Since I turned 22, I've suffered from dermatitis and adult acne. Amazingly enough, my skin was crystal clear as a teenager and I'm still struggling to adjust to my new 'skin'.
The past 3-4 days, I've been trying a new skin care regime.
My Skin Care Regime
- Wash twice a day with Dove Beauty Bar.
- Use organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother as a toner, applied directly to skin.
- Wait five minutes, then moisturize with Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action .5% Salicyclic Acid Acne Medication Moisturizer
- At night, apply a light veil of Vaseline over moisturizer and over my severe problem areas where I get most scaly (forehead, folds in sides of nose, and left side of brow)
- Once (or twice, if warranted) a week I bathe in warm water and Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother. I lay on my back and duck my hair down into the bath water, while gently massaging my scalp with my fingertips, I let my hair soak for ten to fifteen minutes. This helps clear up dandruff immensely, and my hair becomes so baby soft!
I've been using the Clean & Clear with Salicyclic Acid Moisturizer for a few months now and haven't seen any dramatic improvement. Today I ordered Dan's Regimen products and will switch to a different moisturizer. After such a long time, it seems safe to say this product, although gentle enough to use, isn't helpful in actually keeping my acne clear.
Some things I am now doing to be proactive about obtaining flawless skin again;
- I drink large quantities of organic green tea with mint daily. The mint helps calm my bowels
- Every other day I take a spoonful of organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother internally
- I use two pillows on my bed and turn the pillow each night; therefore I wash my pillowcases diligently (every four days) to make sure they are always crisp and clean
Day One - Current State of Skin
- Red in my problem areas (forehead, sides of nose, left side of brow)
- Acne spots across forehead and near nose (clusters of at least five or six different red spots on forehead)
I realize I haven't been gentle enough on my skin and had a severe breakout across my forehead and cheeks last night. To combat this, I applied a small amount of Benzamycin (erythromycin 3%-benzoyl peroxide 5% topical gel) to the affected areas.
- Loads of green tea with mint
- An apple & a banana & a carrot for breakfast
- Oatmeal with molasses, with plenty of cinnamon sprinkled on top for antifungal benefits (midlunch)
- Heavier meal at dinner; stew with sirloin steak bits, carrots, potatoes and green beans
- Small portion of enriched white Pasta with spaghetti sauce made from organic tomotoes picked from garden, with chopped peppers, carrots and other veggies sprinkled in
-- I naturally eat like a bird, many small meals throughout the day --
Tomorrow I'm going out to buy some organic kosh whole grain cereal, long grain brown rice, whole grain pasta and some soy milk
.5% Salicyclic Acid is not helping my acne
aaand, I need to be a lot more gentle with my skin!!
We'll see how this progresses ...
- 0 comments
- 166 views