Lush Dark Angels Reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Dark Angels

How to use Coz most ppl don't seem to know how

Ok I'm sorry but ppl need to stop saying the product is sh*t just because it leaves black streaks and then they have to run it of harshly just to get it off!u are using it wrong!!!with any cleanser which is lightly exfoliating u have to WET YOUR FACE before rubbing it on ur face!Duh!of course if it over all doesn't work for u then sure don't use it I mean it's definetly not good for sensitive skin but I never had black left overs on my skin and that's because I know how to use it properly and because I wash my face good.With any product if u don't wash it off properly it will clog ur pores and therefore make u break out more

It's a no from me

This was the first lush cleanser I've ever used. There was soooo much hype about it so naturally I was excited to use it. I actually loved the smell. I used this twice a day, and shortly after using it I developed a buuuunch of tiny pimples all along my face - mind you, I'm already suffering with horrible cystic acne. So I used this for about two months because sometimes cleansers can apparently make your skin worse before it gets better, or something like that. Well every time I used the cleanser, it left horrible black residue all over my face. So I had to scrub with a washcloth to get it off, which irritated my skin. Then, when I thought all of the cleanser was off, I would go in with toner and a cotton round and when I was done the cotton round would be covered in black residue from dark angels. So I really give up with lush cleansers (herbalism did the same thing with residue and gave me the most painful cystic acne) and highly suggest not using them because of this. They also contain fragrance which is not great for your skin. If you are looking for a wonderful cleanser for acne, especially a more natural one, I highly suggest the tea tree oil spa cleanser from Trader Joe's!

A product as exfoliating as this should definitely not be used twice a day. There is too much friction to the skin which causes frequent breakouts which worsens as the skin becomes more dry due to over exfoliation.

It's saved my face!

I've had acne since I was fairly young, and most creams or ointments I tried were to harsh even though I had oily skin. Dark angels has kept the acne under control and my face is even less oily without irritating my skin!

Acne remedy

I really like this scrub. I've been suffering from acne prone skin since I was 17 years old, going from product to product. Over the past 3 months of using Dark Angels I've seen a huge difference with my skin! I don't get big pimples anymore, sometimes a minor white head but it heals fast, my skin is glowing and my acne scars are healing. Overall, I'm really happy with the results. Especially when I use it as a morning scrub to smooth my skin before applying my makeup! I would definitely recommend this product. Ask Lush for a sample if you are looking to try a new acne remedy!

Rubbish

Bought this product from Lush because I thought that using something with 'natural' ingredients would help battle those pesky spots and keep them at bay. Alas, I was wrong. This product just makes me break out even more, I don't know whether it's because when I rinse it off I still have the product stuck in my pores which I can't scrub off or what. Don't buy!!

Meh

I would LOVE this if they took out the large sugar particles -- as it is, it's just way too abrasive to be used on a daily basis which is a shame because I otherwise like everything about it. I've resorted to using it as a mask 1-2x weekly and following up with a regular cleanser to remove any leftover residue. For daily use I prefer the Coalface bar or Herbalism. It's nice as a mask and leaves my skin feeling calm and smooth. It also seems to help shrink active breakouts a bit. I'm using it as a body scrub as well in order to use it up before it expires and it works great for that.

nahh

This one didn't work for me. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out with the slightest thing. Dark Angels clogged my pores almost immediately

recommended

I have oily skin and I'm prone to acne. This makes me brake out

MIRACLE CURE

This stuff is amazing. I have tried countless other over the counter products... creams, scrubs, toners... nothing worked! The BP and SA chemicals were so harsh on my skin and they still weren't even clearing my acne. Long story short, I (hopelessly) walked in to the LUSH store one day and they recommended this for my adult cystic acne (oily/combination, dry/flaky, red/blotchy skin). I was miserable until I tried this stuff. After ONE WEEK my acne was greatly reduced. I barely got any new pimples, and if I did they were tiny and healed quickly. I think those little pimples were already formed under my skin before I started this product. Anyway, now my skin is glowing with no new pimples! This stuff is also reducing my acne scars. Oh any my skin isn't as oily! PLEASE try this stuff! It is a miracle!

I know you posted this review over six months ago, but I am wondering if you had an initial break out when you first used this product? I have oily acne prone skin, also cystic ane, and have been using this every other day for the past week. I am breaking out in weird places that I usually do not break out in. I know it can be a sign that it is helping, but I do not want to continue if it isn't helping.
I'm having the same issue justinejeanne -did you continue to break out from dark Angels?

Great for Acne Prone Combination Skin.

This product is great for acne prone combination skin. I have a dry forehead and oily acne prone chin. I have been using this product every 2 days, leaving it on for 15 or 20 minutes before drying it off. It has significantly helped my breakouts. All I need now is something to get rid of the left over acne scars. :D I have really sensitive skin, so when I was using it everyday it was too harsh of an exfoliater. But using it every 2 days, has been perfectly fine. If you're not used to serious scrubs it will take some time getting used to it. I do not suggest using this if you have no acne and just dry skin.

Comments

Made my skin softer and smoother. Caused black streaks on my face that had to be removed with toner and/or makeup remover. Smelled odd. May have caused breakouts. This possible contributed to making my breakouts worse. To get started, it left a black residue which I had to use makeup remover to get rid of, and yes--I have heard of using toner to get rid of it. Secondly, it smelt...weird. Thirdly, it was a little too abrasive for my skin, even though it was a cool black color to look at, it felt like little pebbles on my face. I would not recommend this. I couldn't stand using it longer than a couple of days since I was running out of makeup removing pads fast.

Dark Angels is an exfoliating cleanser. It is meant to be abrasive. For sensitive skin I suggest, Let The Good Times Roll.
Guest Makenzie
Guest Makenzie

GREAT exfoliator! Leaves skin feeling smooth and clean I think its fun to use, its like you're rubbing mud on your face! Suprisingly gentle on your skin Your face just feels amazing afterwards!! A bit messy if you aren't careful Doesn't completely clear acne Less than pleasant smell I feel like this has cleared me up more than any other product has! Its not like one of those products that destroy your skin and dry it out to get rid of the acne. I actually love washing my face with this stuff because I love how my skin feels afterwards. Its a fantastic exfoliator and leaves your skin glowing and feeling so smooth and wonderfully soft. It doesn't clear all of my acne but my skin definitely feels clean and healthy, and it has cleared me up quite a bit!

Comments

Great value one container can last you over 3 months (so if you break the price up month to month you only spend a couple bucks) smooths skin sucks up oil smells pretty decent fun! reduces acne a bit messy and the price AT FIRST seems shocking. doesn't completely clear acne. This is good stuff for all of you who have never felt like your skin as never felt...smooth. I have oily, acne skin and decided to try something more natural after I got sick of buying 100 cases of Acne free. so I found LUSH. After trying herbalism and it not being strong enough I tried this. the charcoal sounded odd but after reading more it made sence. It also has tea tree oil in it which sooths the skin and sugar (please don't eat it). After the first night i put a pea size amount in my hand and a bit of water to get a paste. It was weird washing my face with it becuase i could feel it scrubing. After I washed it off, WOW! my skin has never felt so smooth!!! I can't stop touching my face (which I should lol). I use this with Enz...moisturizer and Tea tree toner and I have wonder feeling skin. Note: not for dry or sensitive skin, it'll kill your skin and don't push to hard. As well as for me this didn't get rid of my acne but cleared it up quite a bit so I'm happy :)

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin, as this actually worked wonders for me, my acne is gone after a few weeks, I still have acne scarring which I am working on as well.
Guest Leanna
Guest Leanna

Leaves my skin glowing Smooth skin It's a little messy! I was really impressed with this product. My friend and I went to our local lush store to stock up on some lush goodies and I stopped to look at this product. The sales associate offered to give my friend and I a facial. She used dark angels and after she was done, I'll admit I was hesitant to buy this! I am so happy I did though. This product is amazing. I use dark angels as my morning cleanser (my makeup goes on really smooth after using dark angels) and proactive as my night time cleanser. The two work wonders. A tip: like other reviews have said. make sure you use a toner after cleansing with dark angels. It gets rid of extra black/ gray color the cleanser leaves behind. :) I can't say this enough. I LOVE this product. Oh: also try lush cupcake made fresh mask.. and the vanishing cream facial moisturizer cream! <3 both of those products too!

Comments

-removes ALL oil -leaves your face fresh -smells ok -looks scary on face -pretty messy It cleared off any excess oil on my face and made it super super soft. I love the feel of my skin after I clear it off. It makes my sink dirty but it is definitely worth it. Lush offers different sizes, and I use a dime size amount, and the little 9 dollar container has lasted me 3 months. It is harsh if you have dry skin, and I only use it once every 1 and a half weeks. All in All I LOVE it with all my heart.

Comments

Exfoliates Removes excess oil Doesn't over-dry Smells good Fairly natural Messy Doesn't do much for acne Can be too harsh This is a really great product from Lush; after trying and being very disappointed with Herbalism and Fresh Farmacy, I wasn't eager to try another facial cleanser from this company. However, when the SA recommended this to me as being a cross between Angels on Bare Skin and Coalface (two products I'd always been interested in), I gave in. I got a small amount, but it's lasted me a while now. It forms a paste much, much more easily than Herbalism did, and the sugar exfoliates really well. The only issue with the exfoliation is that, when using it twice a day, my skin can get a little red. It does get rid of oil without drying my skin and causing excess oil production. The only disappointment about this is that it doesn't clear my acne that well :-(

Guest Avi Palacky
Guest Avi Palacky

-exfoliating -draws out oil -smells GOOD -prevents breakouts -black and messy (but don't let that stop you from using it!) Because it's organic and oil free, it is a miracle scrub for acne prone skin. It has charcoal which draws out oil, licorice root extract (which is an anti-inflammatory), and organic soap that washes off the charcoal. It is abrasive enough to refine your pores. Really great scrub!!

Popular Cleansers/Washes