Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Mary Kay

Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

Better than anything I've ever used

Works fast! Cleared it up the next day! Doesn't dry out my skin Takes away acne None! I have oily skin and acne. I'm only 16 so it gets pretty bad. I've used everything from proactive to drug store stuff. Nothing has cleared up my acne better than this, velocity facial cleanser. It's all I use! I use it everynight and sometimes I'll skip, but it still stays clear! I haven't had acne or as much oil in over 6 months!!!!! Love this!

Where did you buy yours?? I love this product but it is saying no longer available when I went to order more online!

Don't waste your time.

It is gentle. Smells okay. Does not clear acne at all. Wasted my time. Can make skin oily; does not control oil I was introduced to this product because my cousin works for mary kay and she convinced me that It really did clear acne. I have oily skin with pretty bad acne. So I started using the whole mary kay acne treatment regimen( That includes the facial wash, the toner, Acne treatment gel, the moisturizer, and on occasions, the facial mask)and have been using it for about 9 months now. It has done absolutely nothing for my acne. One month my face would look okay, then the next it would breakout all over again. I am switching to something different now. I honestly don't know why I didn't switch sooner.

Comments

Keeps pores clean Keeps acne away Not over drying Smells great Lasts forever Have to order online This stuff works wonders for hormonal acne. I'll admit, last time I used it was years ago, and the only reason I haven't used it again is because I have been trying (and failing) to find a drugstore cleanser to work for me.

Comments

Everything. My face is soft and smooth, smells good, lasts for a long time, reasonably priced, clears up acne RIGHT AWAY, and improves skin tone (: Nothing. Seriously. I love this stuff! I use the cleanser and the moisturizer, and just started today. I used it also about a year ago, but I ran out. My skin was super clear back then, I only had a couple of small pimples at a time. But I was using it with Neutrogena products so I wasn't quite sure which one was helping my acne. Lately I've been noticing how much worse my acne has been... I have breakouts everywhere, and small bumps all over my forehead that never used to be there. I'm a very insecure person, and this acne has NOT been helping me. So I stumbled across this product again and I decided to try it out of desperation. My skin has never felt so good. EVER. I could feel it cleaning deeply and getting the oil and dirt out of my pores. Also, I just checked my face in the mirror a few minutes ago, and my acne has gone down noticeably since I washed my face 30 minutes ago! If you have acne, and you have tried so many products with no luck, TRY VELOCITY. I am so excited about it!

Guest Anna
Guest Anna

-Works fast - smells good - it is gentle - doesnt dry out skin - Doesnt take much to wash your face - It doesnt burn/sting when you put it on Nothing :D Okay so I started using this like a week ago and most of my acne is already gone! Im so happy with my skin now, not scared ro show it. It took only a week a week for my face to clear! When I used other stuff it will onlt work sometimes and will sometimes do nothing. I know there is some reviews that say it doesnt work, but that is only 2 out of a handfull! So I recommend to try this...and if it doesnt work, so be it, we all have different skin. But it wont hurt to try. This is the best and will always be the facewash I use from now on.

Guest Heidi Roberson
Guest Heidi Roberson

-clears acne amazingly -great product None :) 15 years ago I gave bir to 2 beautiful twin girls but lately with all of there acne they have been flat out just nasty looking. With the use of this reduction can finally see tose beautiful faces again for now

Guest Heather
Guest Heather

-doesn't make skin oily -makes skin soft - gets rid of acne -doesn't take much time -smells nice -None I have been using velocity since I was in 6th grade which would be 3-4 yrs ago and it is amazing..need to use it twice a day,every day to get rid of acne :) AMAZING product HIGHLY recommended

Comments

Non-Irritating Decreased Redness Got rid of my Acne!!! Smells Nice For Sensitive Skin N/A It does have a light fragrance, but even with my sensitive skin it was fine :D Definitely gets rid of acne :D :) I highly recommend this for you people with sensitive skin!

Guest Linda
Guest Linda

Began clearing rosacea bumps almost immediately! Also decreased facial redness. None that I can see I have been treating rosacea for about a year-using oral antibiotics, topical finacea gel and topical metrogel. I have not had much response, and my derm is less than helpful. She said I may want to try a sulfa-based cleanser, but that would not likely help much. On a whim, I checked the ingredients on my daughter's Velocity, and saw the 2nd ingredient listed was TEA laurel sulfate, so I thought, "why not". Also listed are several botanicals that are supposed to have a skin calming effect. I saw improvement within 2 days-NO KIDDING!! The redness was diminished, and the bumps appreared much less noticeable. I now realize the derm was referring to a different class of sulfas, but I will definately stick with this for now. Also noteworthy is the fact that I am 50 years old, and this does not dry my skin excessively. Perhaps it is the botanical agents, or just things finally starting to come together,but I really don't care either way! My skin is definately better, and this is after a year of other, more aggressive treatments that really didn't help. I'm thinking it's the Velocity!

Guest princesspineapple
Guest princesspineapple

None -Smell gives me a headache -useless -made face oilier (to the point of my glasses being incapable of staying on my face) -made breakouts worse and more frequent -made me break out where I normally don't (chin and neck) LIf you're anything like me, DON'T GET IT! It made my face oily so my glasses won't stay on, and now I have to put contacts in, though my eyes have been oxygen deprived. It worsened acne, the smell made me slightly dizzy, I broke out more often, and for me, has practilly no use. If, like me, you have bad acne, REALLY oily skin, blackheads, and/or wear glasses, DON'T GET IT.

Guest Jackie
Guest Jackie

-Smells really good -Makes skin smooth and not oily -makes me feel refreshed -So far no problems I just got this product 3 days ago, so I'm really hoping that it will get rid of my blemishes. I have a few on my forehead and on my chin. I get really red on those areas, so im hoping this cleanser helps. i will come back in 3 weeks (which will be November 5, 2011) and review this product to see how far everything is coming.

Guest MOmammaof2
Guest MOmammaof2

Smells nice Leaves your skin smooth Didn't make the acne worse :/ Not an Acne treatment Did nothing for my acne! A good clenser and moisturizer, but it does nothing but clean your face. I wouldn't consider it acne treatment. Just biding my time until I can go back to the Dr. and get Accutane.

Guest Eliza
Guest Eliza

Nice Smell Leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean The moisturizer is very light and doesn't make me look oily. Break outs Oilier skin I've never had any acne my entire life. Through high school, I had an occasional pimple, but had pretty clear skin. With continual use of this product, my face has begun to break out. Also, with more use of the lotion, I've become oilier. It's almost like if I don't use the products consistently, I have an oilier face. I think it's because the lotion tries to prevent oil and so when I don't put it on, I'm oily, like my skin is trying to make up for it or something. I will not be buying this product again. It probably works very well for severely oily skin or someone with more severe acne, but for me, this product just made things worse.

Comments

keeps your skin clean none which velocity moisturizer you put first

Guest ur mum
Guest ur mum

it was itr styhl its sh*t its wack

Guest V
Guest V

Keeps skin clear if you use it routinely and as the directions read. None. I've been using this product for over 11 years. I started in my 20's. It works great for me and my husband. If I stop using this product, the oils will began to build up and I break out, so I make sure I have an extra tube. I don't wear make-up. The only thing I use is the Velocity moisturizer (occasionally) and Vaseline. I get compliments about my skin all the time. I also learned that if you wet your fingers and a use a little of the product...rubbing it into your face in circular motions it works the best. This would help keep my skin from drying out or oil build up.

Guest Lacey
Guest Lacey

It made my skin some what soft. It worked for a little bit then made my skin so much worse:( And my skin wasn't that bad, now it is. I started using it two times a day and then I didn't have time to use it two times a day, so I started using it once a day and my acne started getting worse. I guess it just depends on your skin or something but I'd ask a dermatologist before using it.

Comments

smells really good and is sensetive to skin none This product is incredible! Ive been searching for a good cure for my acne for a long time and its just like a basic face wash but you can feel it working. its been two weeks since i started using the product and there isn't a blemish anywhere to be seen on my face :)

Comments

smells nice doesn't get rid of all makeup makes skin oily I would never put this in a proper acne regimen. This cleanser has nothing useful in it. A good cleanser if you have no acne problems.

Comments

really good, it's still clearing up my acne nonr really amazing!

Guest Mirm
Guest Mirm

IT WAS GREAT! It doesn't work for all skin types. This product was wonderful. It cleared my acne almost completely in a few weeks! It was really gentle, but it sting if you get it in your eyes, so don't do that.This product was defiantly awesome, but it only works on certain skin types. It worked really well for me, but it didn't work as well on my sister, who has a different skin type as me, her skin is VERY sensitive. I used the Velocity cleanser, then pat-dried, then used Dan's BP, and then Velocity moisturizer. I really love this product!

Guest rebecca
Guest rebecca

Feels great on your skin Comes with a moisturizer - which isn't too thick Clears acne Soft aroma Relatively Cheap Dries out your skin (Without usage of moisturizer) Takes a little while to notice results Depending on where you live it can be hard to obtain If not used consistently you won't see big results. Overall this product is well worth trying. It's good for those with sensitive skin and can really improve peoples skin. It's a product that both children, women and men can use because it doesn't have a brute or fruity smell. I have been using it for around a month and I can begin to see my acne falling away so to speak. I recommend it to people who have tried numerous things and can't seem to find an answer to their acne. Just remember to use it as consistently as possible and to moisturize after.

Guest Erica
Guest Erica

cleared up most of my acne within two months, smells amazing, skin looks more luminous, skin looks and feels soft and smooth, product lasts a really long time, removes all dirt and makeup none - I am so very happy with this cleanser After my skin started breaking out very badly in January, my mom invited me to come to a Mary Kay party with her and her friends. On a desperate whim, I decided to buy the Velocity Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer - the Mary Kay consultant insisted it would help with my acne. I was really skeptical, actually, but decided to give it a try. Within a few days, my acne became "less angry", as my mom so eloquently put it. Within two weeks, I noticed the number of new pimples was reduced to a fraction. Now three months later, I only get a couple of new pimples a week (compared to a couple a DAY before I started using MK) and it seems to just keep getting better. The brown spots left behind by the acne are even starting to fade away now. I am so happy! Yaay!

Guest Julie
Guest Julie

works very well, good for sensitive skin dries skin, but you just need to use the moisturizer. Also, it's hard to come by, unless you order it online. I used this product for a while, and then ran out and was too lazy to order it online. I attempted a bunch of other products designed for sensitive skin and they all made me break out. After trying aveeno and cetaphil I gave up and ordered this one online again. Once again, I am fully satisified and will not try anything else.

Comments

It seems like it's working Smells ok Makes skin smooth Might dry out some peoples skin Other than that, none I was at my cousins house when I first tried velocity, and it felt great on my skin, so I got some, and I'm lovin' it. It feels good on my skin and has minor exfoliants to clean out dirt. I have been using it for about week and have seen some awesome results from it, it looks like it is fading my scars and clearing up my raised acne. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is looking for something that works!!

Popular Cream