I have been so inspired by all the bloggers this week. Today I am so happy because I got my amoxicillin AND my benzaclin (generic of course). Right now I have zero pimples for the sixth month straight. My regimen is as follows:
1. Take three amoxicillin 500mg strength pills. 7:00am
2. Wash face with hibiclens antiseptic soap. Kills P. Acnes on contact and for up to 6 hours later. 7:15am
3. Apply benzaclin twice a day, morning and night. 8:00am and again at 8:00pm
benzaclin is a cream mix of benzoyl peroxide 5% and the topical antibiotic clindamycin 1% strength.
4. Around 3:00pm wash face again with (triclosan) liquid antibacterial soap.
5. Apply tretinoin mixed with clindagel at 3:00pm
Has anyone else experienced this?: when I wash my face, the dead skin is just sloughed off onto my fingertips and it is a lot of dead skin that I can see. I know benzoyl peroxide can exfoliate but so can retin-a which I also use religiously. Anywho...just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this. Let me know.