x

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 reviews

2.1/5 - 26 reviews

Brand: MAC

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Octinoxate (2.5%) and Titanium Dioxide (1%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Not worth the disaster and dermatologist bills afterwards
Reviewed on January 14, 2018

Amazing coverage and flawless Hollywood star picture effect, however the 'price' you have to pay for. After using this product for about the months - on and off..OMG my skin is so bad. Breakouts everywhere and a few cystic acne as well. I have had clear skin all my life and this breakout is really really bad to the point that I am stresssed out and embarrassed to go out. It took me sometime to figure out what was causing the breakout and am glad I finally did. During Christmas I stopped using the product as I was home for a week and my skin was better. I used it twice last week and my face is on full on breakout mode again. Now it's apparent which product is the culprit. As for the scar, I am using Estée Lauder synchronised recovery serum - has been using for 6 years now and it has once again proven its value, its worth every penny. Conclusion ditch the studio fix - not worth the disaster afterwards.

Real-life photoshop, but the consequences are terrible
Reviewed on May 7, 2017

I wish I hated this foundation. It's the only one that looks like actual perfection on my skin, it covers everything (I suffer with acne -not cystic- and a looooooooot of post-acne red spots that once they're left behind, they legitimately never fade). I can't describe how beautiful it looks on the skin. But once it's removed, the next day I started getting red areas across my face, which have turned into numerous painful acne as well as blackheads and pus-filled pimples. After 2 weeks of application, my skin is finally calming down with reactions. Unfortunately, as I said, the post-acne spots never fade on me as I'm white as snow, I'm bound to left with those ugly reminders of this foundation even after acne is completely gone.

Higly comedogenic, clogs n break you out
Reviewed on April 14, 2017

I am user of Mac studio fix fluid foundation n it's biggest fan. If looks damn beautiful on skin, gives full coverage n makes your face look like a perfectly painted canvas but the worst part comes later. It breaks you out like hell. It took me two years to understand the cause of my breakout. I never broke before, it was just like once in a blue moon concept. I got married in 2012, thenafter I started using Mac for beautiful coverage. It made me braekout with big huge cysts. But it was too hard to believe as their makeup artist claimed that it can't breakout any kinda skin. Then I got pregnant in 2015 n gradually stopped using that much makeup I.e. Mac studio fix.

Within few days my acne cleared n my skin looked clean. Since then I stopped using Mac foundations n my skin is free from acne completely.

Now m in search of equivalent beautiful foundation especially which gives yellow finish just like mac but with no breakout.

Plzz suggest

Regards

by Nothing but my Opinion on 01/09/2018 12:46
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am Anne, I am a french green beauty blogger and I have made a list of clean foundations (without silicones like in MAC, or harmful ingredient) : [link removed] I hope you will find the foundation that suits you! The MAC one contains a lot of silicones, including cyclopentasiloxane which is a very bad ingredient because it is a silicone that clogs your pores and which is an endocrine disruptor... Cheers, Anne
Coverage wasn't great, clogged pores
Reviewed on January 11, 2017

I bought this after seeing it is classed as a full coverage foundation. The coverage I would say was medium, my redness showed through and if I leave it on too long it did cause spots in my problem areas.

Breaks me out
Reviewed on December 11, 2016

I can't say i didn't help me to coverage my acne/scars, it have a really good coverage, but it feels kind of heavy, but it looks amazing when you put it in your skin, looks natural with one layer. After weeks, it breaks me out so badly, now I have pimples in my cheeks and in my forehead, I will buy another foundation, and return this. Very disappointed.

If you want to f**k your face, go get this
Reviewed on November 10, 2016

So. I'm giving it two starts just cause it has an amazing shade palette and I love the consistence and also the coverage is amazing. When you don't have acne prone skin, go get this for sure. But if you have, don't buy it. I went in Mac being considered that I will buy the best make up that I can and I asked for something that can cover. She gave me studio fix. Yes it was perfect color and covered everything. And yes in one week I had perfect pimples all over my face 😂 I didn't realize it's the make up and I continued using it another 2 months until I realize that I'm doing something wrong with the make up. I stoped using it and everything got fine. So for me never again :) but quality is nice.

Good coverage but very comedogenic!
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Don't get me wrong....the coverage is amazing. First time I found a foundation that looked natural on me but I started noticing myself breaking out with tiny lumps all over my cheeks, jawline and forehead. This product is definitely NOT non-comedogenic. Unfortunately I still use it to cover my acne as I haven't purchased anything new and each time I'd break out.

Pimples everywhere
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

I wanted to give it one star but ugh I just love how the foundation. I was looking for a new foundation for an event I was going too and bought this one. Ive heard so many good reviews about how good coverage it gives. It did give a wonderful coverage but after I took it off....my face just broke out all over. Little tiny dots all over my chin and jawline. Pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible it lasted for a good 2 months until I couldn't take it and went to the doctor.

by shasha1991 on 03/10/2016 05:08
What did the doctor tell you to do ?
Not good for acne skin
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

Years ago before I had bad acne I quite liked this foundation. Last year during a major breakout and with VERY bad oily skin I gave this another go.... not good for acne skin. Made me break out MUCH more and clogged my pores really badly and also made them appear more visible.

SO good!
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

this is an amazing foundation! I have been using it everyday for the last 3 weeks and my skin is better than ever.

I went to MAC and asked for a foundation that could is buildable and that would work on very combination skin (like seriously combination - my t-zone is so oily I'm surprised BP hasn't contacted me yet for drilling rights..)

anyway back on topic - in the store they emphasised having well moisturised skin but also mixing a primer or moisturiser into the foundation to sheer it out and make it less cakey and heavy - and what a difference it makes! Naturally I was hesitant of layering moisturiser onto my already oily t-zone but to be honest it hasn't been a problem at all - and I've been told that adding extra moisture can help the situation which it does seem to have done pretty nicely.

I have also tried the foundation alone and while it can be pretty with an hour and a half of buffing - it's not perfect! (good for a night out though - it doesn't go anywhere)

I sort of feel like you have to approach this bottle as being a very big and very heavy duty concealer - it is just SO pigmented. But when sheered out it is absolutely gorgeous and lasts ALL day and ALL night (even with my oil slick of a t-zone).

All in all i think this is a very nice foundation that is just being a little misunderstood!

p.s. its EVEN BETTER with FIX+ sprayed under it aswell as when you are done :)

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org