WEEK 6/7 (I skipped a week):
- I finally overcame the majority of that awful hormonal breakout, for the most part && most importantly no spotting/bleeding issues (sorry tmi)
- now that I'm in week 7, I can say that I am overall happy with how zinc has been helping me out with my skin
- the primary improvements are seen in the reduction of hormonal acne around my mouth area which is AMAZING because that's what bothered me the most
- I currently have a few minor cysts on the sides of my face (jawline/under chin) but nothing that seriously bothers me (shown in pics)
- I feel as though my hormones are maybe even a little more stabilized and I'm not as moody/grumpy (which isn't a whole lot to begin with but still)
- skin/hair seem more or less the same as far as oiliness goes, maybe the slightest reduction in it, but nothing to write home about
- I am going to continue this blog until I finish the bottle and then I feel as though I will be able to provide my final thoughts on zinc 30mg (specifically optzinc) and its effects on my acne
- as it stands right now, I think I want to continue taking it, even if it doesn't overall provide massive changes, it's enough to keep me on it!
**provided some pictures from tonight, but they are from my iphone so less quality..
**sometimes I wonder if this blog is even helping anyone out there, I see that it gets some views but this is way less interaction than when I posted my Accutane blog years ago.. *sigh* hopefully I'm helping someone make a decision on whether or not to try zinc
Edited by kimberlyannEMT