About this blog

Reviews for Products: What I've tried. What has worked. What doesn't work.

Entries in this blog

dancing_butterfly

(I have tried all the acne lines from these names, each for a 4-6 month period.)

THESE LINES DO NOT HELP WITH THE HEALING OF SEVERE ACNE.

1. VICHY (no difference)

2. NEOSTRATA (too harsh on skin)

3. KINERASE (no difference)

4. CLEAN AND CLEAR (made skin more oily)

5. CHANEL (good matte products, but did not get rid of acne)

6. CLINIQUE (only 2 good products/ 1 pending)*

7. BIOTHERM (no difference)

8. CLARINS (no difference)

9. PROACTIV (clear for 2.5 years, then it all came back)

10. MURAD Acne Complex (acne actually got worse)

11. ROC (wonderful first 3 weeks, terrible flaking and pain in skin after)

12. L'OREAL Anti-Aging (good for clear skin, but not for acne)

MEDICATIONS: Minocin (nothing happened)

PROFESSIONAL SYSTEMS: TANDA BLUE LIGHT (nothing happened, helped them shrink, but not go away, to even see that it took 35 days to start to see results)

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

M

dancing_butterfly

Hello. I have tried many things over the years, and I definately know that these ingredients have made my skin WORSE.

I am in my mid 20s, suffering from acne for the last 13 years.

The LIST:

-ALCOHOL (most toners actually have this, any sort of form of alcohol is bad and an irratation)

-TOOTHPASTE (it has floride in it, which cleans your teeth, not your zits!)

-OIL (any product that does not contain the words 'oil-free' in their listing) *4 exceptions

-PERFUME/ FRAGRANCE (really bad irratation) *1 exception

-TOPICAL VITAMIN E by itself (makes your face so much more oily, no healing valued seen)

-RETINOL (ouch, peeling, hurting skin, and I dont even go in the sun!)

*Exception no1: OIL PRODUCTS

-My foundation, TEINTE INNOCENCE by CHANEL (highly recommended for oily, dry, normal, skin)

-My serum, OMEGA 3 & 6 COMPLEX by SONYA DAKAR (highly amazing!!! except its far away in LA)

-My new serum to replace the above, DR. HAUSCHKA NORMALIZING OIL (wonderful, but use it in small amounts!!)

-My primer, SMASHBOX FOUNDATION PRIMER (one of the most amazing normalizers for your skin!)

*Exception no2: PERFUME PRODUCTS

-My wipes after I work out, MAC WIPES (they contain a small amount of perfume, but hey, all my makeup is removed and my face is clean, not dry, and feels good)

*************

The reason why I know these are exceptions is because there was a point in my life where I was acne free for 1 year, and I was still using these products:)

HAVE A NICE DAY!