Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HopeAlight

Cetaphil moisturizing cream or Dan's CSRG staining shirt collars?

4 posts in this topic

Is Cetaphil staining my shirts or is it the benzoyl peroxide (Dan's CSRG)? I'm very careful not to get any benzyol around my neck having read stain warning but the Cetaphil I have to use there as my skin gets dry from shaving, what's going on?

Thanks.

Is Cetaphil staining my shirts or is it the benzoyl peroxide (Dan's CSRG)? I'm very careful not to get any benzyol around my neck having read stain warning but the Cetaphil I have to use there as my skin gets dry from shaving, what's going on?

Thanks.

It's definitely the BP.

BP is known to bleach things.

[sig-img:520]

Started Accutane October 15, 2009

*Claravis

Month 1: 40mg/day

Month 2: 40mg/day (80mg/on Mon, Wed, Fri)

Month 3: 80mg/day

Month 4: 80mg/day

Month 5: 80mg/day

+ Aquaphor, CerAve(AM), Cetaphil moisturizer (PM),

Vitamin E, Fish Oil

Click for my log!

BP has lightened my eyebrows a bit (which doesnt bother me cuz I used to lighten them anyway :D), and even though I dont apply BP over them, my hairdresser says it's cuz your body heat spreads what you put on your skin so that skin you dont even apply it to ends up absorbing it also (something like that). That explains why people's lips & eye areas get dry with BP even if they are careful to avoid them. That could also explain why your shirt collars are being bleached even though you dont apply BP there.

How long do you give BP to dry before dressing? Try applying BP first thing in the morning & wait until the last minute to put your shirt on.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large and clogged pores, very oily, lots of hyper-pigmentation
Current Status: occasional small breakout, some fading red marks, mostly smooth but mild bumpy texture on chin (probably scarring), less greasy, clearer and smaller pores
Other Treatment: Completed 6 treatments of Clear + Brilliant Laser for texture
AM Routine:  Neutrogena Facial Cleaning Towelette or CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser / CosRX BHA Serum / SCULPT Vitamin C Serum / Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream / Spot treat with acne.org AHA lotion as needed  
PM Routine: Banila Clean It Zero Makeup Remover / CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser / CosRX BHA Serum / CosRX AHA Serum / SCULPT Vitamin C Serum / Spot treat with acne.org AHA lotion as needed / Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule / CosRX Advanced Snail All in One Cream 
Supplements: 1x/day, liquids in a cup of juice. Magnesium / Oil of Oregeno / B complex / Dandelion Root Extract / Zinc
Makeup: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Compact Light #1 (spf 55 for daytime); Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Warm #113 (no spf daytime alt); Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition in Ivory (night/photos)

-----
Korean Skincare is the best for the money! Try dandelion root extract - it was THE game changer for me for cystic acne. Vitamin C serum is also underrated for sebum control and preventing infection of breakouts. 

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

I believe it's the lotion. I've been using the acne.org regimen for 8 months and have bleached several shirts via BP. I'm extremely careful about applying BP around my neck, but I do lotion to address the dryness. I notice that the lotion will stain my whites and any light blue cotton shirts I own, especially when I sweat. My 100% polyester shirts, however, won't stain or bleach.