Madina African Black Soap reviews

4.1/5 - 64 reviews

Brand: Madina

Triclocarban.

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Fragrance, Glycerin, Cocoate Butter, Iron Oxide, Aloe Powder, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tocopherol Acetate.

Madina African Black Soap

Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 06/07/2017 07:12 UTC

Madina African Black Soap

choose the right black soap
Reviewed on June 30, 2017

African black soap worked for me but I am now using a retinoid so I can't use the soap with it. I will say that if you are going to try black soap you need to get the authentic kind!! from Africa!! NOT shea moisture, that one breaks a lot of people out, it did for me.

Maybe
Reviewed on June 18, 2017

I looked into abs a lot , I got mine from amazon it's the incredible by nature brand . When looking for abs it needs to be raw organic , and 100% pure unrefined. Mine was made in Africa so that's good lol . The kind I have comes in a big block I cut it in half and put it in two zip lock bags then I use one of the half at a time and cut pieces off . Each piece lasts me about two days . I got a soap holder from wallgreens about two dollars put the pice I cut off one of the blocks in it . Never put the soap directly on your face it will scratch you ! Rub it between your hands and use the later from yours hands on your face . I have been using abs again for about two weeks ' I tried it about a year ago and gave up after a week ' I use it at night to wash my makeup off and then I use first aid beauty ultra repair face moisturizer. No more toners or oils I'm trying a simple more natural route . You will need a moisturizer with abs !!! Preferably a non comedogenic one ! In the morning in the shower I barely touch the soap just like hold the wet bar and wash my face with that . And follow by moisturizer. Since cutting my routine and using abs and only moisturizer my face has improved about 35 % in two weeks ! I have been getting a lot of compliments! Wich is great to hear expecially when all you do is obsess over your face . Hearing good feed back is amazing ! I plan to stick to this routine for a minimum of two more months and see where it takes me. Good luck ! 👍 ps this type of black soap doesn't seem to be the one to get considering their are to many ingredients and fragrance is one of them ! The one I use that I said up top is only like 15 dollars or something on amazon and will last about two months !

by pdm327 on 08/09/2017 15:25
May I ask where you purchased yours and how you introduced it to your skin? Did you start right away and wash morning and night or did you ease into it gradually? I'm just trying to get insight before I dive head first, literally.
Made a huge difference and I feel so clean
Reviewed on May 21, 2017

Make sure to get a 100% real African black sop. It should be kinda lumpy looking and be varying in color from light brown to dark brown not uniform in any way. It will be sorta soft and crumbly. Take a bottle fill with water add about a quarter or so or your black soap to the water. Wait overnight it will dissolve attach a pump and use this liquid soap on your face twice a day. It will be drying (at least to me it was and I have extremely oily skin use a good moistureizer I use jojoba oil) it took almost 3 weeks but I can really and truly see a difference. At first it just seemed to help my acne heal faster but I've been taking pictures of my acne daily to see if things actually change or if I just forget how bad it can be. Pictures don't lie my acne is at least 60% less and significantly less red and this is more astounding since I just got off of my period and I normally break out bad then. I really wish I could post pictures to show you the difference it had made. Give it a shot just get the real stuff I got the African shea moisture soap before I got the real stuff (the department store kind that's solid black and uniform) and it didn't do much it smells nice and my fiancé likes to use it in the shower but no significant change to my acne so make sure you get the real stuff.

by pdm327 on 08/09/2017 15:14
More acne.....
Reviewed on April 22, 2017

I tried the shea moisture black soap after a long period of hesitation because of the good/ bad " causing acne" reviews and unfortunately it didn't work for me. More breakouts appeared the next day immediately after using it. I knew it was the soap because 2-3 weeks prior to this, i was almost acne free. Alhamdullah. I tried it because I've ordered it already. After using it, i felt that my face was really soft and initially i was soo happy. Then "surprise" .... more breakouts and the breakouts were cystic not small bumps.. i didn't use it for too long because this soap is not supposed to cause any purging effect. Yeah every skin is different so it might work for you.

PS: I'm having oily skin. for me personally i like my face to be super clean after using a soap, not dry but at least i should feel that I've used something.. i don't know really how to explain it, it is the way that u feel your face is less oily for at least 2-3 hours. however, with this soap particularly i didn't experience this. my face was still oily after using it.

by Kinky.donkey on 04/25/2017 13:37
I'll agree. Before I used it my face was clear, but now it seems like I'm have breakouts, and even when I put moisturizer on my face still feels dry.
by rinnnnaaaaamm on 06/30/2017 22:23
shea moisture black soap isn't real African black soap
Didn't work at all
Reviewed on February 1, 2017

I used this for a month or so now, it didn't work for me, instead of making my face clearer it went worse and i have more breakouts on my right cheek and not a lot on my left or my forehead.. it might work for some people but didn't work for me.. has anyone else used any other products that worked for them? please let me know

by Dearemily on 05/28/2017 03:43
If you have oily skin you should try using a less drying soap. Some people think drying your skin out will fight oil but it's the opposite. If your skin is dry it is going to produce MORE OIL to compensate for what it has lost. Oil fights oil. Try using good moisturizers and make sure you keep your skin nourished. You will soon see less oil. If you want to use this soap, I would recommend using a great moisturizer with it. It's a very drying soap.
Not for me.
Reviewed on October 5, 2016

Black soap is deffinetly not for me.

After tons of research on acne.org, I finnally purchused the soap. After three days of using this soap I had four new cysts, and I was breaking out on my forehead(where I never get acne).

At first, I thought this was just my skin purging, but with more research with this product, I know that this is not possible.

The only thing that can make you purge is products with actives in it, which this product dosent have becuase it is all natrual.

If this product is breaking you out, your skin dosent agree with it, and you should stop using it.

by mizzys on 02/01/2017 12:36
so what did you use after
by ashiqat.aljana on 02/10/2017 21:11
U r right! The Same happened to me as well.
by Strangelady on 06/15/2017 03:15
i went back to using my aveeno clear complexion soap. works wonders
MIRACLE SOAP!
Reviewed on August 20, 2016

I've been using African black soap as part of my regimen for about three to four days now and I must say this thing is a miracle. I mean it. Although I don't have any active acne, the soap has done wonders for my hyperpigmentation and scars. I'm really at a loss for words at the results thus far. Mind you, I use the soap twice a day. I lightly apply some lather in the morning while I wash up and once more at night. I've heard that African black soap can cause the skin to purge but I haven't experienced any purging, personally. Make sure to buy the African black soap that comes in a plastic/cellophane wrapping. Make sure that you're getting the right black soap! It should not be black but more caramel colored. All I can say is I'm impressed and I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation and/or acne scarring. My skin is so much smoother and even after just three to four days of using the soap. Needless to say I'm excited to see what more it can do in the near future. A+++ product.

by psychedelicate on 08/23/2016 22:41
I just wanna add that it's been about a week since I started using African black soap and my PIH/scarring has noticeably decreased. It seems as if the scars, which for me are quite clumped together, is evening out. The texture of my skin is a lot smoother than before I started using the soap. I had a few small pimples since using the soap but nothing that hasn't been uncontrollable. It appears as though the soap really does target the problem areas well and gets deep into the skin. I'm not sure if it's the vitamin E that's active in the soap that's doing this but whatever it is I am eternally grateful for it. Here's to everyone getting their skin under control. Start with African black soap. I'm serious!
by psychedelicate on 09/16/2016 04:29
So it's been about a month since I started using black soap and honestly the results are incredible. I went from having very defined and textured scars to light and faded scars. The texture of my skin has also dramatically improved. This is something everyone needs in their regimen.
by PriscilaG8 on 10/01/2016 20:06
Can you list the brand of the soap that you use?
by psychedelicate on 10/04/2016 20:31
[link removed]
by psychedelicate on 10/04/2016 20:32
I can't add a link but just search "100% Natural Raw African Black Soap BAR, Organic, Unrefined GHANA west Africa" on eBay.
Not All Black Soaps Are The Same.
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

I have dark skin, which tends to be mostly oily in warm climates, and dry in colder climates. For almost 20 years, I've cleaned my face with 50% or better (preferably 70%) alcohol. This removed most oils and dirt from my face. Also, it seemed to keep pimples away. As you may well know, it will dry your skin out like a desert. I didn't mind this. For mega-years, I've used Ambi Skin Fade cream for a moisturizer. Although, I hated the after-scent, I continued using it. Around my nose and at the crown of my nose (between my eyes) I had very dry patches. The only thing that seemed to get rid of it was 1% Hydrocortisone ointment. Believe it or not, the cream formula did absolutely nothing, it had to be the ointment. Now fast forward to the winter of 2015. I was introduced to natural skin care products as a business venture. I have to say that I've never looked back and will never go back to any form of chemically based product at your local big box retailer. As for one, African Black Soaps are excellent for the face and body. For me, since I'm in the business of selling natural and organic skin care products, I use everything that I carry. I've tried the black soap pictured here, and I found that it is good, but not the best. It contains the necessary ingredients for "my" skin type, but did not give me that "ump" that I was looking for. Then I tried a Raw African Black Soap. Now this was the mother load! It gently cleans my face, but removing all dirt and oil without drying me out. Furthermore, I have very little dryness around my nose now. Instead of using Ambi, I now use natural shea butters for moisturizing. I want to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the soap being reviewed, but it just does not perform like raw African black soaps from Ghana. I am open to comments and questions at any time! Stay chem-free and live!

love t
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I has acne a while ago it cleared up but i still have a bit of scaring. i have been using this for about 2 weeks now and honestly its great!!!. ive never had a cleanser that has managed to totally remove my makeup with out wipes, im really impressed. it did sting the first couple of times but that stopped. i also have dry skin but if you mosturise properly i use shea butter or cocoa butter and you'll be fine. its really cleared up my complexion, its fantastic.

GREATTTT
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I have struggled with acne for about 5 years now. My doctors have concluded that it is hormonal. I have tried birth controls, prescription meds, topical treatments, etc. I also have tried Mary Kay acne line and Clinique acne line. Everything worked for about 3 months then went right back to where it started. I heard about African black soap not too long ago and was hesitant to try it because of the "purging" stage. However, with nothing helping I desperately went and bought some and just started using it about a month ago! I got the Shea Moisture brand black soap from Ulta, as well as a Shea moisture line moisturizer. I didn't think the soap was very drying. And within the month I've been using it, my face has slowly but surely started to heal!! I hope this continues to work and I don't mind waiting for it to get better because it seems as if it's deeply cleaning my skin and pores!! The first 2 weeks my face was more broken out but that went away fast. I would recommend this to others!!

by patlbi on 10/04/2016 14:55
Is it still keeping you clear?