MaMa Lotion Reviews

Brand: MaMa

MaMa Lotion

An OK mandelic acid lotion

I used the M2 Skin Refinish for several months. It made my skin very smooth, helped fade red marks on my cheeks, and kept my skin somewhat clear if I used it every night. However, I discontinued using it for a couple of reasons. One reason is that it is so sticky. This was a huge problem because I'm a side sleeper and I toss and turn a little at night. This made my face stick to my pillowcase and that was incredibly annoying. It makes your face a little shiny and due to the stickiness, I don't think you can cover this with makeup and wear it during the day. Maybe you can, I never actually tried it. Another reason why I stopped using it was the packaging. You cannot take the bottle apart if you are running low to see if you can get the last little bit of it out, and you can't really see how much you have left either. Considering it's about $35 for one ounce, I don't want to risk wasting my money. So to summarize, if it wasn't sticky and came in a better bottle I would use it again.

Comments

visible difference in skin texture reduces non-inflamed acne reduces scarring sticky my bf thinks it smells pricey I've mostly used this for generally congested skin and hyperpigmentation so I think this has worked really well in that respect. The only problem is the stickiness and perceived smell so I only use it every other day.

Guest XtremeCold
Guest XtremeCold

- All acne gone. - Clear and smooth skin - Clear dark spots completely - Brighten skin - What else do I expect? - Skin more sensitive to the sun. Make sure you use sunblock all the time. It is no longer called Mama. They changed the product name. I bought these items from Amazon: 1. M2 Skin Care HP Skin Refinish 20% 50 ml. 2. M2 Skin Technologies Skin Recovery Moisturizer. And guys, after the first week, I wanted to scream and yell at myself for not using them long long time ago, when my skin had been damaged severely from acne. I really appreciate the reviews here for recommending this product. All acnes are GONE though this product is developed exclusively for scar. I never had the pride of having a clear skin since my 5th grade until now. And the scars, which had lowered my confidence for a long time, are fading out (not completely but the spots' colors are fading obviously). Every morning, I wake up and look at the mirror happily to see my face getting better and brighter. I first apply the Skin Refinish and wait until it is dry, then put the Recovery Moisturizer on. Be careful with the sun. Your skin now is very sensitive to it. I always use sunblock before I go out. Please please please (I will say a thousand times), try it and let people know. If you want to know more email me coldextremely at yahoo . com

Did you rinse off the skin refinish before you applied the recovery moisturizer or did you apply it over the skin refinish?
Guest skinnyminny
Guest skinnyminny

smooths out rough, dry skin balances oils gets rid of inflammed acne lightens hyperpigmentation helps cure folliculitis gets rid of cysts leaves skin shiny and supple can wear underneath powder, concealer or other makeup None I use the 20% Skin Refinish alone. So far, I love this stuff. I've only been using it for about two weeks (and normally I'd wait longer to review a product) but this stuff is so good, I just had to share the good news with fellow acne sufferers. With M2 Skincare (formerly Mama Lotion) you get a LARGE 50 mL, 20% mandelic acid bottle for $25, instead of the TINY .25 or 1 mL, 10-15% mandelic acid bottles sold on GoW or Diana Yvonne for upwards of $40. GREAT VALUE, especially by comparison. The burning feeling lets you know it's working and YES, you can wear it under make-up with or without sunblock/moisturizer. CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH!!! I am Jamaican and thus get hyperpigmented brown marks from any place I've had a cyst, whether or not I pick them. Additionally, I had to get rid of gram negative folliculitis (inflammed acne-like tiny bumps which are resistant to everything, caused by prolonged use of antibiotics), which not only raped and pillaged my forehead but then spread to the sides of my face, nose and cheeks too. (For that I took Bactrim 2x daily, began seeing a Chinese herbalist and soaked my skin in vinegar at least 2x daily which really worked but left dry, darkened, almost scaly skin..and then began mandelic acid after a month to get rid of the "scaly skin" and now my forehead skin GLOWS its so soft and smooth.) M2 has left my skin soft, supple, smooth and literally almost PIMPLE FREE in a matter of a WEEK. Thus far, it's AMAZING and works BETTER than Tazorac. I'm definitely sticking with this brand if this continues! My acne WAS moderately severe but since I've stopped eating ALL dairy and began using "Mama Lotion", my skin has two grain of salt sized pimples and one small cyst which is shrinking.

Comments

Clears blackheads Gentle and non-drying exfoliation Fades acne marks Pores appear smaller No initial breakout after 2 weeks of use Sticky Impossible to apply anything over top so best to use it at night Expensive From someone who's been battling acne for over 10 years, I have tried a LOT of products and I can honestly say that MaMa lotion (also known as M2) is one of the few products that delivers on its promises. It is SO worth the money. The bottom line is that this is the first product that has any effect what so ever on the blackheads on my nose. I have used it every third night for the past 2.5 weeks and within that short time the blackheads have been reduced by 80%. The pores on my nose also appear much smaller. Prior to using this product I was using BP on that area for many months w/ no success. I also have some hyperpigmentation from old acne on my cheeks and the MaMa lotion, even in this short time, has faded those marks slightly. I have rolling and icepick scars on my cheeks and I have also noticed that they apppear slightly more smooth. I am having co2 fractional laser resurfacing done in a week and a half so I will discontinue this product for a few weeks while I recover but this is absolutely going to be a staple in my routine from now on.

Comments

I use the M2 Skin Refinish 20% after my weekly Personal Microdermabrasion treatment. I use this sometimes every night or every other night depending on how my skin is feeling. It has reduced my red marks and turned them pink and brown. I am on my 5th treatment and I'm hoping that I'll have near perfect skin in the next 2 months. Sticky Stings Although the consistency of this aha is very sticky and stings, I would recommend it above all. It's doing me some good. I use this with my PMD kit and continue to apply Differin every morning. It wouldn't hurt to try. It's an AHA and has great benefits for the skin. I'm 23 years old and don't have to worry about wrinkles just yet but I'm sure if I continue using this every other night for the rest of my life, I won't have to worry about wrinkles in the future either.

Guest leona
Guest leona

Cleared some acne I had under the skin on my cheeks, and keeps my acne undercontrol Sticky and leaves my skin shiny I use this along with their cleanser followed b glycol's fade cream 4 %. Working great.

FLA

- reduced acne scarring - helps reduce wrinkles (if you are older individual) - sticky after you apply to your face - acne scar reduced after using for 1 month - sometimes caused me to breakout, or caused skin redness if i applied too much therefore need to apply very sparingly - tugs skins as if I got "mini botox" in a small small way (this is a pro if you have wrinkles, but im still in my 20s so if you dont have wrinkles you need to make sure to moisturize skin!!) - this product causes your skin cells to turnover so it basically is trying to get all of the dirt and dead cells to resurface in order to have new skins cell to form so you get rid of scarring - need to apply for weeks (over 1 month to notice some fading of acne and 2 months to see drastic fading where scars are almost gone then).. but got rid of my acne scars completely - tugs my skin a bit so it looks as if i got like small strings pulling my skin in a botox kindof a way - apply only at night

altoidsmint

- Reduces acne severity - Makes skin feel 'healthier' after use - Stickiness - Initial irritation (slight burning/itching, but no acne) - No noticeable fading of acne scars (or too gradual to tell) This review is for the 20% Skin Refinish M2 bottle only. Pros: I was running out of dan's bp and decided to try using M2. There was no initial breakout like Dan's BP. This could be because of the BP already purging everything away, but it was still a very seamless transition. Using it everyday made my skin irritated (but no breakouts) so I switched to every other day. In the next few weeks, it made existing pimples less severe/painful. A weird, random rash under my jaw from using Dan's BP also disappeared. In the long run, I noticed my usual whitehead/cysts were less common (I still always get one or two during my monthly cycle). It also made those pimples under my skin less painful and disappear within a few weeks. Cons: It is very sticky so I use this at night and change my pillowcases every two days. The directions say to follow with moisturizer, but it just doesn't seem very productive, like you are rubbing off the M2. I would like to know how others moisturize and use this product. My face is a bit drier due to this, but not enough to cause outbreaks. I bought this initially to fade acne scars. I don't see any real results. I have been switching AHA every other day with it as well. No real results, so this might be just be me. Bottom line: As soon as I run out of this bottle (same bottle for 6+ months) I will buy the whole set. It seems to work for me better than BP.

Guest cat
Guest cat

-Gets rid of germs -Clogged pores are clean - -Stings [Depending on your acne] -Sticky -Works well only when your pimples are opened or popped, it won't work well with pimples that are shut. Buy it! Definitly worth it! It cleared up my acne nice & easy:]

Guest William
Guest William

-reduces hyperpigmentation -reduces pimples, somewhat -not sold in australia (had to order from the US) -smells bad -sticky -initial burining sensation -itching if you're looking for a product that reduces hyperpigmentation, then this is your best bet. M2 simply delivers what it states. the first time i used this, it burned...alot. it says on the bottle that you might get a slight "tingling sensation"...yeah right. after some further, lighter applications i really did notice dramatic differences with my hyperpigmentaion. as for treating pimples, this isn't the best thing out there so i found that alternating with differin worked really well for me (just a note; don't use both at the same time). furthermore, it does nothing to prevent or treat cystic acne. i didn't start my routine with M2, i probably introduced it about 1 month after using differin every night, and i think that was a good move since it's not great with active acne. also, i didn't find any sort of purging effects when using M2. the real bottom line is, if you want results and don't mind the inconveniences, then M2 is for you.

Guest Beverly hills
Guest Beverly hills

Helps clearing the scars and prevents break outs. It will reduce a bump immediately. A little sticky, and might irritate the skin initially. It got better with time, no more irritation for me. Like any other acne Victim I have been trying out everything and anything that you can use for Acne. I was just tired of everything. One thing I want to tell you guys is Just one product will not control your acne completely. Combination is a must, from my experience and research. Right now my regimen is morning: 1. wash face with Biore deep cleaning. face wash with steam activated beads. 2. Use differin on entire face 3.wait for 1/2 hour before any type of makeup Spironolactone 50mg at lunch once I am home in evening 1.Wash my face with acne.org Cleanser 2. Mama M2 Lotion Spironolactone 50mg at dinner My diet is free from Caffeine, chocolate and cows milk. substitute for cows milk for me is Almond milk (yum yum) I do crave chocolates but I do end up getting a spot eventually if I have them. PS. I use 100% Aleo vera as my moisturizer and sometimes Acne.org moisturizer as well. Depends which one is on hand. At present 99% acne free.

Comments

very minor irritation for an acid odd odor, doesn't layer well, sticky if you use too much I used M2 (the modern version of MaMa Lotion) to treat my melasma, which I have had for about two years. I have dry, sensitive, extremely fair skin. I used M2 for 14 weeks, applying twice weekly for two weeks (per instructions), then every other day or every day afterward. Occasionally, I applied in the morning and evening (for bad acne phases), but generally applied once a day in the evening before bed. I observed a lightening of pigmentation and some minor reduction of redness on two small patches of skin on either side of my nose within the first two weeks of use (this did not change beyond the 2nd week of use). At weeks 7 and 8, the melasma appeared to lighten, but this was not observed beyond week 8, and even appeared to return to its previous state. At the end of 14 weeks, I saw no further improvement and stopped use. Irritation with M2 was mild, usually a slight stinging and minor redness until acclimation (within the first 2 weeks). Peeling was very superficial and not bothersome. After over three months of use, M2 did not have an observable effect on my melasma, but it did work well on my acne, and I keep the bottle around to use as a spot treatment.

Guest alex
Guest alex

It both works for removing acne scars fast AND prevent further acne breakouts! Expensive, hard to find (but you can order it worldwide, eg. from [link removed]) It's expensive, but if you have acne problems then it's well worth it. I'm in my 20s, I had some severe acne recently on my face leaving nasty scars on my cheeks. I use this product one or two times a day after cleaning my face gently (with some lotion for sensitive skin). It sometimes leaves a shiny layer on the skin, so you might want to do it at night only. As recommended, I put some sunscreen when going out. I haven't had any acne breakouts since I started doing that, despite having severe acne! Remember not to use any oily lotion (eg, avoid vitamin E oil) if you have acne. But most importantly, it significantly cleared the scars within a week or two. Brilliant.

Guest jeff
Guest jeff

Wow! I was really skeptical abpout buying this product but it works! clears up scars works fast doesnt break out acne(an i have really sesitive skin) evens out skin tone smells, sticky, kinda expensive but worth it first times using it i flaked maybe i was using it to much at first i didnt really trust this web site i feel like a lot of reviews are fake especially dans products they all seem to have the highest rating and most reviewed..... but this product really works i thought it might be a scam or waste of money but this has been the best thing for my acne ive ever botten an i have been on accutane, pro-active, antibiotics difrent things since i was 14 but this is the most drastic product u can buy without a prescription.. i love it!

Comments

Re-surfaced my skin, acne crates disappeared, lightened up my dark spots Stinging sensations, skin tightening, strange smell that you'll eventually get used to... I got my MaMa lotion 2 years ago from SkinCareRx online. I was so insecure of my acne crates and all the scars it left behind so I did a ton of research and found this cream. I read all of the reviews carefully and hoped to God that it wouldn't irritate my skin or make my acne worse because it's about $50 a bottle. (Quite an investment for cream) I was skeptical but gave it a shot and I was so grateful I did. I have to admit it, it made my face smell like fart but eventually you'll get used to the smell and you'll see your skin reconstruct itself in no time. I guess they changed the branding for the lotion now and added different kinds of moisturizers and ingredients. I can't imagine how it works now, knowing it did an amazing job the first time around. I would totally recommend this but find someplace where you can order a sample size before you buy it. Remember results vary and not all products work with all skin types.

Guest Pheisty
Guest Pheisty

Fairly easy to use, great pump bottle, fades acne scarring, resurfaces skin, kicks acne a$$. The bottle isn't see-thru, so you can't see when you're running low. I've been using the *new* MaMa lotion, M2, and I have to say that this is the only thing that is consistently working on my cystic acne. It totally resurfaces your skin. Many of my acne scars that I've had for years have faded & are nearly invisible. Even during my hormonal moments, it keeps acne at bay. If I do break out, I only have a couple of zits instead of an entire crop of them. My skin is glowing & youthful-looking. I no longer have to cake makeup on my face, which is liberating in itself. Many of my friends & family have commented on how great my skin looks. I have tried nearly every product to get rid of my acne, including a good deal of homeopathic treatments, but this is my HG anti-acne product. I'm 35 and this is the first time in my life I've felt good about my skin! NOTE: I alternate this every other night with Dan's AHA with super results. I also use Dan's cleanser, and spray colloidal silver on my face throughout the day if I'm feeling particularly oily.

Guest James
Guest James

great for getting rid of spots and scars

Guest tiwhzb
Guest tiwhzb

WtHmzK <a href="[link removed]">ruyrctxardeo</a>, [url=[link removed]]vzmopwxwqrsv[/url], [link=[link removed]]rqjpdtdgkgot[/link], [link removed] WtHmzK <a href="[link removed]">ruyrctxardeo</a>, [url=[link removed]]vzmopwxwqrsv[/url], [link=[link removed]]rqjpdtdgkgot[/link], [link removed] WtHmzK <a href="[link removed]">ruyrctxardeo</a>, [url=[link removed]]vzmopwxwqrsv[/url], [link=[link removed]]rqjpdtdgkgot[/link], [link removed]

Comments

Makes your skin smooth, brighter, less acne and fine lines. Very affordable considering how long 1 bottle can last plus you don't have to pay that $20 or $40 co-pay for a dermatologist. Doesn't smell that great, and a little sticky, but worth it for the results that you get I developed acne at 22, finally, 2 years later I have found something that takes care of acne, sun damage and even fine lines around my eyes and mouth. I was starting to get small scars and those have all but dissappeared. My derm put me on Ziana gel about 3 months ago for and it never really did much to control my break-outs. I still use the Ziana gel at night and use the MaMa lotion every morning before I apply my make-up. The first week was like night and day in the difference in my skin. I love this stuff!!

Guest Rob
Guest Rob

It works and I love the new M2 Skin Care Version the Skin Refinish it is a bit sticky and doesn't have a fragrance and I like that but my wife thinks it is a bit smelly If you want to try it Most people seem to have good results and I think it is normal for a few to not like it but the vast majority seem to have good results. I have a sister where sulfer based crap is the only stuff that works for her but I love Love LOVE this stuff

Guest Randi
Guest Randi

Reduces pimpless, redness, and scarring. May be a little expensive for some. Most of the acne products I've used have been medications prescribed by my doctor, but I found that none of those truly worked. Then I decided to try MaMa Lotion and I'm really glad I did. My skin has cleared up a lot, and is also less oily. Bottom line, MaMa lotion is good for reducing acne, but it does not make it go away (although I do not believe there is a product that will do that) I STILL get pimples here and there, but they are usually small and gone within a day or two. Before using MaMa, I would get very large cystic type acne, but not anymore. I really like this product and will continue to use it in hopes that I will have even better reviews after a few years of use. TIP: It is best to use this lotion with a moisturizer, as the lotion is a bit sticky and will help make your skin feel more smooth.

Guest DMONEY
Guest DMONEY

Fades light acne scarring away. Cool bottle. Just slightly fades the scars away, doesn't exactly get rid of them. I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my acne scars. I use it about every other night. Easy to apply, smell is not bad, and helps fades scars away.

Comments

Smooth skin Reduced acne scars Even out skin tone None I have been suffering with acne since my late 20's. I read the reviews on here about MaMa Lotion and decided to try it out. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the results. For anyone that has tried everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - try MaMa Lotion. It has worked wonders on my overly sensitive skin. I followed the twice/wk directions then continue to use it every night before going to bed. I was very amazed at how smooth my skin appeared in the morning (and how my picky skin tolerated the product). I apply my moisturizer immediately after. Any skeptics will be pleasantly surprised.

Guest George
Guest George

Works awesome on acne scars. Peeling Skin, Pump clogs easily. Could have come up with better means of applicating. Buy it and feel better about yourself!

Popular Over-the-counter