Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GetRidOfMyScars

Jawline Acne In Men

13 posts in this topic

I keep getting maybe 3-4 bumps along my jawline and chin. I'm a 30yo male so could it still be hormonal? Plus , I do not shave since I never had a beard in my life. What could be the cause?

Will drinking spearmint tea help since I read somewhere that it controls your androgens?

I keep getting maybe 3-4 bumps along my jawline and chin. I'm a 30yo male so could it still be hormonal? Plus , I do not shave since I never had a beard in my life. What could be the cause?

Will drinking spearmint tea help since I read somewhere that it controls your androgens?

That and you probably touch/scratch/itch/rub that area too. Just an educated guess.

"Genetics load the gun, environment pulls the trigger"

Do you smoke? If so, that is what is probably triggering it.

Check out my Accutane Blog- Link is on my profile!

Have you ever tried removing dairy from your diet? This is what causes jawline acne in a lot of cases.

My post on how I have stayed clear for over 3 years now:

Have you ever tried removing dairy from your diet? This is what causes jawline acne in a lot of cases.

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for posting.

Check out my Accutane Blog- Link is on my profile!

I have jawline acne too and around my neck (as well as chin) but I dont eat any dairy at all and havent for many many years :/

I have jawline acne too and around my neck (as well as chin) but I dont eat any dairy at all and havent for many many years :/

I have read a few times and personally found dairy gives me cystic spots aound the jaw/chin.

That is thing with acne what works for someone may not work for someone else. If there is anything that works for around 50% or more then I believe it's a success.

I have read a few times and personally found dairy gives me cystic spots aound the jaw/chin.

That is thing with acne what works for someone may not work for someone else. If there is anything that works for around 50% or more then I believe it's a success.

sadly I dont eat dairy at all havent for about 4 years now, its annoying too because I wish I did, so I could eliminate it and hopefully get some success out of it :/

sadly I dont eat dairy at all havent for about 4 years now, its annoying too because I wish I did, so I could eliminate it and hopefully get some success out of it :/

Dairy is likely to effect men more, to do with men and females having different hormones (lots of testerone is dairy products). But thats not to say it wont effect females as well, as dairy products are packed full of a number of hormones.

Have you tried cutting out sugar and refined carbohydrates? They the other two main culpirates when it comes to diet and acne in general. With coffee/tea sneaking up behind at 4th spot for foods to avoid (dark chocolate and green tea are great alternatives as they contain a lot less caffeine and are full of antioxidants).

I had jawline acne too but thankfully it cleared up. Do you regularly wash your pillowcases? I found out that I was smooshing my face into my dirty pillows at night and it would aggravate my jawlline acne.

Oxy Maximum Face Wash

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

Could be a stiff collar on one of your shirts or winter coat that could be causing irritation. I have a wool pea coat that I love but it causes some breakouts on my neck and jaw if I don't use an aha or bha lotion in that area.

How I got clear...

Am: Gently wash face with warm water, ACV and green tea mixed evenly toner after.

Pm: Shave(exfoliate) with pacific shaving company natural shaving cream/ gently cleanse face with jojoba oil/ shower off with warm water/ ACV&green tea toner after shower.

Diet: Eat whatever the hell I want but low carb/high fiber/high protein conscious. Take mens 1 a day multivitamin, 1200mg fish oil soft gel, 400mg eluethero twice a day, 40 grams whey protein isolate twice a day, 2 cap fulls of ACV twice a day, plenty of espresso and green tea throughout the day.

Irritation is definitely a cause for me; I get bumps on my neck from any collars during the winter months.