MaMa Lotion Reviews

Brand: MaMa

MaMa Lotion

An OK mandelic acid lotion

I used the M2 Skin Refinish for several months. It made my skin very smooth, helped fade red marks on my cheeks, and kept my skin somewhat clear if I used it every night. However, I discontinued using it for a couple of reasons. One reason is that it is so sticky. This was a huge problem because I'm a side sleeper and I toss and turn a little at night. This made my face stick to my pillowcase and that was incredibly annoying. It makes your face a little shiny and due to the stickiness, I don't think you can cover this with makeup and wear it during the day. Maybe you can, I never actually tried it. Another reason why I stopped using it was the packaging. You cannot take the bottle apart if you are running low to see if you can get the last little bit of it out, and you can't really see how much you have left either. Considering it's about $35 for one ounce, I don't want to risk wasting my money. So to summarize, if it wasn't sticky and came in a better bottle I would use it again.

Comments

visible difference in skin texture reduces non-inflamed acne reduces scarring sticky my bf thinks it smells pricey I've mostly used this for generally congested skin and hyperpigmentation so I think this has worked really well in that respect. The only problem is the stickiness and perceived smell so I only use it every other day.

Guest XtremeCold
Guest XtremeCold

- All acne gone. - Clear and smooth skin - Clear dark spots completely - Brighten skin - What else do I expect? - Skin more sensitive to the sun. Make sure you use sunblock all the time. It is no longer called Mama. They changed the product name. I bought these items from Amazon: 1. M2 Skin Care HP Skin Refinish 20% 50 ml. 2. M2 Skin Technologies Skin Recovery Moisturizer. And guys, after the first week, I wanted to scream and yell at myself for not using them long long time ago, when my skin had been damaged severely from acne. I really appreciate the reviews here for recommending this product. All acnes are GONE though this product is developed exclusively for scar. I never had the pride of having a clear skin since my 5th grade until now. And the scars, which had lowered my confidence for a long time, are fading out (not completely but the spots' colors are fading obviously). Every morning, I wake up and look at the mirror happily to see my face getting better and brighter. I first apply the Skin Refinish and wait until it is dry, then put the Recovery Moisturizer on. Be careful with the sun. Your skin now is very sensitive to it. I always use sunblock before I go out. Please please please (I will say a thousand times), try it and let people know. If you want to know more email me coldextremely at yahoo . com

Did you rinse off the skin refinish before you applied the recovery moisturizer or did you apply it over the skin refinish?
Guest skinnyminny
Guest skinnyminny

smooths out rough, dry skin balances oils gets rid of inflammed acne lightens hyperpigmentation helps cure folliculitis gets rid of cysts leaves skin shiny and supple can wear underneath powder, concealer or other makeup None I use the 20% Skin Refinish alone. So far, I love this stuff. I've only been using it for about two weeks (and normally I'd wait longer to review a product) but this stuff is so good, I just had to share the good news with fellow acne sufferers. With M2 Skincare (formerly Mama Lotion) you get a LARGE 50 mL, 20% mandelic acid bottle for $25, instead of the TINY .25 or 1 mL, 10-15% mandelic acid bottles sold on GoW or Diana Yvonne for upwards of $40. GREAT VALUE, especially by comparison. The burning feeling lets you know it's working and YES, you can wear it under make-up with or without sunblock/moisturizer. CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH!!! I am Jamaican and thus get hyperpigmented brown marks from any place I've had a cyst, whether or not I pick them. Additionally, I had to get rid of gram negative folliculitis (inflammed acne-like tiny bumps which are resistant to everything, caused by prolonged use of antibiotics), which not only raped and pillaged my forehead but then spread to the sides of my face, nose and cheeks too. (For that I took Bactrim 2x daily, began seeing a Chinese herbalist and soaked my skin in vinegar at least 2x daily which really worked but left dry, darkened, almost scaly skin..and then began mandelic acid after a month to get rid of the "scaly skin" and now my forehead skin GLOWS its so soft and smooth.) M2 has left my skin soft, supple, smooth and literally almost PIMPLE FREE in a matter of a WEEK. Thus far, it's AMAZING and works BETTER than Tazorac. I'm definitely sticking with this brand if this continues! My acne WAS moderately severe but since I've stopped eating ALL dairy and began using "Mama Lotion", my skin has two grain of salt sized pimples and one small cyst which is shrinking.

Comments

Clears blackheads Gentle and non-drying exfoliation Fades acne marks Pores appear smaller No initial breakout after 2 weeks of use Sticky Impossible to apply anything over top so best to use it at night Expensive From someone who's been battling acne for over 10 years, I have tried a LOT of products and I can honestly say that MaMa lotion (also known as M2) is one of the few products that delivers on its promises. It is SO worth the money. The bottom line is that this is the first product that has any effect what so ever on the blackheads on my nose. I have used it every third night for the past 2.5 weeks and within that short time the blackheads have been reduced by 80%. The pores on my nose also appear much smaller. Prior to using this product I was using BP on that area for many months w/ no success. I also have some hyperpigmentation from old acne on my cheeks and the MaMa lotion, even in this short time, has faded those marks slightly. I have rolling and icepick scars on my cheeks and I have also noticed that they apppear slightly more smooth. I am having co2 fractional laser resurfacing done in a week and a half so I will discontinue this product for a few weeks while I recover but this is absolutely going to be a staple in my routine from now on.

Comments

I use the M2 Skin Refinish 20% after my weekly Personal Microdermabrasion treatment. I use this sometimes every night or every other night depending on how my skin is feeling. It has reduced my red marks and turned them pink and brown. I am on my 5th treatment and I'm hoping that I'll have near perfect skin in the next 2 months. Sticky Stings Although the consistency of this aha is very sticky and stings, I would recommend it above all. It's doing me some good. I use this with my PMD kit and continue to apply Differin every morning. It wouldn't hurt to try. It's an AHA and has great benefits for the skin. I'm 23 years old and don't have to worry about wrinkles just yet but I'm sure if I continue using this every other night for the rest of my life, I won't have to worry about wrinkles in the future either.

Popular Over-the-counter