Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Reviews

Brand: Maybelline

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Why did they change a perfect product!

Why did they change this product! I used Dream matt mousse for 10 years was funtastic now they changed the product by adding different colours. Not the same colours as before and added SPF etc... The product now gives me spots. I did not have a problem prior to the change. I would of given this product 5 stars previously but now I can't. Not satisfied.

Very Cakey

I purchased this foundation with hopes that it would cover what needed to be covered without looking cakey. Tried it and got rid of it in a single day. It's very cakey; even when you apply a small amount, and actually makes imperfections worse then they were before. If you had little to no acne then the product might work better, but definitely not if you have a lot of imperfections.

Always come back

I have never been able to use liquid foundations, bc I feel like I have a mask on- or like my skin can't.. Breathe. Whatever. So, before there was mineral makeup all over drugstore shelves, I tried this mousse foundation. For some reason I switched to mineral powders, & recently bought another jar of this bc I haven't been happy w the powder. I use retinA at nite & felt like my skin got too dry throughout day. This did the trick. Note: if u have dry patches, this will make them stick out! However, keeps skin looking smooth & non itchy all day. If you have very oily skin, may not b for you. Just rem, a LITTLE goes a LONG way! One of the reasons I love it. I just want a little something over concealer to even skin tone. Don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup. Apply w fingers is best. Too much on & u will look cakey or like an Oompa Loompa! But if I apply too much, I just keep rubbing in, blending to other areas & it's fine.

Comments

It's ok, I guess, if you have nice skin

Nice matte effect Decent coverage It rubs off on everything Matte effect does not last, especially with oily skin Not many colors I used this for a couple of years on a consistent basis. I purchased it because I have oily skin and I will give a try to anything that promises to "mattify" my face. Well, it goes on smoothly and the shade Medium 2.5 was a perfect match for my skin, but the matte effect only lasts for a little while and then I had to resort to touch-ups/powder/blotting. It does offer decent coverage but it tends to rub off on everything, hats, carves, other people's clothes (embarrassing). It did not make me break out more than usual. However I would not recommend it because it doesn't stay on! Unless you have nice skin that rarely breaks out and is not oily, this would seem like it could work for you.

'Cakey', thick and pore-clogging

Well, I suppose it covered my face...just in the wrong way. A very unnatural finish, "cakey" and thick Not acne-friendly! I bought this a couple of years ago, and as soon as I started using it, I stopped almost immediately. It was the worst foundation I have used; the mousse-like consistency is not appealing once applied to the face, as it leaves a "cakey" residue, and left my face feeling greasy. It was far too heavy and comedogenic. I never returned to it since and have stuck to natural foundations.

I like it

Full coverage Inexpensive Buildable coverage Not many colors No SPF I used this makeup before I graduated into sephora makeup. I really liked,the coverage that it offered. It was hard to find a shade that matched my skin tone though. It seems to be a full coverage foundation and it was build able.

Comments

The only thing I like about this product is the fact that it has a nice, creamy texture. I really don't like how it doesn't fully cover my acne or acne scars. Instead, it attracts attention to it by making it look all cake-like. Also, this product made me break out tremendously! My face is now three times worse than it was before. I wouldn't recommend this at all, unless you like to get huge mounds of painful pimples on your face.

Comments

Smooth application Mattifies skin Short term *airbrush affect* Easy to remove Settles into pores/fine lines quickly Only holds for a few hours if you have oliy skin Only use this if you have very light acne/good skin. Do not use if your skin is oily, you will have to do so many touch ups resulting in cake-face. Seems to blend well at first but if you have larger pores the foundation will set into after 30min-1hr

Comments

Looks great on skin covers everything well has a creamy texture makes skin look almost flawless made me break out like crazy It clogs pores, it makes acne worse. If you have anything other than light to very mild acne I would not use this. Yes, it covers your acne well and makes your skin look flawless, but the price for the is much worse.

Comments

whipped feel easy to apply small packaging This makeup is very nice for people who have skin that is oily/combination. This product can look caked up and flaky if used on a dry skin complexion. I like that it has an air whipped texture and glides on my skin nicely. I sometimes use this makeup on top of a light foundation for extra coverage. I have a medium skin tone and the medium color is almost an exact match. Good inexpensive product for people looking for a makeup other than a powder or liquid. I love that Maybelline is thinking outside the box on this one!

Comments

this gives a PERFECT face, I got so many compliments on how nice my skin looked BUT THERES A CATCH, it made me break out like never before, I had huge cists all over my whole face!! do not reccomend at all!!

Guest Lee
Guest Lee

Light Nice finish Difficult application Gets Greasy Accentuates dry spots This product would be great if the finish you get at first lasted all day. Within about an hour my face would start to look oily and it would settle into fine lines I didn't even know were there. If you live in a humid area its a terrible idea. I have some acne and this product made me feel like I was only making it worse...The application process is difficult as well. If you use a sponge, it all gets absorbed into the sponge and it flakes as you apply; if you use a brush it goes on thick and you really have to work to even it out; if you use your hands (terrible) it gets flaky. As you put it on, the makeup flakes off and its the strangest thing....

Comments

hmm, well its soft and applies nicely Bad bad bad if you have dry skin or acne/dry skin, looks HORRIBLE trying to cover acne. I always say it myself, if only my skin was clear this makeup would be amazing ! If you have barely any acne, buy it, its worth a shot.

Guest Josie
Guest Josie

- smooth texture - easy to apply - didn't break out my skin - tends to build up and accentuate dry spots I've been using this for about a few months and I really like this product. It has a creamy/powdery texture and can be easily applied, so I would recommend this to people who are beginners to makeup, but the key to a nice flawless face when using this is to use a traditional foundation brush. A foundation brush does work best with cream foundations. Also, if you have acne/dry skin use a moisturizer and then a primer before applying since this product tends to build and accentuation dry spots. People with oily skin can use this as well since it is semi-matte.

Comments

Great coverage Easy to apply One tub lasts a long time Terrible on dry skin Looks oily after a while Makes me break out If you have dry, oily skin or acne-prone skin, this is a no go. It makes any dry skin super noticeable. Otherwise, it has awesome coverage, it's cheap for the amount of uses you get out of one tub, and it goes on very nicely. Also, it's not labeled as "non-comedogenic" but most of the ingredients are.

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

Leaves skin glowing, airbrushed look, amazing coverage, blends in very well Can dry out and/or cause new acne Wash your face and apply a generous amount of lotion before applying. I use it with a non-oil primer as well. This virtually eliminated any scarring. I sometimes get very minor breakouts, and I am prone to severe acne. A must try!

Guest sick of acne
Guest sick of acne

it literally gives your face an airbrushed matte look it isn't cheap can get on your close if you have oily skin I am person who had terrible acne, now i just have occasional break outs; either way I have been left with dark scars all over my cheeks and forehead. Ive been using products to clear it up, but I'm a little impatient and I like my face to look smooth and clear right now. This foundation is perfect for just that. It is like a cream-to-powder mix and spreads nicely. the key is to use a small foundation brush, applying it with your hands does not give the same smooth appearance. Some people think using a brush wastes the makeup, its not nearly as bad as using a sponge. (NEVER USE A SPONGE) it really wastes the makeup and bacteria builds up in it. BOTTOM LINE: if you use a foundation brush and spread the makeup around your face your blemishes will be covered without having to use stick concealers.

Comments

cheap lots of product easy to apply takes a while to blend may accumulate on dry spots This product feels great to the touch on the skin. I don't use makeup everyday, I only use it on special occassions or when I feel like my acne is really bad. I've used this product for years and I have no complaints. It goes on smooth but you have to be careful to moisturize very well before applying it because it could accumulate in dry patches of your skin. I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin. It tends to work better for people with an oilier complexion. I haven't had breakouts due to this product. It has about medium coverage, so it gets most of your blemishes covered without having to use any concealer. One thing, that you should know is that there arent any neutral tones. They all either have a pink or yellow undertone to them. The most important thing to note is that it covers well and as far as I know, I have not experienced breakouts.

Comments

LOVE the feeling of putting it on my face. made me glow [: you have to put a lot of your hands because it doesn't blend too good. expensive great product. i bought it in a shade too dark for me so i never used it all the time. never bought it again since it was too expensive

Popular Foundation