Maybelline Dream Liquid Foundation Reviews

Brand: Maybelline

Maybelline Dream Liquid Foundation

Officially Switching Foundation

I have been using Maybelline Dream Foundation for the last ten years and today I am switching to Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation. A little background here- They used to sell it in a small light blue tube for about $4.00 at the drugstore. That changed a few years later when they upgraded to a larger glass pump bottle, which is about $12.00-$14.00 (Depending on where you buy it from). I hated it when they switched to the glass bottle because it would break easily and it was difficult to squeeze into my handbag when I went out. The price increase was also not in my budget. Even so, I liked the color and the natural glow it gave my skin, which is why I gave it three stars. I am posting this today because I have come to the realization that I have been suffering from acne for the last ten years (about when I started up with this foundation). I have been paying $60 a month in acne medication every month, in which the medication has caused my hair to severely thin and my skin just never seems to have enough time to heal. This foundation is not gentle on sensitive skin, and unfortunately, I am not able to go out without wearing it because now my skin is scarred and blotchy. Kind of a double edged sword here, right? After doing a lot research, I have come to the conclusion that my acne may be more related to the make up I use then I had ever imagined. I am excited to try something new, and in my opinion, it will be worth spending a little more on an expensive brand if it means I will not have to throw money out the window on acne mediation, dermatologist appointments, and hair loss supplements. So if you are having the same issue, this foundation may not be the right answer for you.

Acne prone skin

My skin is already very oily and acne prone so my mom said it was time to try a more expensive, nicer and non oil based foundation so I’m trying out the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation in the color ivory. Ever since I used this tarte foundation my skin has been non oily throughout the day, and less acne on all parts of my face. I do not recommend dream liquid mousse if you have acne, or oily skin. Using a more expensive product will help you in the long run. I barely recommend any drugstore foundation.

Comments

Definitely not for acne prone skin

I have fairly oily skin and this was the first 'drug store' foundation I tried when my acne started. The coverage was okay, but the texture of it was not appealing at all. It made my skin look very dry and it also caused a few spots here and there. I would also probably mention that it's not a very blendable foundation, although other Maybelline products are. I also tried mixing this product with a little bit of my moisturiser and it seemed to make the foundation appear more lighter in texture (almost like a BB cream), but I would only recommend doing this for those of you who aren't acne prone.

This Product Destroys My Skin

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin. I am 80% sure it is the foundation I am using, because all other products I use have something like salicylic acid or are meant to help the skin. This mousse has nothing useful in it. I have no idea what other liquid foundation to go to, now... or if I should switch to powder, instead.

Broke me out!

I didn't think I had "break out prone" skin, but trying to find a foundation (switching from mineral powder bc I feel like it dulls complexion) & about everything so far has caused acne. I only wore this the last 2 days & each day have more & more spots. Deeeep painful ones & little white heads also. I have very dry skin & I felt Oily & like I had a mask on. (Which it did help flaky spots a bit) Second day I used just tiny amount thinking it would b better. Nope. I do like the pump, & think it could work for someone else maybe. Maybe in winter it won't effect me as badly.

Caused My Acne

Nice packaging Medium coverage Caused acne Cakey if applied too heavily I was recommended this product by my sister. At the time of my purchase, I was looking for a nice coverage, drugstore foundation. My sister had this item, and she suggested for me to buy it as well. At first, I was very pleased with the product. It came with a pump, which I love because it's very nice and sanitary. The shade matched more or less, and the coverage was medium-thick. After a while, I noticed some acne forming on my forehead. This was my first experience with acne. Me, being the idiot I was, thought it would go away after a while like my other skin blemishes usually did. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it did not. I actually covered it up more with the foundation, making it 100x worse. I finally realized the cause of my acne, and needless to say, I will not be using it again. Product wise, it is also very thick. This is not something I look for in a makeup product, because I like it to feel very light when I'm wearing makeup. It has very medium coverage, but if you put a tad bit too much, it will look extremely cakey. The other complaint I have about this product is that it comes off very easily. I would dab at my face for a tiny millimeter of a second and a bunch of product would be left on my finger. This foundation is a no go from me.

Not my favorite

Lots of colors to choose from Pump on bottle is cheap and breaks Yellow and pink undertones in all makeup Causes acne In my opinion this foundation doesn't provide much coverage at all and it's not buildable with out looking foolish. This hard to find a skin match with the colors they give you to choose from. All the colors are yellow tones to me or pink tones. I don't have anything like that I am a true nude so I don't need anything yellow or pink. Plus the pump on the bottle always breaks!

Comments

might work for dry skin blends well easy color match oil causes breakout only looks good for 30-45 minuets I bought this a few weeks ago, and i think its awful. Within one night of wearing it, i broke out really bad. Its oily and greasy, and within about 40 minutes your face will look shiny and disgusting. I threw it out the next day. If you have dry skin you might like it, but if your acne prone dont even waste your time. Especially i n summer.

Comments

air brush finish, good coverage. cannot use it in summer, become oily in 1-2 hours. it gives me breakouts during summer and clog pores, but in winters its worth using it. if you still want to use it in summer then you need to prime use face before applying it.

Comments

- Great finish/ airbrush look - Love the contaner it comes in love the pump - The colours match really great with my skin - Light feel, comfortable - Great coverage - Does not last very long - Leaves me shiny quicker then revlon colour stay but then again this foundation is lighter - Not wearable durring summer time, will melt off instantly I love this foundation it is my 2nd favorite foundation aside from Revlon colour stay, I unfortunatly cannoy wear this foundation durring the summer time with my oily skin so I wear revlon colour stay for the summer time and durring the winter I will switch, depending on how I feel, I have to touch up alot more with this one and it dosent last as long but its alot more lighter feel and comes off easier. And the look is great, I love it. Like I said it really gives a airbrush finish! This and the matte finish powder are great together! And the coverage is amazing!

Comments

good coverage,feels nice on skin,easy to match to skintone doesnt seem to dry on skin,feels wet for the duration of the day nice foundation,with good coverage without being cakey. I'ts a good price for what it does.

Comments

Great coverage Gets oily near the end of the day I use this every day and I really like it, except that near the end of the day it makes my face look more oily, but then I just wash it off. :) I have used different foundations before, but I've used this for a while and it's definitely my favorite.

Comments

One of the best items I have ever used when it comes to coverage!! Wont need to worry so much about concealer Dont need to use alot to cover Oily... Great product, one of my favorite foundations. The only reason I am no longer using it is because I have a real oil problem and this makes it worse. If you dont have this problem I would definitely recommend this product

Popular Foundation