Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BENEFITS OF JOJOBA OIL AND CASTOR OIL

Started by pocahontas21 pocahontas21

10 posts in this topic

I love the Oil Cleansing Method and I just wanted to share this info. with you guys:

Here is the information on JOJOBA OIL:

Pure Jojoba Oil can be used to assist in fighting wrinkles and extra dry and old skin as well as skin plagued with many other ailments or problems. It assists in minimizing lines and wrinkles and will actually help rejuvenating the skin and new cell growth as well sorting out problem skin, without clogging the skin with greasy mess.

It is suspected that jojoba oil "tricks" the skin into stopping the production of sebum through somehow mimicking sebum. This also means that jojoba oil will assist in breaking down sebum in plugged-up pores. Sebum and jojoba oil will mix readily without sealing off the skin pores.

Dermatologists have also reported jojoba oil's non-irritating use for acne. Other materials such as mineral oil can cause anaerobic microbial growth and inflammation redness and swelling in and around pores. Jojoba oil will not cause blackheads that contribute to acne.

As a result jojoba oil and sebum will form a non-greasy, non-tacky layer with exceptional trans-epidermal water control. How great, jojoba oil will therefore assist in fighting wrinkles as well as dry, or oily skin.

Sperm whale oil was used for decades as an oil for fighting wrinkles. Jojoba oil is composed of liquid wax esters which makes up 25 - 30% of our skin's surface layer called sebum. As we age our rate of wax esters production steadily decreases, particularly in women. It has been reported that jojoba oil also has the ability to retard sebum excretion in people with oily skins.

Professor Zille of Port Elizabeth University carried out further studies on the anti-bacterial effects of jojoba oil and the results were presented at a Coshem Congress held at Mintek. Tests at Michigan University showed that five of the most common skin bacteria plus certain skin fungi couldn't survive in jojoba oil.

Studies on jojoba oil at the University of Michigan supports the conclusion that 5 of the most common bacteria, including staphylococcus aureus and pseudomonas aeruginosus as well as the fungus candida albicans were not capable of growing in jojoba oil.

The medicinal working of jojoba oil was studied at the Pharmaceutical Department at the University of Port Elizabeth and found that jojoba oil destroys the bacteria staphylococcus and pseudomonas within 1 hour and 15 minutes. Studies on jojoba oil at the Ben Gurion University in Israel have shown that jojoba oil relieves the symptoms of psoriases.

Here is the information on CASTOR OIL:

When castor oil is absorbed through the skin, several extraordinary events take place. The lymphocyte count of the blood increases. This is a result of a positive influence on the thymus gland and/or lymphatic tissue.

Rubbed or Massaged Directly Into the Skin

For several conditions I'll mention later, the oil can simply be rubbed into the skin. It can also be used as a massage oil which seems to be especially effective when applied along the spinal column. If the oil is massaged into the body, the direction of the massage should always follow the same path as the underlying Iymphatic drainage system. The diagram below shows the proper direction to massage the oil and further facilitate lymphatic drainage. [Vater and Asdonk, Gesaltschaft for Manuelle Lymph Drainage (Essen, Germany).]

Conditions Responding to Topical Application

Amazing results can be obtained by simply applying it directly to the skin. The following is a short list of some of the more common ailments it can remedy:

skin keratosis

ringworm

fungal and bacterial infections

wounds

abdominal stretch marks (prevention)

bursitis

sebaceous cysts

warts

senile lentigo ("liver" or "aging" spots)

muscle strains

ligament sprains

itching

Info from:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive...hp/t-93134.html

and

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Naturopath...s/CastorOil.htm

MY REGIMEN:

(Since 2/11/08)

MORNING:

Gently cleanse with water

Moisturize with Complex 15

EVENING:

Gently cleanse with Purpose Face Wash

My Log

Beauty is not in the face;

beauty is a light in the heart."

-Khalil Gibran

Thanks pocahontas21 for the big information!

I am thinking on buying jojoba oil sooner as possible. Great to read this ;) Thanks

MY REGIMEN:

(Since 2/11/08)

MORNING:

Gently cleanse with water

EVENING:

Gently cleanse with Purpose Face Wash

My Log

Beauty is not in the face;

beauty is a light in the heart."

-Khalil Gibran

thanks, i needed to know that, will get some jojaba oil this week-end and give it a try.

gl0ry11_realdesmond@yahoo.co.uk

My name is glory i saw your profile

today at www.acne.org and became intrested in you,i

will also like to know you more,and

if you can send an email to my email

address,i will give you my pictures

here is my email address

(gl0ry11_realdesmond@yahoo.co.uk) I believe we

can move from here! Awaiting for your

mail to my emai1_ address above.

Miss glory

PLS PLS CONTACT ME DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL

(gl0ry11_realdesmond@yahoo.co.uk)

I don't use jojoba consistently, but I just thought I'd add that I have never got a break-out following use of jojoba oil. If you haven't tried it, don't be scared!

It is suspected that jojoba oil "tricks" the skin into stopping the production of sebum through somehow mimicking sebum.

That, of course, is a RIDICULOUS claim to make about jojoba oil. I don't think you'll find any serious doctors, dermatologists, or scientists who would say such a strange thing. It's perfectly fine to say that jojoba oil kills or suppresses the growth of various species of bacteria or fungi (assuming that that _is_ the case), but leave the silliness about "mimicking sebum" out of it.

I started this about a week ago, and my face is still purging (whiteheads). So, how much purging should i expect? Do you think I should stop this method? I have fair skin.

I oil cleanse periodically and whenever I have makeup to remove. Otherwise I just use water. But I never experienced any of the miracles other people have described like blackheads popping out before my eyes.

It also doesn't have to be jojoba oil. All kinds of plant oils will do. I've used jojoba, but when that ran out, I just use the EVOO and/or grape seed that I keep on hand for cooking.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!