Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Reviews

Brand: Mario Badescu

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Great for superficial pimples, DO NOT overuse

This product is great if you know how to use it, but in the hands of an impatient or anxious acne sufferer can be dangerous. This product ONLY works on superficial pimples that have a head near the surface of the skin. Deep pimples will not be affected, and you will only dry out the skin. ONLY apply this product until the pimple is no longer painful/active. There might still be a residual bump or red mark, but that will heal on its own once the underlying problem is addressed. Applying this product after that will only irritate and try out the skin further. Remember, you do NOT need to have a glob of spot treatment on every imperfection on your skin. If you feel like having something there will stop you from picking at pimples, I would recommend the Korean acne dots (you can find them at most drugstores or Amazon).

Quick action

I struggle with under skin pimples and for sure it helped in the process of healing. I only used it one time, leaving it over night on the affected areas, and in the morning my inflammation was significantly reduced. So far, I see it did its job even if it is recommended for white-headed pimples that can be easily squeezed.

Not worth the money

I went into this product having read all the reviews so I kind of knew it wasn't going to be a miracle but I was desperate. And yeah, just like pretty much all the reviews say, definitely NOT for cysts and really, not that great in general. I did notice that while I was using it, I wasn't quite as oily as I was before BUT that didn't stop me from breaking out. And as for the white heads, nothing noticeable enough for me to proclaim this to be a great product. I definiatley would not buy it again.

Good product

I expected it to be better considering the price I payed for it. It did work well, although it took too long to actually eliminate the spot. I would recommend it if you're willing to pay that much.

Pass

This product is intended for pimples that come to a white head. I did notice it helped in drying out my pimples, however, after using it for a while I noticed it doesn't do an excellent job. It would take 2-3 nights of using this product in order to see my pimples dry out-- not quick enough for me. It's not a terrible product, but it isn't the best either. Benzoyl peroxide does a better job.

Comments

Did NOTHING and irritated my skin!

I was excited to try this spot treatment due to all of the positive reviews, but after applying it over night, it WOULD NOT budge the next morning. I washed my face with a gentle cleanser and used cotton balls to try and get this treatment off of my face, but it would barely move. I actually ended up accidentally popping a few pimples just trying to get it off (which was extremely annoying). When I finally got it off (it took me around an hour and a lot of qtips), I barely noticed a difference in my skin. My blemishes looked EXACTLY the same and if anything, my skin was extremely irritated from trying to get this product off. I would suggest sticking to benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment, not this stuff. EXTREMELY disappointed.

girl. you have to use a foaming cleanser (or mario's cleanser, it works so much better since one of its techniques is to wash everything off your face gently, including strong drying lotion) to get it off and with lukewarm water. you have to use the treatment at least twice for your pimples to begin vanishing, and make sure you exfoliate before putting it on, like you would a face mask. benzoyl peroxide does not help your skin whatsoever, all it does is dry your face up and drain it of oil and bacteria, which on the bad side, makes your skin naturally want to produce more oil than what was there, and throughout the day youll end up with an even oiler face, more pimples, and more dirt sticking to your face :/ who wants that?

Didn't do anything

So sad, had such high hopes and it did nothing. I bought this in hopes that it would help all types of acne, as I usually get cystic and I wouldn't have been as disappointed if it didn't work for those. However the first two pimples I got to test these on were the typical whiteheads that this is prescribed for. Did nothing. Not a miracle solution for me :(

good for whiteheads!

the only thing this drying lotion is good for is white heads, especially the small to medium sized ones. They really dry them out overnight and when i wash my face in the morning the dried out whiteheads go away!!!

Comments

Why is everyone liking this?

My nephew was the one who recommended this to me. He is 14 and swears by it, although he used to swear by Kate Sommerville too. Before he mentioned it, I had never heard of it before. It wasn't too expensive which was nice, and hence the 2 stars. I have tried much more expensive products and been disappointed by them too so this one wasn't that big of a deal. But the results were disappointing. I am really not sure why everyone is liking it in these reviews. I bought it and used it overnight when I had breakouts and the pimples looked the same or worse when I woke up. When they were worse, that was really disappointing. I really can't tell you anything about what is in the product that is good vs bad but I do know that after about 2 months of using it, I saw zero results. Like nothing. Not even one time that I used it did I wake up feeling that it had been effective. So that was a bummer. I don't think that acne works that way is what I have come to learn and understand. I don't think you can just apply some magical potion to your face and expect some sort of miracle. The best way to cure breakouts is to just not get them in the first place but once you have one, you just have to treat it and ride it out. So then the question is how to not breakout. I have learned a lot over the years of this stupid acne skin I am in. The only preventative product I have ever used that worked is Ninja Skincare. I started it after reading about it in some forum and the people there are amazingly helpful compared to really any other company I have ever bought from. You call them and you can stay on the phone talking about zits for an hour and they don't hurry you off the phone or anything. It is pretty incredible. And they always make sure that you are using the right product or they won't even want to send it to you. So I think that is the way to go. Use a product that stops the pimples from forming and you won't need to buy some spot treatment thing that promises miracles but literally cannot deliver because it is impossible to deliver miracles.

Comments

Contains RUBBING ALCOHOL. This will hurt your skin.

All this really is: cheap calamine lotion, a LOT of rubbing alcohol and some other crappy ingredients. I have no idea who would want to put calamine and rubbing alcohol on their face, since they're extremely pore clogging and disrupt the acid mantle on the face, leading to worse breakouts in the long run. I discovered his acne wash also contains rubbing alcohol, and it severely dried out and damaged my face [and subsequently caused a bad breakout, lucky me]. I guess they want repeat customers who blindly keep trying their products to cure their acne, when their products contribute to the acne to begin with. Beware of this entire company. It's horrible and completely overpriced, considering their favorite ingredient is rubbing alcohol...look at their product labels, it's in almost everything.

shut the hell up
Mario Badescu is cheap as hell what are you on?

Disappointed...

While Mario Badescu is a big name in skincare, I had personally never heard of this line until I saw this Drying Lotion on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (British model) and Kylie Jenner's snapchat. Once I saw this, I researched Mario Badescu products and I had high expectations for this product. Unfortunately, I did not love this at all...I honestly don't even like it. This product did nothing for me. I would apply it to my pimples before bed, wait for it to dry, and then go to sleep. In the morning, if the product was still on my face, I would wipe it off with a wet cotton ball and my pimple would look exactly the same. The only reason I'm giving this product two stars (and not one) is because it did not irritate my skin or make my acne any worse.

Comments

Good for whiteheads, and non cyst-like acne

I've tried this on multiple types of acne, and it never works on any mark very large, but if you have a regular size mark or whitehead it works miracles. Be prepared for dryness and DO NOT PICK, let this work its magic and you'll be thankful you did. It takes a few days for a pimple to be almost gone, but it changed my life. Avoid using this on dermatitis or areas with multiple small breakouts.

Comments

Been Using This for Over a Year...

I've been using Mario Badescu products for almost a year and a half now and their Drying Lotion is great for spot treating pimples that are already there. Personally, I also really like the smell. It's well-priced (I think it's around 17 dollars for 1 oz. and Amazon and Mario Badescu always have sales, so you can get it as low as 15-13 dollars) and a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. It has worked great on my skin and I highly recommend it.

terrible

It may work for you, but it didn't for me. it didn't dry my pimples out and even after using it for a week the same acne didn't even reduce. I also think it made me break out even more. I wish I could give it 0 stars

shut up whiny ass bitch

Works good on acne that is already there.

Though this doesn't work to prevent acne, I found it works really well at drying up and reducing redness and swelling of any existing acne spots that I have. If I can catch a pimple early enough and apply this, it can be gone overnight.

Comments

It's my first time to use it

Is it okay to use after shaking coz when I brought it home it was shaked when it was in the bag then I used it?

it dilutes the pink sediment at the bottom so it won't work as well, but you can still try it if you don't have time to wait. (it doesn't take that long for it to settle.)

Effective spot treatment at the right price

This stuff is nearly identical to Kate Somerville's Eradikate spot treatment, but is much less expensive. I was using the Somerville version for years before recently discovering this. So far, it has been just as effective. It dries up pimples without over irritating. I can go to sleep and know that when I wake up my skin will look better than when I went to bed. I highly recommend it as an emergency spot treatment.

It works (sort of)

I've found that this stuff is a good spot treatment for little pimples or small under the skin bumps..you can definitely feel the sting when you put it on. However, if you pop a pimple and put this stuff on it to try and dry it out, Ive found that there is a very high chance that your pimple will get reinfected and come back bigger, which kind of sucks.

it say to not apply it on opened skin on the bottle.

the best

this stuff is the best for drying up pimple and the bottle will last you a long time !!

Liquid Pink

I always like to start off my acne product reviews by reminding everyone that there is not miracle product out there. Nothing is going to heal a pimple (or a whole face) in one night and leave you with the skin of 3 year old. Skin takes time to clean, clear, and heal itself. Now on to the product, this is the best overnight acne treatment I have found, ever. I picked this up at Ulta about six months ago and I really like it, I will continue to repurchase this as long as I keep getting pimples and they keep making it. I really just got my acne skin under control about 6-9 months ago, so I've been using this less and less, but this is about as close as you're gonna get to a pimple miracle because this will shrink your pimples overnight. I think this cuts a pimples life in half. I mean, if you normally get a pimple that lasts a week or more, put this on there and it will be dried up, not gone because the skin discoloration seems to linger, but 3 or 4 days tops. I love it and I would recommend this over any other topical spot acne treatment. Oh, if you have a popped pimple that you put this on, you may have a difficult time with it in morning because this stuff doesn't always come off once it's dried in your pimple stuff, even after you wash your face. This doesn't bother me because I wear makeup anyways, so I can usually just cover it. I put it on my skin when I feel like a pimple is coming up or start to see one, well before it ever gets big or a head on it and it really helps y'all. So buy this, it's on the pricier side but it works.

Comments

Quick relief, don't expect an absolute miracle though

Reduces whitehead size considerably Easy to apply Can take a couple nights to notice a difference If you're in a pinch and need to get a whitehead away quick, this will do the trick. At the very least, it will reduce the size considerably. For me anyway, if I wanted a pimple gone, I would have to use it for at least two nights in a row to see good improvement. So don't wait till the last minute. Also, it is basically only effective on whiteheads. You put it on at night right before bed, and it's great because it makes it easier to resist the urge to pop the pimple. But it lasts a while, so it is a good investment. I'm a fan of Mario products in general.

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Helped Reduce Redness Helped Reduce Iritation Helped Reduce Size Within A Night or 2 Not Meant for My Type of Acne Long-Term I bought this and was really excited to try it out as I heard a lot of talk about it on youtube. I was really impressed about the Mario Badescu line and how its organic too. I found this product to work quite well. I started using it before I decided to go on the acne.org regimen. I have the type of acne where I get quite a bit on my cheek and chin area and my breakouts seem to like to stick around for a long time and it takes a while for them to go away. This really helped my redness go down over-night and helped sooth and get rid of my spots. However, because I have the type of acne that sticks around for a while, I had to use this pretty much every night so I didn't think that was good. I used an entire bottle within a month and a half. I will repurchase this as I liked it a lot and my acne is more under control now (THANKS TO ACNE.ORG) that I might use this as an extra backup treatment. I think this would be a great product for people who only get some break-outs now and then. Great for around the time of month if your acne is hormonally involved. I only gave this 4/5 because it didn't suit my acne to a tea but overall it would be a 5/5 because I think it's a great product and I do like it quite a bit.

Dries out Acne

dries up acne hard to wash off expensive Just started using this 4 days ago and the the couple of spots I had are dried up and gone. Make sure to use it sparingly and only apply it to the affected area. It contains sulfur and a few other ingredients that can be drying, so make sure to only use it as a spot treatment.

Comments

Absolutely Amazing! Clears Whiteheads in 2 Nights No redness or irritation Non Drying Expensive but Effective This product is a miracle in itself and I urge everyone to try it. It contains a pink sulfur and Liquid Alpha Hydroxy Acid for one powerful spot treatment. It's actually very gentle but powerful on acne. This combines with MB's other product lines that were recommended to me are the best treatments I have used and tried for 4 years.

Comments

works! sulfur based (gentle on skin) expensive smell cannot travel with it (mix contents) Mario Badescu has knocked it out of the park with this product. I use the drying lotion when I feel a pimple forming and it simply won't come to a head. After leaving this on for a night it will go down in size and be flat in the morning. I have used this product for 6+ years and a little goes a long way. I stick a q-tip in the container and dab the pink mixture and apply to problem areas. remember that this is only designed do be a spot treatment- do not apply all over face!

Popular Spot treatments