Lush Herbalism Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Herbalism Cleanser

Love it!

I've been using this for about 2 months now. I use this daily in the morning, and just moisturize after use. It helps with that daily exfoliation, the grain is not super thick, so it's not for a deep exfoliation (personally). I use the Ocean Salt for a deep exfoliation 1-2X a week. Using the Herbalism along with the Fresh Farmacy soap in the evenings, and witch hazel as a toner has really cleared up my otherwise problematic skin. If I do get a blemish, it's quick to dry up, and drains out well. Right now I'm hoping this regime helps clear up the acne scars I have left over. I would try this out for sure (grab a sample!), good luck!!

NOT FOR ACTIVE ACNE

I have sensitive skin but was recommended this cleanser. At first I couldn't stand the smell but I got used to it. I found that daily use was too abrasive for me, even though I was very careful to be gentle and not to scrub it on my skin. At that time i only had scarring from cystic acne, and small white under-the-surface bumps. Maybe this is better every other day or so, to help with skin renewal. I think people with less sensitive skin could love this though. As for active cystic acne I would not recommend this AT ALL, it would only irritate and worsen it.

Not "great" at all

I had very high hopes for this cleanser, seeing how it cleared many people's acne. Before this, I tried dark angels. That one did NOT work either. I have cystic acne, pretty bad, all along my chin and cheeks. This completely worsened it and I had the worst, most painful pimples come in after one day. Also, my blackheads multiplied and they were literally the size of my large freckles on my face. When I used my toner, a green residue was left on my cotton pad, like I didn't rinse it all off. Not the best cleanser

The Lush Fresh Catastrophic Cosmetic mask is awesome. I use it 3 times a week. I have also stopped eating red meat and dairy and started taking a non dairy probiotic (PB8) and have not had a cystic flare up since I altered my diet. My gut and hormones were a mess from taking antibiotics for acne. We are all different but sometimes there is something we consume that feeds inflammation or makes our hormones and gut imbalanced. I have also began looking at product packaging and choose ones that are SLS free. Lush has a good agua marine one but Giovanni brand has a line called DTox that I like.
Hey if your still struggling with acne go to a site called [link removed] and use the ingredients tool to check if any of the products your are using are clogging your pores. Nearly all products in the skincare industry have comedogenic ingredients in them but this site has a ton of product recommendations and regimes that will not make you break out its helped my skin so much.

TRY IT

The most amazing cleanser I have ever tried (and believe you me that would be A LOT) it feels extremely gentle though it has many exfoliating properties. It is preferably for people with oily skin but has helped calm and smooth my dry skin. I'm beginning to believe it's one of the key products used in completely clearing my skin. The only downfall is, it runs out rather quickly which is expensive in the long run if used as a daily cleanser but other than that I HIGHLY recommend.

Nice and gentle

This is a nice and gentle exfoliating cleanser. I have extremely delicate/reactive skin and have had no issues using this on a daily basis. I couldn't say if it does much for acne or oil control, but I don't rely on cleansers for that since they're on the skin for such a short amount of time. I do need physical exfoliation as my skin doesn't tolerate alpha hydroxy acids and this gets the job done well. I have also noticed fewer clogged pores and blackheads as a result of the mild but regular exfoliation. My skin feels extremely smooth afterwards and not at all tight or dry (one of my biggest issues with most cleansers). It is also calming and I notice a reduction in surface redness after use. I would consider repurchasing, though I'm also interested in trying the Aqua Marina cleansing "roll".

Did you try the aqua marina cleanser ? I have just tried it out the past 3 days and its making my face extremely dry in patches on my face

EH

I started using Herbalism as of a month ago. i did see change at first, but after a while my blemishes came back. it also does not help when coming to minimize the redness. its overall good at making your skin smooth tho. although i did buy it because it said it would even squinting as well, didn't work its magic on that either. it is a bit weird at first when using, you get used to it tho.

superb!

I am absolutely obsessed with this face wash. it moisturizes and helps with the dry patches on my skin. I have only been using this product for about a week and I can already see a difference. I have finally found something that continues to improve my acne. try it!

Pricey but WORTH EVERY PENNY and can go a long ways

I came across Lush Cosmetics through Youtube and heard how wonderful Herbalism was for acne prone skin. I know everyone's skin is different but it REALLY worked wonders for mine! I have oily-combo skin with random dry patches and I've been fighting acne since middle school (I'm 24 now) so I decided give Herbalism a try and wow it's made a great difference in my skin! I don't get the deep painful cyst acne anymore, and if I do breakout, it's a small pimple that goes away after a day or two. I use Herbalism in the morning and night (sometime's I'll swap it with Lush's Angels On Bare Skin cleanser at night) Every week I do a salicylic acid face scrub (I like the Yes To Tomatoes one) and I also use Witch Hazel as a toner, and I do any spot treatments with Lush's Grease Lightning, finish it off with some light moisturizer and this has worked! ( I also change my pillowcases every few days and TRY to eat better and not touch my face a lot) I also wanted to say that if you have a LUSH store near you, go inside and ask for a sample of any of their products and you can test them out first. That's how I first tried Herbalism. The nearest Lush store is about a hour away from me so after my first visit I end up ordering online which can add up quick because i buy the big tub of it and with shipping costs but I think it's well worth the money. hope this helps!

Comments

Awesome! Natural and AWESOME!!

I had acne problems randomly start up at the age of 31. Deep "zits" that would scar if popped, but pulsed with pain if left alone. I did so research but found nothing natural work to well. I lucked out and came by LUSH at the mall and went in and browsed around looking for something to try. I came across Hebalism and gave it a shot. It started clearing my skin as existing pimples faded off and less and less new ones re appeared. It's now been 6-7 months and my skin is pimple free and no scars. I've been wanting to come share my experience as I know how frustrating acne can be!! I'd recommend trying this natural product. Wash with Herbalism in AM and before bed in PM and don't miss any days and I think you'll be presently surprised in 1-2 weeks. I hope this helps someone(s) out there!

dds

Finally! after a long skin care journey

I have a problem with dry skin, when my skin is dry it produces more oil/sebum and then I break out terribly with cystic ance and regular pimples all over my face. I first cut dairy out of my diet which drastically reduced my cystic acne but I wasn't out of the woods yet. Then I switched from commercial chemical cleansers and exfoliants to all natural products. I started with Giovanni's Dtox cleansers and scrubs which totally cleared up my cystic acne and reduced regular pimples but I was still having regular (smaller) breakouts. Then I found Lush's Herbalism. This stuff totally keeps my face moisturized while gently exfoliating and cleasing. My face is finally healing with an ever so rare pimple here and there, nothing compared to what I was dealing with before! I also use Lush's Enzymion Facial Moisturizer, it smells like almonds and is light enough to keep my pores unclogged.

Made my skin less red

I use this along with Lush's Grease Lightning. I have always had red/pink cheeks and nose along with acne. This has taken almost all of the red out of my face; it's amazing. My acne is practically gone too. I'm 24 and thought I was always going to have acne but I think I finally found products that work for me If you have combination skin with redness problems; use this

Comments

Great cleanser, but I won't be using it for acne.

I recently purchased this product in an attempt to break free from harsh chemical facewashes. Within two days of using it I noticed a lot of my acne had toned down, and red marks had begun fading. I used this product twice a day for four weeks, morning and night. The first two weeks were great, my breakouts were reduced and my face had cleared up incredibly! (my boyfriend even commented that when he uses it his face feels "radiant" and "glowing"!) By the three week mark, I had gotten a large cystic breakout on my chin and jaw and by four weeks my acne had returned. While I absolutely LOVE this product, I do believe I'll be returning to my other facewash to get rid of breakouts. I'll definitely be trying it again when I feel my skin is in a better condition to do so, because this product is AMAZING! Pros: - It makes your skin feel clean - Good exfoliate - Not harsh at all - It smells amazing! Very earthy - It cleared me up within a few days - Gives skin a nice glow/radiance/makes it look very healthy - It got rid of A LOT of blackheads on my nose somehow Cons: - I honestly can't think of any, this product is excellent, but not what I need right now. I'll be coming back to it when I have clearer/easier to manage skin.

Comments

The only thing that has ever worked for me!

I've always had trouble with acne, but it all changed when I started Herbalism. When I first started using it I broke out A LOT. I went back to the store to return it, but the girl working explained that the product was going to pull everything forward, causing a breakout in the beginning, and then it would in turn soothe my skin- about a 2 week proccess. I decided to try it again and I couldn't be happer! I dont have as many blackheads or under the skin pimples. Scrubs such as St. Ives can be very rough on the skin, causing small abbrasions that can easily get infected or filled with dirt, causing more acne. Herbalism is such a gentle scrub so it does not damage your skin. The only downfall is that I don't feel like it completely removes all of my makeup, so I use Ultrabland to remove excess eye makeup prior, and sometimes I finish with an ocean salt scrub just to be extra clean. I rub my face with coconut oil afterwards, and surprisingly it has not caused any further breakouts.

Herbalism

Gentle exfoliator Calms redness Doesn't improve acne Kind of expensive I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an exfoliator to use on their sensitive skin. Personally, I can't use most exfoliators because they tend to do more harm than good. However, herbalism does an amazing job of exfoliating my skin without leaving me feeling like I just scrubbed my face with sand paper. I wash my face with herbalism in the morning before applying makeup because it removes any flakiness or dry skin that I have. The only downside is that it hasn't really made a difference in my acne. I'm also currently using Lush's tea tree water and Neutrogena's All-in-One treatment.

dds
Neutragena could be drying out your face. Try also using a facial cloth mask at night before bed soaked in honey/water or just plain water. The mask forces your face to soak up moisture and heal. They made a major difference for me.

Best cleanser ever

gentle exfoliation clears up breakouts no harsh ingredients a little messy *BACK STORY* I had light occasional breakouts through my mid-teens that would just get worse if I tried to use regular face washes and exfoliants. I'm a freshman in college now and in the past few months had been experiencing really painful, deep pimples all over my forehead, temples, chin, and cheeks. My skin would also flake a LOT around my nose and forehead after washing and then get really oily throughout the day. *ACTUAL REVIEW* Out of all of the cleansers and exfoliants I've ever used, Herbalism is by far the best. It comes in a kind of squishy patty shape in a plastic container. The label says it's good for about four months before it's time to toss (if you have any left). It has an earthy kind of "green" smell that's unusual but not unpleasant. It's sometimes a little tricky to get the right consistency because you have to break off a small bit, crumble it in your palm, and add a small amount of water to create a paste, but it's not runny and is super easy to massage into your skin. I feel like the wicked witch of the west when I wash my face because of the green color, which is fun. Its texture creates a nice gentle exfoliant that gets every bit of dead or flaky skin off without being harsh or gritty, which I love because I have VERY delicate skin. After every wash (I use it at night before bed), my face feels soft, smooth, and balanced. My acne has quickly faded, and the few new pimples I've gotten have gone away within just a couple of days after appearing. My skin also no longer flakes as soon as it dries and gets nowhere near as oily throughout the day. I highly recommend this for everyone with combination/problem skin. It's a miracle product for my crazy sensitive skin as well. The fact that Lush is a vegan brand (no animal byproducts or animal testing) and has employees that really know their stuff and helped me pick the perfect products is just the icing on the cake. *SIDE NOTE* I have been using Herbalism Cleanser in combination with Tea Tree Water Toner, Imperialis Facial Moisturizer, and Grease Lightning Spot Treatment. I and my friends have noticed that my face has a new healthy glow, too!

When you started using it did you breakout at first?

Made my skin smoother and softer. Might have caused more breakouts. Expensive. Left a residue. Smelt Weird. This was my first Lush product, and I reeeaaaly wanted to like it--I really did. However, I actually think it made my skin worse, AKA causing more breakouts. It did make my face softer and smoother, but even St. Ives can do that, and for a much lower price as well. It also smelled funny and left this disturbing residue on my face, which normally would've irked me beyond belief. However, it didn't, since I was trying so hard to like it. I'm sorry Lush, but this just ain't working out for me.

Guest Gabby
Guest Gabby

-Flattens pimples -Reduces redness -Smoothes skin -Results after first use -Lasts a long time -Smells weird -Hard to mix -Consistency I love this product! I am in 7th grade and I just started breaking out, and I was having oily skin...I was really concerned and tried everything in the market! I was on the lookout for a good cleanser, and I am glad I found this one!

Comments

makes skin soft,gets rid of oil and can help with break outs makes you break out more,too harsh,expensive first off all i love lush i adore it and i use alot of lush stuff in my skin care routine, when i first got this it worked i used whole pot, then i had to stop as i was getting breakouts in places i dont break out in much. i still sometimes use it, its good for big breakouts but shouldnt be used all time !

Guest Isbella D.
Guest Isbella D.

none Broke me out in places I have never been broken out. Immediately turned my acne red and irritated. the following day, my entire face was covered with acne. It has been 2 months since I first use this product. I still am being troubled with acne that occurred using this.. Before, I never had any acne on my cheeks or my forehead, which now I do. I mean, I had one or two on my chin, but never this much acne that can cover my cheeks and my forehead. If I knew using this product will cause me to have permanent acne scarring on my cheeks, I would've never! never! use this... (yes, I squeezed my big white puffy acne on my cheeks..) It can be very risky trying new products.. Currently, I've recovered 85% from the damage.

Comments

cleared my skin up rather quickly. didnt make me break out. good for people with bigger pimples. glowing skin. messy, weird consistency, bad packaging, not really great for blackheads. I loved this product, i used to have huge pimples but this product put a halt to that. I ran out of this product about a month ago but my skin is still basically clear. i recommended that everyone with acne try this. plus most of the lush products are vegan and they dont test on animals :)

Guest Allison
Guest Allison

It's natural, makes my skin glow and feel softer and smoother Smells terrible, messy, bad packaging, a little on the expensive side I wash with Herbalism, then follow with LUSH's Tea Tree Water Toner and LUSH's Vanishing Cream Moisturizer. My face really seems to like this combination. It leaves my combination skin nicely balanced; not dry, not oily. It isn't causing me to get more pimples, which is a miracle in itself! Most products don't cause me to break out, but will slowly start increasing acne over time. I've been using the Herbalism for a little over a month and I'm not getting more acne. My skin is left glowing and much smoother. The only things I hate are the smell and the packaging! I always end up dropping some because of how it crumbles.

Guest gls17
Guest gls17

cleared up dry patches, cleared up acne, brightened complexion, evened out combination skin, made skin softer and smoother a little pricier than most face washes, can get messy I have had an ongoing battle with teen acne for years. I used Accutane last year, and even though it helped my acne tremendously, I still get pimples here and there. I have combination skin, which gets oily and flaky at the same time! It's very annoying. A few months ago, I got a chemical peel and it left flaky dry patches on both sides of my face between my mouth and nose. They would not go away for months. After using Herbalism twice, the dry patches were completely gone. It evened out the oiliness and dryness of my skin, and has improved my acne without being too harsh on my skin. I don't trust anything else on my face! A container of Herbalism is a little more expensive than drugstore facial cleansers, but it is worth it and it lasts for months. Oh, and it exfoliates, too. All the ingrediants are organic, vegan, and gentle.

Popular Cleansers/Washes