Manuka Oil Reviews

Manuka Oil

Saved my skin

I didn't know if my skin problem was acne or fungal related but this has made a big difference. It has also evened my skin tone and given it a bright, clear appearance. NZ East Cape Manuka is definitely the best.

Manuka oil and jojoba

I used a lotion with jojoba oil and manuka oil i got online and it has been great. Nearly all signs of acne are gone. I preferred to apply it at night before bedtime as I dont like using oils and it has left my skin super smooth.

Comments

Quickly: Reduces inflammation Shrinks blemishes Over time: Improves the texture of the skin Prevent new blemishes from forming Smells odd Oily The product that I use is 100% pure. The brand name is East Cape and I got mine from Koru Naturals. As a spot treatment, this is a great product if you do not mind putting oil on your face. However I would not recommend it for all over use because the bottle only contains a small amount. Additionally try not to use too much of it at once because I found that it started to clog my pores when I went overboard with it- a little drop goes a long way. I found that this works best when blended into a clay mask and used once or twice a week as a way to maintain clear skin.

Comments

The manuka oil that I use helps keep my acne under control. It doesn't completely stop my acne from producing, but it does help. It feels nice on the skin, like a cool, relaxing feeling. The smell is strong, like a "medicine" smell, but I got use to it quickly; It's not too bad. There is a strange smell left after awhile once my skin with the applied manuka oil has touch my blankets. I use Manuka Oil 100% Pure East Cape by Koru Naturals. I ordered mine from [link removed].

Guest Kim
Guest Kim

Fantastic none steam burn on my hands severly. The burn medicine from the hospital didn't relieve my pain, My mother kept insisting I try Manuka oil, just a little she said. Finally I let her put it on my hands. Wow.. healed my skin, removed my pain.

Comments

Manuka Oil (I use East Cape which can be bought through Koru Naturals) is fairly cheap and highly effective for me. Works better than benzoyl peroxide, is easier on the skin than Retina A and other topicals you get from the derm. The smell is a little weird and strong, but you get used to it especially since only a small amount of oil is needed. Research indicates that Manuka Oil has potent antibacterial, antifungal, anti-allergenic and anti inflammatory properties. What's key here is that Manuka Oil fights the bacteria that inhabit the sebum in the sebacious glands and cause acne while also reducing the inflammation of existing acne. I just recently started using it thanks to a friend's recommendation and I now swear by it. In one week I went from feeling like the elephant woman with 75% of my face broken out (thank you bare minerals oil control primer for that lovely issue) to feeling presentable in public again. This stuff is fairly cheap, natural, effective, and far less harsh (even on my sensitive skin) than any topical acne medication a dermatologist has ever recommended for me. Give it a try and be patient. You will see results.

Guest lovely
Guest lovely

I feel the manuka oil dries the acne out faster than it normally would on its own, so a quicker break out period. I also use a soap that has a little manuka oil in it, to try and prevent break-out because of the anti-bacterial activity. I have been using Manuka for a lot of different applications for 10 years, and never have had an issue. More recently in my thirties developed an acne issue. I feel like the acne I suffer from is hormone/stress/diet related. So this is a good natural product that I wont expect to be the miracle without side-effects thing that everybody looks for, but a good natural alternative that has helped me a lot. I recommend [link removed], they have great pure manuka oil, Manuka honey 15+, and a wonderful soap.

Guest Tina
Guest Tina

A little goes a long way ! This is a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, cure all that i use also for my adult acne. The smell is not as bad as Austrailian tea tree, and not as harsh. Not really any cons for such a great natural product. Its worth a try, but if your acne is very severe, a diet change/cleanse might also help.

Guest -shell.
Guest -shell.

it works really well on my skin, i just applied a tiny drop of it, and it works, healed very fast. the smell...but its okay once you get used to it. it's good, but dont put to much.

Guest heather
Guest heather

works, doesn't smell as bad as TTO hard to find, expensive I started off with TTO but it burned my skin and eyes so bad even dilluted that I switched to manuka oil just last week. Seems to work just as much without the smell or the burn. I added it to my jojoba oil to try out a new delivery method. I wash with dr bonners soap 2x a day and then apply the jojoba/vit E/manuka oil with a cotton ball. I do a scrub/steam/mask a couple of times a week also and have treated with calamine lotion at night for bad flare ups. I'm not perfect yet but I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and it is improving without the nasty BP that my skin disliked so much.

Guest danny