Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Advertised is Accutane?

Started by Matt007 Matt007

4 posts in this topic

Im interested...cuz ive seen dozens of 'wonder creams' and acne blasters.but ive never seen ads for Tane?

Maybe livin in South Africa makes it different... are there adverts overseas ?

It's not advertised at all in the US that I've seen. I think this is because of the side effects and that you have to jump through so many hoops before a derm will prescribe it, since it really is a last resort treatment. There may even be regulations against Roche advertising accutane now, it's unclear, but I feel like the people who would benefit most from knowing about accutane already do know about it because they are either seeing derms right now and just a couplle more failed antibiotics away from 'tane, or too poor to ever afford a derm and the treatment, so it would be pointless to market it to them. I don't think it really needs marketing given this.

Keeping me clear, morning and night: Acne.org Cleanser, Acne.org Jojoba Oil after cleansing but before BP all over face, 1 1/2 pumps of Acne.org benzoyl peroxide, Acne.org moisturizer (morning only), Banana Boat Baby Sunblock SPF 50 (morning only), JASON 5000 IU Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Cream around eyes only, Acne.org AHA+ Acne.org Salicylic Acid+ beta version (night only)<br />

<br />

My advice for Acne.org Regimen beginners - Using jojoba oil as a mask/scrub to remove flakes and moisturize dry skin - Summary of exfoliation methods to try with the regimen<br />

<br />

Not here as often anymore, so for the timeliest advice, post your questions on the forums for the whole community to help out with rather than contacting me directly :)

it isn't advertised direct to patient in the US anymore. they used to have commercials for facefacts.com, which was basically an accutane advertisement. but the website was recently shut down. here is a canadian ad from a couple years ago.

I think that there is probably some government 'deal' being forced upon Roche and other companies so that they can continue making this drug. Imagine how much more successful accutane sales could be if Roche put up advertisements everywhere, and I'm guessing that they know this and just can't do it.