Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob22

100% Hemp Oil OIL CONDITIONING METHOD

52 posts in this topic

I tried OCM for months with various combinations of olive, castor, hemp and coconut oils and it got me thinking, any oil/fat/wax will dissolve sebum in your skin. Even animal fats like butter or bacon grease! Perhaps what is important then is how comedogenic the oils are. What good is cleaning the pores if they're just going to get clogged right away?

My method is wash face with soap and water to clean. Wash the soap quickly as soap is basic and leaving it on can raise the pH of the skin. Regular OCM might be rubbing sweat, dirt, etc. into the pores which while they do not "cause" acne--the acne bacteria does--it provides a habitat for that bacteria to thrive. I'm also concerned too much massaging could spread bacteria around and irritate already infected areas.

After washing, rub hemp oil into the skin and pat off excess with a wet or dry towel. Repeat if this extracts a lot of sebum. Finally, apply a thin layer as a moisturizer/nourisher. Keep hemp oil in the fridge if possible, and use a fresh amount from the bottle each time to avoid contaminating the supply with bacteria.

Hemp oil supposedly has a comedogenicity rating of 0. It also contains essential fatty acids in the almost exact ratio that human beings require, so in theory it should help skin heal itself quicker.

Comedogenicity of other popular oils: http://beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figu...nic-rating.html

olive oil - rating of 2

coconut oil - rating of 4 and slightly irritating to the skin

jojoba oil - rating of 2

castor oil - rating of 1

mineral oil - rating of 0

vitamin e - rating of 2

So even Castor Oil and Vitamin E might be comedogenic. I personally found Castor Oil drying and Coconut Oil caused breakouts, though everyone's biology is different.

Watch out for overwashing, even just water removes skin oil and can dry out or disrupts skin's pH. Clean towels, hats, and sheets frequently. Using too many topical products may be counterproductive.

Vegetable oils don't provide UV protection; UV light breaks them down. Use sunscreen. Though a study showed that olive oil (Tree Tea Oil was also studied and had no effect) helps heal UV induced skin tumors when painted on mice after UV exposure. So Olive Oil mixed with hemp oil may be a good combination.

AM:

* Wash with Dr. Bronner's soap, apply SuperCP serum and then hemp seed oil on damaged areas

* Apply physical sunblock when going outside

* Wash razor with Isopropyl Alcohol after shaving (eliminates razor burn)

PM:

* Wash with Dr. Bronner's, LacSam serum on damaged areas, wait 30 to 60 minutes, apply SuperCP serum on damaged areas, followed by thin layer of hemp oil, patting excess oil with dry towel

Supplements: multivitamin

What You Need for a Youthful and Blemish-free Skin...http://reverseskinaging.com/industry1.html

Not many products.

* A skin remodeling cream that helps remove damaged proteins and replace them with new proteins.

* An exfoliating product to help remove older skin cells and skin blemishes.

* A pure-oil moisturizer such as emu oil, squalane, or olive oil. Cosmetic moisturizers that wet the skin look good but damage skin like irritants.

* A very mild soap for cleansing.

Oh this is the first time I hear about hemp oil, how long have you been using it? I have tried other kinds of oil such as jojoba, coconut, and castor oil with the end result of clogged pores. I might try this.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Low fat, Moderate carbs, estrogenic boosting diet, green smoothies.

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Oatmeal-honey-vitaminb6 mask, rinse with water after 30 mins.

Night:

Very short wash with oatmeal soap at night. Topical vitamin C(homemade serum with war honey).

Spot treat with tea tree oil or zinc oxide ointment.

I'm on day 5 of hemp oil so far. The oil seems to extract comedones each time I use it, and I have no new comedones or pimples. Existing blemishes seem to be healing as well. The oil leaves a velvety feel on the skin as well. The only downside so far is the smell; it's nutty and grassy. It's not bad smelling, just not the greatest smell.

AM:

* Wash with Dr. Bronner's soap, apply SuperCP serum and then hemp seed oil on damaged areas

PM:

* Wash with Dr. Bronner's, LacSam serum on damaged areas, wait 30 to 60 minutes, apply SuperCP serum on damaged areas, followed by thin layer of hemp oil, patting excess oil with dry towel

What You Need for a Youthful and Blemish-free Skin...http://reverseskinaging.com/industry1.html

Not many products.

* A skin remodeling cream that helps remove damaged proteins and replace them with new proteins.

* A pure-oil moisturizer such as emu oil, squalane, or olive oil. Cosmetic moisturizers that wet the skin look good but damage skin like irritants.

I'm a bit scared of trying oil again on my face, but this one really seems worth a shot, so I'm gonna try it but just in one side of my face, just in the morning and will report back how it goes.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

Very short wash with oatmeal soap at night. Topical vitamin C(homemade serum with war honey).

Good luck; I hope it will work well for you!

Just to add some more to my line of thought, my current theory is that comedogenicity is perhaps an extremely important factor in topical products. Maybe acne prone people are sensitive to comedogenicity? So I'm thinking to only use products that have a no comedogenicity, such as hemp oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, aloe, mineral oil, etc. From what I understand, scientists measure comedogenicity by applying an ingredient to the inside of bunny's ears for 4 weeks, and using a microscope to count the number of comedones.

And also not use Vitamin E or Olive Oil topically. Instead consume them, as being in the bloodstream should be nutritionally sufficient. Also important is irritation factor. Rubbing alcohol is not comedogenic but is very irritating.

Link to ratings: http://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-...nic-rating.html

AM:

PM:

Not many products.

Oh this is the first time I hear about hemp oil, how long have you been using it? I have tried other kinds of oil such as jojoba, coconut, and castor oil with the end result of clogged pores. I might try this.

For what it's worth, I've tried jojoba oil, olive oil, hemp oil, and grapeseed oil, and hemp oil is the only oil so far that actually seems to help my skin and not clog pores.

AM:

PM:

Not many products.

For what it's worth, I've tried jojoba oil, olive oil, hemp oil, and grapeseed oil, and hemp oil is the only oil so far that actually seems to help my skin and not clog pores.

Oh that is good to hear then, I have had no good experiences with oils so will see how it goes with this one :)

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

OK I have officially started this method today. I will report back how it goes, so far I haven't seen any good or bad reaction, it does feels like it absorbs very well and it doesn't leave the face oily and I already have oily skin so that should be good because jojoba always left me with oily look.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

It's been one week now. Last night a few more blackheads came out. I showered this morning and conditioned with hemp oil, and could only count one blackhead remaining. Blemishes are improving too.

AM:

PM:

Not many products.

I'll be following this thread! I've been interested in oils since they contain so much good stuff for our face, and are so cheap. I'm waiting for some argan oil to come in the mail, and I am also interested in hemp seed as well as tamanu oil. I found out the other day that my scar treatment cream actually contains both tamanu and argan oil. Hemp seed would be the cheapest of them all, with non gmo organic cold pressed hemp seed oil being about 8-12 dollars on vitacost for 8-24 ounces!

I'm on my 4th day now with hemp oil, I want to add that I'm also using a bit as moisturizer, I don't use any moisturizer and winter has my skin a bit drier than normal. Hemp oil feels really good as moisturizer and doesn't leave my oily skin feeling oilier than it would normally be. Redness on the side my nose seems to be getting better, not sure yet but I have been taking pictures so hopefully I can see the progress better.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

I'm on my 4th day now with hemp oil, I want to add that I'm also using a bit as moisturizer, I don't use any moisturizer and winter has my skin a bit drier than normal. Hemp oil feels really good as moisturizer and doesn't leave my oily skin feeling oilier than it would normally be. Redness on the side my nose seems to be getting better, not sure yet but I have been taking pictures so hopefully I can see the progress better.

Keep us updated! I'm looking forward to seeing how the hemp oil works out for you. Personally, I'm liking it more and more each day. It seems to work as both a moisturizer and an acne fighter. In fact, it works so well that I've been able to gradually remove other products from my regimen without my skin freaking out. I'm using almost nothing but hemp oil now.

5th Day: It's going good I think, no big improvements but at least my skin is getting a bit more moisturized. I started on this having a bad week with some new pimples in the form that I have gotten in a while but they were there before starting this. It seems to help with inflammation, I can't say for sure because I'm spot treating them with mint julep mask as well, but it hasn't worsen them and I don't think this oil will clog my pores. I will keep a closer eye to it but I'm liking how it feels on my skin.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

13 days now. Pimples and blackheads are all gone! I also really like the moisturizing feel!

Just have some red marks remaining where pimples ruptured the surface, so it'll probably take a few months for those to fade.

AM:

PM:

Not many products.

I just put in an order for some hemp oil, so hopefully it turns out to be as great as it sounds. I've been using coconut oil (VCO) for about a week and seems to be OK, but started to get whiteheads and slight redness on or around day 3. It seems to have calmed now so I may just use the coconut oil for cooking since it has a higher temp threshold compared to others, has a longer shelf life, and is 100% lower in cholesterol than many of the other veggie oils. The VCO will also be good as a body moisturizer too, so with all that I will at least not waste anything. I'm looking to have a better experience with hemp oil to eliminate bumps and redness, so I'll also update when I can.

8th day, it's going pretty good so far i think hemp oil has helped with my few inflamed pimples a bit, it keeps me hydrated which is basically what I wanted the oil for. No clogged pores from it. So far no complains although i was expecting it to help more with redness but I think is also too soon for that. I have been taking pics so I might post some soon.

LuN3yDaV3, coconut oil did exactly that to me when I started it, and I kept on it for longer, big mistake, it really caused me big time break outs, jojoba oil had a pretty similar effect.

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

Luisa, I believe this morning was the last time I'll use coconut oil on my face. I don't know if it was because I skipped taking my vitamins yesterday or a combination of the coconut oil, but my skin was crap today. I even called off work because I just didn't want to face people today at the office. Also because it is Friday and I didn't have anything to do anyway LOL.

I used jojoba oil before as well as suggested by Dan, and it broke me out. I also tried it as a lip balm but I would get little bumps around my lips. So I have a half bottle of jojoba that will never get used (and that stuff was expensive). My hemp oil is supposed to be here today so this will be day one of using it. Hoping for the best as well.

I also had very bad breakout from using virgin coconut oil. It seems to be okay moisturizer on hands and other areas though. I woudn't use it on the face or upper body. Coconut oil is 47% lauric acid, which is highly comedogenic.

AM:

PM:

Not many products.

Yep I tried the coconut oil on my upper back this morning for the first time. When I get dry skin on my shoulders and back I usually just use regular lotion. I can now feel a bump coming in dang it.

What I'm wondering now is if there are similar adverse side affects such as breakouts if you take the coconut oil internally? I would think the stomach breaks up the oil better than your skin. Any ideas?

LuN3yDaV3,

Coconut oil is a healthy fat, but if you are going to use it as part of your diet I would also keep in mind the rest of saturated fat that you are eating. We all need this type of fat but I find that if I go overboard with saturated fats I get my dreaded break out around the time of the month even worse!!.

This is different for everyone, I think some people can handle more fat on their diets than others. So the best thing I guess would be to start adding it slowly. In total I have no more than a tablespoon a day, but I also get other type of fats like olive oil, and I eat a lot salmon and some omega 3 eggs.

PS: Coconut oil tastes awesome on a slice of toasted bread :).

My Regimen:

Diet:

Supplements

P-5-P 50mg

Topical:

Morning:

Night:

Coconut oil is 47% lauric acid, which is highly comedogenic.

It helps to keep reading forums like this and actual skin health sites as opposed to product websites. For example, take a look at this first site and see how they praise coconut oil and lauric acid for both internally and externally.

Coconut Oil and Acne - Lauric Acid

Then look at this site that shows how much lauric acid is comedogenic (4 out of 5 on the scale of Comedogenicity, 5 being BAD!)

Comedogenicity of Various Substances

I think some people can handle more fat on their diets than others. So the best thing I guess would be to start adding it slowly. In total I have no more than a tablespoon a day, but I also get other type of fats like olive oil, and I eat a lot salmon and some omega 3 eggs.

PS: Coconut oil tastes awesome on a slice of toasted bread :).

I'll end the thread hijacking here by saying I have been slowly taking VCO internally. I've made eggs with it, put it in oatmeal and even on toast. I'll continue to eat it with foods, but stop with applying it topically. I've also been taking fish oil capsules along with a multi vitamin, extra vitamin C, E, and zinc and just started using olive oil for cooking instead of vegetable.

Still waiting for my hemp...should be here shortly :)

It helps to keep reading forums like this and actual skin health sites as opposed to product websites. For example, take a look at this first site and see how they praise coconut oil and lauric acid for both internally and externally.

Then look at this site that shows how much lauric acid is comedogenic (4 out of 5 on the scale of Comedogenicity, 5 being BAD!)

hey sry didnt read those articles, but which is it then? :confused:

hey sry didnt read those articles, but which is it then? :confused:

Lauric Acid = Very Comedogenic. I'd make sure any other products you are using don't have the other ingredients listed on the 2nd link that show high comedogenicity.