I've been lurking on acne.org for about three years and finally joined it. I feel knowledge is power, the more experiences available online on a drug like accutane can only help. Hopefully you can relate to myself, possible reading this in a couple of years and can gather hope from it.
- 21 year old male from Glasgow, Scotland
- Had acne for 3 & 1/2 years
- Moderate acne
- Both cheeks seem to be always covered with scarring and new spots
- Lots of blackheads on nose
- lots of whiteheads around nose and under lip
- Tried many private/public medicines in the past, all have failed
- Started accutane 10 days ago
- 30 mg per day
- One month course initially, then moving up in dosage for another two months (Three months in total)
I just finished an Economics degree at University, but my life was a nightmare in the sense that I could barely lift my head up and go to classes. Psychologically and mentally, acne is incredibly demanding and it took its toll when I was practically on my knees for accutane.
I have read many blogs, most seem to be female which is difficult for a male to relate to because of the different hormone patterns and general biology.
Since this my first post, hopefully looking back on this in a few months I can see hope or improvement. I need my life back, acne has taken so much away form me.
If you're reading this, then there's a fair chance you'll be researching other people's experiences on the 'tane, as the cool people call it.
I hope you well, I hope you gain something from this blog and I hope you also fight acne successfully.