since a jar of trichloroacetic acid is extremely cheap to purchase whereas lasers cost a small fortune for doctors to purchase.  They have to pay off these lasers somehow which is why they are pushed over chemical peels. In addition to that, laser treatments are more of a current technology than chemical peels so many doctors are trained in their fellowships to use lasers over peels. Peels are somewhat of a lost art and it's a shame because lasers truly have more long-term risks and not a lot (or any) long-term safety and efficiency data.  Unfortunately just because technology is newly developed does not always make it superior to older methods of resurfacing. 

Edited by UpliftingCat
Мyth and ailaeshiz reacted to this

On 10/21/2017 at 1:17 AM, draci said:

did you take accutane?

Twice. One short course one full course.

@QuadBoy Antibiotics won't do a thing for my issues except maybe the acne itself which isn't what I'm asking about unfortunately.

Occasional acne and pigmentation is not the issue for me compared to the actual scars. It's the craters, scarred pores and awful texture. Accutane won't fix this.

Thanks for the comments. :) Edited by unbreakable1

50 minutes ago, unbreakable1 said:

It's the craters, scarred pores and awful texture.

I do see little of all those. But, seriously, it doesn't look that bad in the picture. Hell, I'm sure most people here would love to switch their faces for yours. LOL

Since you have boxcars and enlarged pores, the best course of treatment I believe is radiofrequency like Infini. Lasers would make your pores even larger, so stay away from them.

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

clear and brilliant, infini rf, Laser Genesis, sedated peels, traditional co2, profractional laser. Holy heck , how do you keep track of all these things? Everytime I see "enlarged pores" I just wanna say Infini RF and be done with it. It must take a long time to become familiar with all this stuff @_@

@Sirius Lee Are you speaking from experience? I thought certain lasers were good at shrinking pores

Edited by ailaeshiz

6 hours ago, ailaeshiz said:
@Sirius Lee Are you speaking from experience? I thought certain lasers were good at shrinking pores

I was more or less referring to the lasers that are applicable to OP's enlarged pores, some of which look more like icepick scars. From what I understand, this type of enlarged pores are difficult to treat with lasers. He would be better served receiving TCA cross instead. Anyway, no I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I have come across many people whose skin texture seriously degraded (eg. orange texture) after getting a laser, especially CO2 lasers.

There is no life without water. Use it to your advantage.

@ailaeshiz 

TCA cross would NOT work for this case, he was given treatments that have a track record through case studies and clinical experience of working.

Acne scars are not one treatment, we don't call out infini and say that is the solution to everyone. IT takes multiple modalities, everyone is a special case not a stamped out machine. There is science behind this not just magical machines. We all heal differently,  and have different $$$$. Different down times, expectations, needs.

I speak from experience, working in the field, doing these treatments on myself, white papers - science, and research trying to help others.

@Obi wan Please advise second opinion - he also works in the field.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
9. FILLER FOR SCARS

Texture, pores, scars and clarity. I think these are all issues that need to be addressed. Yes, you do have enlarged pores. Pores, like everything else including height, hair density, IQ, all lie on a bell curve. Your skin textural issues lie to the right of the curve, probably in the 90th centile. There is also a gradient between deep ice pick scars, pick scars, shallow pick scars, deep pores, and enlarged pores. Once again this is a spectrum.  Your nasojugal groove or retaining ligament is also more pronounced. This is a normal anatomical structure that is present in everyone's cheek- yours is more visible but easy fix if that bothers you (filler). OK, how to improve? My suggestion is that you see a reputable dermatologist and he or she can guide you regarding your goals, expectations, and time line. They will work backwards from there. A good dermo will take a history, examine you under different lighting conditions, map out your scars and areas of concern, and come up with methods to target each concern. If its textural, sure, lasers of medium depth acetone scrub-Jessener's -TCA peel can help, laser resurfacing, high density fractional NA lasers, etc. If scars show up on angled lighting, then fillers, and possibly subcision. With respects your skin problem is not hard to treat compared to fibrotic scars say in type 6 skin, I think you have been misguided (not via fault of your own) but by medical professionals in the industry. If you are contemplating laser resurfacing, see the best in the country- people like Dr Sue Kilmer, Dr Chris Zachary, Dr Rox Anderson, Dr Victor Ross, or Dr Mitch Goldman. These dermatologist are 'job centric'- got a problem- 'here is the solution.' No hard sell, no bells and whistles, no hand holding, tell it like it is. Firstly  they got to understand what your end goals are, and like BA says, you may need more than one treatment.  I wish you well. 

ailaeshiz and beautifulambition reacted to this

Thank you very much everyone.

Does anyone have any guy makeup tips for so many issues like mine? I've never worn makeup before and don't want to wear a face of makeup particularly, but I recently bought a cheap concealer stick to lessen the red marks and it helps a bit but obviously can't use it on the craters. I have read a few articles and tips but I don't know where to start. My budget is low too.

@unbreakable1 Watch youtube videos put in guys makeup or mens makeup. Less is more with makeup, ... spot treat on your spots. You can use your finger, warm up the product on the back of your hand and dab it on. Dry spots need to be mosturized so use a oil, or cream before putting it on. You don't want to be cakey face so as thin as will cover. Sephora at the mall is great they will show you what to do for free, incredibly nice if you can get over the guy part, ... I've seen men shop in their for makeup. Also Nordstrom or Macys has dermablend, ... goto the counter, they will apply it for you and give you hints. This is what dudes use after surgeries on their body. 

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
9. FILLER FOR SCARS

On 11/24/2017 at 5:46 PM, beautifulambition said:
@unbreakable1 Watch youtube videos put in guys makeup or mens makeup. Less is more with makeup, ... spot treat on your spots. You can use your finger, warm up the product on the back of your hand and dab it on. Dry spots need to be mosturized so use a oil, or cream before putting it on. You don't want to be cakey face so as thin as will cover. Sephora at the mall is great they will show you what to do for free, incredibly nice if you can get over the guy part, ... I've seen men shop in their for makeup. Also Nordstrom or Macys has dermablend, ... goto the counter, they will apply it for you and give you hints. This is what dudes use after surgeries on their body. 

You're amazing! Thank you!

I've had some replies from clinics/plastic surgeons in the UK, two made suggestions without asking me to go for a consultation. One left a voicemail saying they offer fraxel which "gets rid of scarring"...

"Looking at your photos I'm not sure that subcision would be helpful as it does not appear that the scarring is tethered (of course I would need to see you to be clear on this). Given the treatments you have had so far I would be somewhat guarded about what in the way of results we might achieve, but it can happen that one type of treatment can work even after others have failed. I'm sure you are aware that we would need to aim for improvement rather than elimination of the scars. 

In terms of what you haven't done so far I can offer Tixel (a device I'm afraid! but different to what you have had to date) or PRP, which may be your preferred option.
Infini has been quite helpful for this, but we now offer Tixel instead - its much more pleasant and gives minimal downtime afterwards. I also wouldn't ignore good skincare such as ZO as part of whatever treatment we may undertake. It won't affect scarring directly, but can help reduce pore size and contribute to results achieved with other treatments."

Another said "we offer surgical excision for deep ice pick scars, subcision for tethered scars and fractional lasering for mid dermal scars "

So they used to offer Infini and now offer Tixel in its place. You said Tixel sounds like BS iirc. Would you avoid it?

I don't know what ZO is but what are your thoughts on the responses?
Edited by unbreakable1

Yiu got scarred pores and some under the surface scarring,collagen or fat (?)

tca peel at high strength every 6 weeks repeatedly will yield results after multiple sessions,talking 6 at least,moving strength up into the 30%*+ as you go along.

i got some similar stuff but mild in comparrison,it makes your skin look like its got loads of small bumps when in reality its scarred pores and small ice picks creating depressions.

mine improved but took like 3 tca peels at 25% to see it and mine is mild in comparrison.ice picks should be tca crossed and you have some but can you got a toothpick in them?

infini should sort out the under skin scarring?

i wouldnt do any at home dermarollering.my skin went kinda like your when i used it.

you need loads of strong peels for surface texture,scarred pores,ice picks.you need invasive for the deficiency,something like rf microneedling.

dermarolling does this to your face so dont roll any more.

unbreakable1 reacted to this

18 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Yiu got scarred pores and some under the surface scarring,collagen or fat (?)

tca peel at high strength every 6 weeks repeatedly will yield results after multiple sessions,talking 6 at least,moving strength up into the 30%*+ as you go along.

i got some similar stuff but mild in comparrison,it makes your skin look like its got loads of small bumps when in reality its scarred pores and small ice picks creating depressions.

mine improved but took like 3 tca peels at 25% to see it and mine is mild in comparrison.ice picks should be tca crossed and you have some but can you got a toothpick in them?

infini should sort out the under skin scarring?

i wouldnt do any at home dermarollering.my skin went kinda like your when i used it.

you need loads of strong peels for surface texture,scarred pores,ice picks.you need invasive for the deficiency,something like rf microneedling.

dermarolling does this to your face so dont roll any more.

Yeah I've binned my dermaroller. Have also asked a few places about Infini, Intracel and just as a curiosity, Tixel... one place swapped Infini for Tixel, there is barely anything on this treatment however. :/

I will finish my jar of TCA and do another 2/3 30% peels and then look into getting subcision, filler, Infini etc.

5 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Yep,peel once a month or every 6 weeks at strong strength,frost your face up,3-4 layers!

Cool thanks. Maybe that's why I have had no results after even 5 peels? I did 1 layer and only parts frosted. It was kinda like (approx):

Peel 1 - 15%
Peel 2 - 15%
Peel 3 - 18-20%
Peel 4 - 18-20%
Peel 5 - 30%

So only one that wasn't diluted, until my next one in a week or two. Edited by unbreakable1

You peeled before so your good for 25%,you should do a couple at that strength 1 minimum.then ramp it up to 30% then to 35%ish.

3-4 layers,well frosted and the 2nd-4th layer should hurt.28 days healing minimum.after 3-4 of them you should notice change in your texture.

unbreakable1 reacted to this

:) will do for the next one! 

Spoke to a popular clinic in the UK and they don't do anything like Infini or Intracel but offered me 3x TCA peels and 3x sessions of FNS (fractional needling system). 

I'm not convinced. I think I want subcision, filler and Infini (plus my at home TCA peels) at this point. 

If I had the money I'd do it today.
  Edited by unbreakable1

I have two consultations in a few weeks to discuss subcision (if they agree to do it. Can't see why not...) 

If they do I will have it done ASAP, with filler in areas of fat loss (if they can identify them...) do Chinese cupping afterwards and then have Infini, repeat and finish with TCA peels. Following BA's excellent advice. :) 

I was wondering if investing in the derminator would also be worthwhile or not to bother if I'm planning on having Infini done?