Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facial Scrubs bad?

Started by AustinReed AustinReed

5 posts in this topic

Yup. I got a terrible breakout bc I decided to use this scrub that was really too harsh for my skin. If you scrub with something like crushed aspirin or baking soda you might get better results with less risk, but no guarantees. Bottom line: You have to be super gentle whatever you do.

<3 :) <3

Facial scrubs tend to be overly-abrasive and can further irritate the inflammations on the skin. It also tends to exfoliate unevenly. If you're planning on using a scrub, use it only 1-2 times a week and be very gentle when massaging it into the skin. I doubt it will create more acne breakouts, but it certainly can make it worse if not used properly.

AM + PM

Paula's Choice:

- Skin Balancing Cleanser + Toner

- 2% BHA Liquid

- Blemish Treatment, 2.5% BP

- Super Antioxidant Concentrate

- Skin Balancing Moisture Gel

AM

- Ultra-Light Weightless Finish SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray

Facial scrubs that have uneven particles (such as apricot pits, crushed) will indeed cause an increased breakout as they actually tear holes in your skin, allowing bacteria to enter and thus cause more acne.

I do not like or approve of baking soda scrubs unless you mix the baking soda with apple cider vinegar (not water as water is pH neutral, vinegar is acidic, and baking soda is basic). Baking soda scrubs can lead to dry, irritated, cracking skin as you disrupt the natural acid mantle of your skin.

The best scrubs for most people are made with gentle spherical shapes (don't know which those would be offhand as I cannot use that type of scrub myself), crushed aspirin, or even a baby's hair brush (which I myself love greatly!)

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

:blink:

Can facial scrubs actually give u acne(or make it worse) rather then help it?

~Pick free since May 1 2008~

My regimen:

Morning:

• ReVive Cleanser Gentil Gellee
  • ReVive Toner Preparatif
  • ReVive Serum Protectif
  • ReVive Sensitif Cellular Repair Cream SPF15
  • StriVectin-SD eye cream
    • ReVive Cleanser Gentil Gellee
    • ReVive Toner Preparatif
    • ReVive Moisturising Renewal Cream
    • StriVectin-SD eye cream