bad results from fractional co2 laser treatment

Started by leeann leeann

7 posts in this topic

I had fractional co2 laser treatment 3 weeks ago for acne scars. I only had scars on my right cheek and the left side of my chin. I had never heard of rolling acne scars until now because after my laser treatment my whole face in covered in them. It seems like a new scar pops up every 2 days. I have Crohns disease and can't work right now so I borrowed the three thousand dollars for my treatment from my sister. I can honestly say I feel like my life is over and can't stand to look in the mirror. I don't feel like living anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if I can be helped. I would appreciate any suggestions. Please help ......

Moved to the Light/laser acne treatments forum. The Announcements and feedback forum is for discussing technical issues on the boards.

FabianL reacted to this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

oh my .. i am so sorry this happened to you. THis is the reason that I am so afraid to try laser resurfacing ... I can empathasize with what you might be going through but really have no suggestions for now. Let your skin heal ... it will take a few months as you well know and you very well may see improvement as your skin remodels itself. Please keep us updated on your progress. What has your treating physician said about your situation?

also .. you will probably get way more responses if you post this in the scar forum.

Hi can u please let us know what laser was used.

What does yr Dr have to say !!~!

B kind 2 yr self, it will improve.

also .. you will probably get way more responses if you post this in the scar forum.

Oops...my bad. You're right. I'll move it there.

FabianL reacted to this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

Strange you got more scars from fractional. I had it done and it was a waste of money because it just didn't do anything for my scars. I did not even see a 10% depth reduction, even when combined with subcision, even on my newest, freshest scars I got a year ago. I do not feel like continuing given the extreme cost, so I am thiinking of revisiting silicone microdroplet. I will try the vastly more expereinced dr Resnick for this once I move to miami next week. For me, treating acne scarring has just been a losing battle. I can't seem to figure out why and when I get an occasional cyst and why it always leaves a permanent depressed scar that no multi-thousand dollar treatment can eradicate. My scarring just keeps getting worse. I don't just get the small little divots, I get those big, scooped out, saucers that you can see from 5 feet away in the light. Just got a big new one under my right ear earlier this year. It downright sucks, and i've struggled with the extreme lows/mirror/light reflections for over 10 years now, and the depression is escalating as my skin continues to scar and look worse in the light. People without this chronic condition just don't know how lucky they are, and to those who had acne and avoided scarring, man you just dodged a lethal bullet. It's eternal misery for me.

As a side note, I've had a resurgence of depression over my scars when last week I had lunch with an old neighbor I had growing up. I was hiding my face, as I usually do, around my critical mother and the lady kept asking me why I was hiding my face. My mother blurted out that it was because of my scarring and the lady said she did not see any scarring, which initially made me feel so muich better. Unfortunately, when I stepped outside as we were leaving the restaurant and faced her in the light she then understood what I was talking about, and made a gratuitous remark about the scarring making me more rugged-looking, which infuriated me even more. After all that money on Deep FX, even others can still see my scarring vivdly. Can't I just cut the scars out myself and be left with a long keloid instead? My frustration has been turning into anger recently.

Edited by ylem

It has not personally happened to me, but the exact things you are saying has happened to another lady on here that I keep in touch with. Her username is 'Prague' http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Prague-m125812.html -You should message her; she may be able to help you since now her scars from laser treatment have been getting better. There are forums out there with hundreds of people that have had laser damage. It's very unfortunate and I feel for you. I'm very sorry this has happened, but things will get better, even if they get worse at first.