IndigoRush

Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane

13,945 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, tanedout said:

But the estrogen issue is kind of explained in that theory like I posted earlier.

1) you've taken accutane (acts as a 'progestin' - synthetic progesterone, so you effectively have really high progesterone when taking it
2) your body 'down regulates' the receptor sites because there is loads of progesterone
3) you come off the drug and suddenly there is not loads of progesterone, but the receptor sites remain down-regulated
4) your body produces extra progesterone because it's can't utilise it because the receptor sites have remained down regulated
5) The extra progesterone being produced is blocking estrogen receptors and making DHT insensitive
6) you in effect have a hormone imbalance 

So these guys are going with the theory that you need to 'normalise/up-regulate' the progesterone receptor sites, so they're;

1) taking an anti-progesterone which reduces the amount of progesterone 
2) receptors are forced to up regulate/increase because they're like "hey where's all the progesterone?"
3) you come off the anti-progesterone drug, and the receptors remain upregulated
4) balance of progesterone, estrogen, DHT is restored 

THere's more at play obviously, that's just a simplistic view and obviously it's just a theory. But I think it makes sense. I'm getting progesterone tested but it's not easy getting this tested as a guy, so I'm having to go via an online clinic and pretend to be a women. 

I think the relationship between progesterone, estrogen and DHT/testosterone is worth exploring, on the basis that we have potentially taken a 'progestin' (accutane). 

I like how you've explained it, I really do!!

Now that I've put to rest any thyroid issues I will get a progesterone test too.

When all's said & done though, are you willing to take an abortion drug??

I would need to hear from a doctor or chemist and prob more than just one that this is the best  option, maybe I need to get over the fact that it's an abortion drug but it sounds insane in my mind right now.

And importantly how would you go with all this being female??....just saying, challenging to say the least, but it does have me intrigued....just need to eliminate the experimental side to it all if that's possible.

23 minutes ago, TrueJustice said:

I like how you've explained it, I really do!!

Now that I've put to rest any thyroid issues I will get a progesterone test too.

When all's said & done though, are you willing to take an abortion drug??

I would need to hear from a doctor or chemist and prob more than just one that this is the best  option, maybe I need to get over the fact that it's an abortion drug but it sounds insane in my mind right now.

And importantly how would you go with all this being female??....just saying, challenging to say the least, but it does have me intrigued....just need to eliminate the experimental side to it all if that's possible.

Definitely get progesterone tested and let us know the outcome! I would also get cortisol, DHT and potassium done at the same time if you can.

I'm very averse to taking any drugs now, even aspirin or cough syrups I don't touch after this experience with accutane, but I would consider a herb anti-progesterone (already looked and there are a number of herbs such as fennel which block progesterone), and cycling this maybe. Will have to see, but want to try and understand the relationship between estrogen, progesterone and DHT better first.  Edited by tanedout

6 hours ago, Colinboko said:
Half of these sides are listed to be honest... 

not that I'm fighting for Roche by any means. But I fully admit taking this drug was my fault. Not the doctors... I was an actor dying for clear skin. Soooo 
my dermatologist assured me that none of the side effects would be permanent. 16 years old I thought I could trust a doctor.
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, hatetane said:
What - permanent side effects. Hair loss, permanently! Suicide - yes it is stated in the leaflet but none of the regulators or doctors believe it and they tell patients this - they actually promote this drug like it is a miracle, You can't deny this.
Sexual sides, not listed  on the PIL - PERMANENT SEXUAL SIDES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR WHOLE LIFE.
I didn't see it listed on the PIL that it takes away your personality nor that it feminises you and may even make you want to change your 
gender!

You can blame yourself but don't say that it is not the doctors fault. They choose to downplay the side effects and feed this drug to kids.
Accutane is not safe for anyone and it should not be available at least not to anyone under the age of 21.

While accutane is promoted as safe by doctors, kids and young people will continue to take it.
There are other methods to getting rid of acne and if accutane was banned I guarantee you that the pharms would look for altenative
drugs for acne - hopefully safer ones. Of course we have all personally learnt our lesson (well not everyone), that there are no safe drugs.
Stay the hell away from finasteride and abortion drugs!  It's the fact that they TOOK accutane that it has RIGHTLY made them cautious about taking other drugs.
Even the FDA and MHRA will tell you that there are no safe drugs - there will always be side effects from every drug you take.
So stop making stupid comments!

Stop talking and go and get  hormonal panel test done - you should have had this done ages ago.
I'm not even going to waste my breath responding to your posts. Accepting that I took those pills has been one of the best things I could have done, instead of wallowing in absolute regret on top of all these sides. Regardless of what ISN'T listed, it's what IS listed that should have kept us away from it in the first place. But we wanted clear skin. SO. WE. TOOK. IT.

Don't tell me what to get tested when all you have brought to this forum is links to prove that Roche is "killing us all" and that signing an email is the most important step we can take right now. Pretty positive it's your son who is affected and not you. So take a seat because you're not experiencing any of this first hand. 

I'm also not from the U.K. and I haven't had a full hormone panel because some people on this forum think it's right to tell people we're all affected by the same thing and to not waste your money on certain tests. So I set hormones aside after my very non-extensive thyroid test with practically no hormones on it whatsoever. 

And I have E.D. problems... I can still ejaculate (the consistency is disgustingly thick)  but the hardness is terrible. My crippling depression and anhedonia don't help with the whole libido thing because I don't really "feel" happy about anything. But yes I'm still attracted to people.

Edited by Colinboko

1 hour ago, Colinboko said:
Regardless of what ISN'T listed, it's what IS listed that should have kept us away from it in the first place. But we wanted clear skin. SO. WE. TOOK. IT.

My derm didn't only assure me that the sides wont be long term. She explained to me that all drugs have these kind of sides listed because everything that happens during a study needs to be put in the PIL, even if it is unrelated. Taking the drug was not my fault. I was a kid. 
3 people like this

OMG I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault. I'm saying it has helped me by just accepting that I was so willing to take it. I wanted clear skin. 

3 minutes ago, Colinboko said:

OMG I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault. I'm saying it has helped me by just accepting that I was so willing to take it. I wanted clear skin. 

Your very ignorant. I accept you are in a bad way but you are slating people for not wanting to take any more pharmaceuticals..
I suspect your not a teenager  - most are when they get given  accutane.
You are entitled to go to a doctor and be safe - that has not been the case for most people on this forum.
Yes, I do believe that  someone should be held accountable  for destroying young peoples lives but more than anything I want young people protected in the future.
Signing emails! Thanks to everyone who took the time to email PRAC - the PIL is getting up-dated to include erectile  dysfunction and diminished
libido. You obviously don't care about future victims and I am not for one minute suggesting it is enough but it is a start and hopefully it will at least get young people to directly look this side effect up, 
Sound to me like you want everyone else to take risks by taking dangerous drugs  to pave a safe way forward for yourself.
Don't use others on this forum to do your dirty work for you.
If you have gynecomastia you need your hormones tested - namely estrogen. It's totally irreverent what other peoples test result are.

And don't you dare tell me to take a seat you moron - you haven't got the slightest idea about my situation so don't make judgements on it.

1 hour ago, hatetane said:
Your very ignorant. I accept you are in a bad way but you are slating people for not wanting to take any more pharmaceuticals..
I suspect your not a teenager  - most are when they get given  accutane.
You are entitled to go to a doctor and be safe - that has not been the case for most people on this forum.
Yes, I do believe that  someone should be held accountable  for destroying young peoples lives but more than anything I want young people protected in the future.
Signing emails! Thanks to everyone who took the time to email PRAC - the PIL is getting up-dated to include erectile  dysfunction and diminished
libido. You obviously don't care about future victims and I am not for one minute suggesting it is enough but it is a start and hopefully it will at least get young people to directly look this side effect up, 
Sound to me like you want everyone else to take risks by taking dangerous drugs  to pave a safe way forward for yourself.
Don't use others on this forum to do your dirty work for you.
If you have gynecomastia you need your hormones tested - namely estrogen. It's totally irreverent what other peoples test result are.

And don't you dare tell me to take a seat you moron - you haven't got the slightest idea about my situation so don't make judgements on it.

"Moron" HAHA

I've found out more about the destruction of this drug being a year post tane than you have your entire time being here. So, like I said... take a backseat cause you'll never know what we're going through. 

"You are entitled to go to a doctor and BE SAFE"

Do you even KNOW what you're spewing?! Edited by Colinboko

16 minutes ago, Colinboko said:
"Moron" HAHA

I've found out more about the destruction of this drug being a year post tane than you have your entire time being here. So, like I said... take a backseat cause you'll never know what we're going through. 

Do you even KNOW what you're spewing?!
Like I said - MORON

42 minutes ago, hatetane said:
59 minutes ago, Colinboko said:
"Moron" HAHA

Do you even KNOW what you're spewing?!
Like I said - MORON
Not even worthy of a response

I also just turned 22 in September... still young... Edited by Colinboko

C'mon guys, we're better than this aren't we!!

We absolutely are entitled to go to a doctor and feel safe no matter what condition you have!!

It is a doctors "duty of care" to help the patient, not to harm them or at the very least arm the patient with all the information available- we weren't given all the right info, so yes to "BE SAFE" whilst seeing a doctor - no doubt about it, that should go without saying....

I value everyone's comments on forum and I guess I'm guilty too of saying some dumb stuff at times, a bit of thought and respect behind the comments is the best approach going forward yeah...

We've all got enough shit to deal with without hanging more off each other!!

1 person likes this

CBD oil has been fantastic this entire week. Dreaming on a daily basis (pleasant), I am up to about 7-8mg a day. Its great. Best anti inflammatory ever. This stuff should be in everyone's medicine cabinet.

6 minutes ago, macleod said:

CBD oil has been fantastic this entire week. Dreaming on a daily basis (pleasant), I am up to about 7-8mg a day. Its great. Best anti inflammatory ever. This stuff should be in everyone's medicine cabinet.

Have you got the underground stuff or is it more commercial?

If commercial pls provide the company and which one you've got?

Great that it's providing relief!!

1 hour ago, macleod said:

with THC or without?

1 hour ago, TrueJustice said:

Have you got the underground stuff or is it more commercial?

If commercial pls provide the company and which one you've got?

Great that it's providing relief!!

all commercial. all legal, since it does not contain the psychoactive THC substance. I found the best site in terms of pricing + quality to be cbdpure.com - I am almost finished with the first 100mg bottle and will be going up to the 300 mg more concentrated next week.

i've also been sharing some with my dogs and they love the taste.

it's very sad to see people give their dogs antibiotics or other drugs without hesitation because it comes from a vet, but are weary of a natural substance, god forbid, that can provide some benefits. it's a backwards way of thinking, truly.

At the very least we can be thankful of having learned a valuable lesson in life ourselves through first hand experience and can help others enjoy their lives as they should.

32 minutes ago, draci said:
with THC or without?

without thc. if it contains THC then it turns into what is called Rick Simpson Oil. Which is way stronger, more concentrated, recommended for people with tumors/cancer etc. However it will get you super stoned + it's illegal, so you have to make it yourself or find someone. i would def try it if i could find it. Edited by macleod

18 hours ago, tanedout said:

But the estrogen issue is kind of explained in that theory like I posted earlier.

1) you've taken accutane (acts as a 'progestin' - synthetic progesterone, so you effectively have really high progesterone when taking it
2) your body 'down regulates' the receptor sites because there is loads of progesterone
3) you come off the drug and suddenly there is not loads of progesterone, but the receptor sites remain down-regulated
4) your body produces extra progesterone because it's can't utilise it because the receptor sites have remained down regulated
5) The extra progesterone being produced is blocking estrogen receptors and making DHT insensitive
6) you in effect have a hormone imbalance 

So these guys are going with the theory that you need to 'normalise/up-regulate' the progesterone receptor sites, so they're;

1) taking an anti-progesterone which reduces the amount of progesterone 
2) receptors are forced to up regulate/increase because they're like "hey where's all the progesterone?"
3) you come off the anti-progesterone drug, and the receptors remain upregulated
4) balance of progesterone, estrogen, DHT is restored (or at the very least your body has a shot at restoring this balance at this point)

THere's more at play obviously, that's just a simplistic view and obviously it's just a theory. But I think it makes sense. I'm getting progesterone tested but it's not easy getting this tested as a guy, so I'm having to go via an online clinic and pretend to be a women. 

I think the relationship between progesterone, estrogen and DHT/testosterone is worth exploring, on the basis that we have potentially taken a 'progestin' (accutane). 

Really good post.
i have some RSO as backup. 
Im up for the trail.

my memory is my biggest thing, reduced erect size, low libido and of course chronic fatigue. I am always tired.

lets do this, can you give me the links with the most up to date thread? 
I will do a trail

2 hours ago, Walden Rev said:

Really good post.
i have some RSO as backup. 
Im up for the trail.

my memory is my biggest thing, reduced erect size, low libido and of course chronic fatigue. I am always tired.

lets do this, can you give me the links with the most up to date thread? 
I will do a trail
Hi Walden - are you saying you are going to trial progesterone?
Are you going to get tested first?
I spoke to Haidut from the RayPete forum - He has been looking at accutane and PFS for many years. For low T and E( many of you have High E) he  recommended pregnenolone and DHEA. Pregnenolone is a precursor to Preogesterone and it may be better to look at that instead.

Sorry, I know guys probably know all this already but for anyone who doesn't there are many youtube videos with really explain it all and it makes sense that we all have a basic understanding of how things work.
https://www.yourhormones.com/proper-use-of-hormone-precursors/

I assume that everyone knows that PFS are alloprenanolone deficient 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopregnanolone

This is why we all need to support Rxisk. I know everyone is short of funds etc but try and sell something or get your families to fundraise together.

When the Accutane side effects hit me , the biggest problelms were: cognitive function and memory. Basically slurred speech, brain fog, short and long term memory issues.

Has anyone gone down the road of nootropics in enhancing these disruptions?

Obviously dopamine pops up all the time. Im trying L-tyrosine and Bacopa at the moment to see how my memory gets. At the moment its quite bad. A few years ago it was horrendous. I remember somedays I couldnt remember what day it was, what month it was, and sometimes even had to think for a few seconds about what year it was. Memories with friends vanishes etc. Im only touching the surface with these new experiments, but considering we are nearly 14,000 posts in here, and with no clear understanding of how Accutane effects can be reversed, what's the harm with going down this route?

TL;DR:   Anyone had any success with nootropics for cognitive/memory issues

food for thought etc.

Edited by Iamme.

Yes I have major brain fog too, severe tiredness etc but no experience with Nootropics as of yet.

The post above yours looks interesting, not to dismiss nootropics but the relationship between Testosterone/Estrogen/Progesterone etc seems like it could hold a key or two with cognitive function!!

Im looking into Pregnenolone for sure!!

Edited by TrueJustice