SimpleClean234

Good/Best Drugstore Acne Treatment

16 posts in this topic

To any who read this,

Hi, I am a teen suffering from light to mild/moderate acne. I have used products such as Clearasil, Clear and Clean, both of which weren't good. I have been recently using Neutrogena Stubborn Acne Cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide. No matter what I do or put on my face, my acne isn't fading or reducing, and I see no change whatsoever. Does anyone know any good drugstore/over-the-counter Acne Treatment that can easily get rid of acne? If anyone has any suggestions, please do reply! 

I would highly recommend you look into the Cerave line-cleansers with SA, their AM morning moisturizer with spf and the PM moisturizer . They are are fragrance and dye free. They also contain calming ingredients that also protect and help build up the skin barrier after constant usage of benzoyl peroxide and or SA. best Wishes 

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, SuaveDory said:

I would highly recommend you look into the Cerave line-cleansers with SA, their AM morning moisturizer with spf and the PM moisturizer . They are are fragrance and dye free. They also contain calming ingredients that also protect and help build up the skin barrier after constant usage of benzoyl peroxide and or SA. best Wishes 

These moisturizers seem interesting, I'll look into them SuaveDory. But do you know of any good acne treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide that'll work well with Cerave?

11 minutes ago, SimpleClean234 said:
1 hour ago, SuaveDory said:

These moisturizers seem interesting, I'll look into them SuaveDory. But do you know of any good acne treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide that'll work well with Cerave?

I am currently using the Acne.org one. But once this is done any benzoyl peroxide that is 2.5 % should be good. I quickly looked into it and at this point all you need is the active ingredient which is 2.5% just look for one that is cost worthy! ;) 

4 minutes ago, SuaveDory said:

I am currently using the Acne.org one. But once this is done any benzoyl peroxide that is 2.5 % should be good. I quickly looked into it and at this point all you need is the active ingredient which is 2.5% just look for one that is cost worthy! ;) 
I'll look for something with 2.5% BP. So all I need are the Cerave AM and PM moisturizers and acne treatment with 2.5% BP, and that's it?

Yes! You want to Keep it simple stupid lol ;) You want to hydrate and treat without compromising your skin! 

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, SuaveDory said:

Yes! You want to Keep it simple stupid lol ;) You want to hydrate and treat without compromising your skin! 

I found an Oxy product with 3.7% BP and is for sensitive faces. I think I found what I'm looking for :)

2.5% bp works as good as 10% bp, and it will also cause less irritation, so 2.5% is the better choice, I always used a gel, couldn't keep it for long because it made the skin very oily and weird but then bp kills the bacteria almost instantly, so that's fine.

12 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

2.5% bp works as good as 10% bp, and it will also cause less irritation, so 2.5% is the better choice, I always used a gel, couldn't keep it for long because it made the skin very oily and weird but then bp kills the bacteria almost instantly, so that's fine.

That's why in the beginning I would leave it on my face for like 10-20 min and rinse it off! I still got the benefits without excessive drying. But only did that with the bp from acne.org. 

3 hours ago, SuaveDory said:
15 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

That's why in the beginning I would leave it on my face for like 10-20 min and rinse it off! I still got the benefits without excessive drying. But only did that with the bp from acne.org. 
Should I put on the moisturizer, wait for 10-20 minutes, and then put on the acne treatment, or do that the other way round?

22 hours ago, SuaveDory said:

Also SuaveDory, do you know if it's possible to use just one of the Cerave moisturizers for both day and night?

On August 12, 2017 at 8:52 PM, SimpleClean234 said:
On August 11, 2017 at 10:08 PM, SuaveDory said:

Also SuaveDory, do you know if it's possible to use just one of the Cerave moisturizers for both day and night?

Good question! Unless  you don't wear spf (which  I suggest you do) i'm not sure  I would want to keep an spf ingredient on my face overnight!  I would suggest  separate  moisturizers.  Or just the cerave  without spf.

Cleanse then wait 10-20 min then treatment then end with your moisturizer a few min later.  Edited by SuaveDory

Hi, sorry for being quiet the past few days!

I've been using Oxy Maximum Action with Cerave AM and PM moisturizers, and it works like a charm! I notice a change in the amount of acne I have, and I will say that my face looks way better than it did when I used the Stubborn Acne Cleanser! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update my here if anything happens

On 8/18/2017 at 11:35 AM, SimpleClean234 said:

Hi, sorry for being quiet the past few days!

I've been using Oxy Maximum Action with Cerave AM and PM moisturizers, and it works like a charm! I notice a change in the amount of acne I have, and I will say that my face looks way better than it did when I used the Stubborn Acne Cleanser! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update my here if anything happens

Great! 

On 8/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, SimpleClean234 said:

To any who read this,

Hi, I am a teen suffering from light to mild/moderate acne. I have used products such as Clearasil, Clear and Clean, both of which weren't good. I have been recently using Neutrogena Stubborn Acne Cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide. No matter what I do or put on my face, my acne isn't fading or reducing, and I see no change whatsoever. Does anyone know any good drugstore/over-the-counter Acne Treatment that can easily get rid of acne? If anyone has any suggestions, please do reply! 

I doubt your gonna try it mainly because it's simple but here goes. I served in the military for 23 years and faught in 2 wars and as you can imaging getting water to shower was impossible especially when we were moving as a unit across the desert. I've suffered with acne my entire life my face and shoulders were the worse. My wife gave me Dawn dishwashing liquid on a deployment because we were out of everything else and I used it. I was acne free in a week and I've used it for 10 years and I've never gotten them back. You bairly have to use any and I use it on my entire body. It worked for me hope it works for you.  Edited by Whitema4
Spelling errors