Discussion All Things Acid Peels For Scars TCA Full Face Peel TCA Cross Phenol Glycolic Salicylic Methods and Techniques

Started by beautifulambition beautifulambition

236 posts in this topic

And stay out of sun!

dont think “hey it cool” sit in the sun and cook your skin,could and may cause problems.sun wont do it any favors at all,more likely have an effect on your pigment.
:)

1 hour ago, labellavita1985 said:

Keep your skin very well hydrated as your skin gets used to tretinoin. I would go as far as to say use an occlusive every night to prevent Trans Epidermal Water Loss. Occlusive = active ingredient petrolatum. And I know it's hard, but I wouldn't do anything to my skin for at least the first couple of months on tretinoin. It really does sort of "traumatize" the skin at first. It literally works by creating irritation at the beginning of the skin cell cycle, this also means it works deeply within the skin. I would not do anything to irritate the skin any further while your skin adjusts.

This is taking it a bit far but I literally used nothing but tretinoin, moisturizer and sunscreen for the first two years I was on it. I'm not saying wait that long, it's just an example. Many, many people give up on tretinoin because of the redness, dryness, and irritation that occurs initially, which is the worst thing you can do, because tretinoin really does improve skin over time. This has been demonstrated over and over again over the last three decades, and not just with visual observation, but through skin biopsies measuring epidermal thickness, etc. 

Other than that I think your plan looks great! Funny you should mention glycolic acid because I'm trying to find a way to incorporate it into my routine as well.

Please keep us updated on your tretinoin journey as well as any subsequent TCA peels or microneedling sessions.

Which microneedling pen are you going to buy? Or do you already have one? The Derminator is the undisputed best at home microneedling device.

Thanks.

Yeah I know I have to be careful with the recovery. No rush. 

I bought derminator and 1,9 and 12-needle cartridges. 

Didn't you have any outbreak due to your using moisturizer and sunscreen on a daily basis? I guess you didn't use thick creams but anyway I find using sunscreen or moisturizer a bit traumatic as it reminds me of having oily skin (like when I had acne). Nevertheless, I know it is compulsory and I must use them. In fact, I used vaseline after the TCA peel and nothing happened, and vaseline is very oily and thick.

You mean did I have breakouts from using moisturizer and sunscreen? No, but only because I'm not someone who is prone to product related acne. Additionally, my acne was entirely hormonal, and by the time I was on my tretinoin, moisturizer and sunscreen routine it had cleared thanks to birth control and a medication called Spironolactone.

As far as the oily skin thing, I really like my skin to look "dewy" or "glowy." 

Guys be careful buying any TCA Peels online. These aren't the same sort of peels that a dermatologist may have in his surgery. I was watching a documentary here in the UK yesterday, and alot are just highly concentrated generic acid and/or some other material altogether 

You are literally just burning yourself with who knows what. 

Real TCA, applied conservatively will generally provoke a peeling in the skin after a few days. These TCA peels do nothing but burn the skin, and sometimes cause more scarring. 

Just be careful with the fake peels out there, even when you see loads of positive reviews (it's easily done to create positive feedback). 

This is why we recommend Makeup Artists Choice peels, they are legit and hold a good reputation in the industry and offer support for their peels. This is more common when one buys Amazon or ebay products. Often they use inferior products with poor PH. 

Of course your limited by only 35% M.A.C. and the Chinese companies sell 100% which often isn't car part cleaners. 

@UpliftingCat Perhaps has something to say on this.

ScarRight reacted to this

** Please "Like" my response above; Capturedwdn.JPG  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
[Thank You For Your Kind Understanding - I reply to individual Private Messages addressing your concerns as soon as I can, helping many people a day, please be patient.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

Nothing to add :) . I agree MUAC is one of the more reputable websites you can purchase a peel off the internet from.  I'm not sure how their strength compares to ones used by doctors and plastic surgeons though.  I have never purchased a peel offline but if I were going to, MUAC would probably be the only website I'd purchase from.  

Edited by UpliftingCat
beautifulambition reacted to this

Do these MUAC induce a peeling with the peel, or is it simply a burn?

IMO it's easy to determine 'fake' TCA with the real stuff - a fake will just burn you, and have no peeling. The real stuff, will see your skin brown up and peel after a few days. 

Intrigued. 

Well, they're a respected 20 year old company... plus FDA approved, so they can't really get away with placing just about anything in their products unless they want to get into trouble.

Day 43 Update 

Color has very much lightened and the indent also has filled up a lot. I hope it gets further better with time. 

Daay 43.jpg

Day 43.jpg

Dayy 43.jpg