L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation Reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation

Ok

Very little product huge brush and makes my face itchy.

Comments

Acne causing toxic foundation.

I was using this product for several years and now they have pulled it from the market I have realised it was the cause of my acne. It brought me out in the areas on the face associated with hormones as well as on occasion giving me dermatitis. Having read the reviews on this product many of which state it causes acne I am surprised L'Oréal were even allowed to sell it. It has scarred me for life as now left with pigmentation marks on my skin. I had put the acne down to other things until they withdrew this god damn awful product and replaced it with another. All of a sudden my skin cleared up. Wish I had identified this toxic product earlier as it has ruined several years of my life. Do not use if you want clear skin

Comments

Miracle makeup for oily acne-prone skin

This makeup is my holy grail everyday foundation. I prefer light-medium coverage for a natural look, and this makeup gives me that. The brush that comes with it is worthless. I apply with a kabuki brush, first by dabbing powder all over my face (concentrating on areas of redness and scarring from previous breakouts). Then I buff it out in circular motions both clockwise and counterclockwise (to minimize pores). It is very buildable without being cakey. My skin always feels like it can breathe. As with all mineral powder, this has a totally matte finish at first. As soon as my skin starts to produce oil, the makeup takes on a healthy sheen but NOT shiny! I am very oily, so I blot frequently with oil absorbing sheets. This makeup stays on all day with just a few touchups needed. I absolutely recommend this to anyone with normal to oily skin!

its not for me

it was good coverage but it made my face break out and clogged my pore

Amazing Foundation

I was using BareMinerals when I ran out and was given this. This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations because it doesn't break me out, covers amazingly and reduces redness. It's buildable, doesn't look like your wearing any makeup and mineralises my pores.

Comments

Finally! A drugstore Mineral Foundation that does not break me out!!

I have been using a scrub at night to scrub it (and the day) all off I have had no clogged pored using this foundation I can feel my skin still breathing after I put this on. And it looks more like skin and less like heavy makeup. Maybe the price, I got mine 40% off, and a spare for when I run out :) Will be buying another when this bottle runs out and it goes on sale for another back up!! My experience with this Mineral Foundation has been an absolute joy! I have been using this for over a fortnight now and It has not broken me out yet, and I can assure you that is strange for me! I break out at the drop of a hat. Especially makeup. I have just recently bought my second back up bottle because I love it that much! (and there was a 40% off sale at priceline). I love how it doesn't break me out and I can feel it lets my skin breath all day, I even do gym wearing it (when i'm too lazy to take it off..which is nearly everyday) and have not broken out, crazy huh? I use a blush brush to apply because I find this size brush fits into the bottle, I tap 3 times with my brush handle on top before opening to settle the powder so it does not go everywhere. I have got the technique down pack so I do not spill any anymore nor make a mess. I build my coverage up to a light-medium coverage and I find it leaves a wonderful dewy finish :) It looks like skin! Doesn't even look like i'm wearing makeup when I have it on. Covers blemishes extremely well. I just absolutely love this for everyday foundation - in fact I have even been using it for special occasions because I just love that airy feeling, that "my skin is actually still breathing with makeup on" feeling. I love that this mineral foundation is easy to find, don't have to go online and wait for postage :)

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

Light and natural looking Not enough coverage Aggravated acne Bottom Line, spend your money elsewhere. It doesn't really give you the coverage you need and it made my face break out

Comments

The best coverage from a mineral makeup that i've ever had. I find that with other mineral brands I have to keep layering and layering the product on my face for good coverage and it takes a lot of time. I can apply a light layer of this and it instantly covers redness and bumps. I had been using this makeup for about 4 years then decided to try other mineral makeup but they were all terrible/bad coverage. The packaging does suck, so I transfer it to a different dispenser.

Comments

Quick and easy to use, No need to re-apply amounts despite other reviews, Long lasting product despite the size of the contents, Not using fingers to apply which is good to avoid touching our face all the time, Gives good coverage, Healthy look and a slight glow throughout the day, Doesn't block pores, Contains SPF 15, Non streaky Doesn't have the glittery effect Can spill but then again, that is what happens when using loose powder, Made a lot of wrong colour choice purchases before deciding which shade looked best. Too many shades to choose from led to wasting money. I'm surprised to see this hasn't had any top ratings so far as I think this is a really great product. For a drugstore bare minerals type product at a reasonable price, this has been the beauty secret that women are switching over to for a quick coverage-touch up before they head to their busy lives. I don't just necessarily mean with just L'Oreal bare minerals, but all the other mineral powders out there. I apply Olay Complete Care Moisturiser with SPF 15 as a base, then dab the brush into the powder, tap excess back into the pot and work around in circular motions on my face. Add a touch of concealer, blusher and maybe lipstick, and then 'Hey, presto! Looking good to head out'. I feel it also helps accentuates my nose, making it appear narrower as when applied on, the sheen after a few hours reflects nicely with the light. I have also been using it on my legs, to hide any skin discolouration which works just as nicely but seems to look more natural later during the day as it softens with my skin. As I have been using the same brush (the one on top) on my legs, I've made sure to buy a separate Kabuki brush for my face. So I'm not mixing around with whatever moisturiser I've been using on my legs with the same brush.

Comments

+ purchased foundation in a pack with bonus blush and perfecting powder. + actually helped to minimize my blemishes and dark spots + gave me just the right amount of coverage - I hated the brush and container. - easily spills - accentuated my dry skin - wiped off easily (when oil blotting) I loved this foundation and the shade I had. I have since switched foundations because I ran out and buying it as a stand-alone foundation was upwards of $35. I think the coverage was fantastic to hide my blackheads, acne marks and my underground pimples. Because of my oily skin, it did come off when blotting, but I would just use a primer beforehand. Definitely recommend.

Comments

Covers well. Very natural looking. Leaves skin super oily. Expensive. Hard to find the right color for my face. You have to use a lot. It's a great powder because it covers a lot and that is a plus because my acne is horrible. It doesn't look caked on. I don't like that it makes my face oily, but other than that it's pretty nice.

Comments

natural looking makes my face oily wipes off easily wears off easily horrible packaging and brush never buying this again. I have VERY oily skin that becomes oily only an hour after applying makeup. When I try to blot off excess oil, my makeup comes off too. I would say it provides light to medium coverage and works horribly with breakouts. Does not look matte, so i would not recommend especially if you have oily skin

Comments

- coverage is nice - buildable coverage - takes awhile to achieve medium coverage - expensive Well, there really isn't much powder in the little jar to begin with. It did look natural, but it took a lot of powder to build up a decent amount of coverage. The jar is a pain, so I would just transfer it to another empty powder container. This powder is not worth the amount of time that it takes to mess with it and adjust it to where you need it to be (to work for you). Don't recommend.

Comments

Fairly good coverage Not shiny Reasonably priced; often 2 for 1 Does not seem to promote acne Holds back oil well Brush is horrible Container is poorly designed Tricky to apply to best advantage Can be messy if not carefully handled First, ditch the container & brush. I transfer it to an empty Bare Escentuals jar. I mix two different colors to get the tone I like. Use a very small amount of aloe vera gel as a primer and be sure it is dry before applying the powder with a firm/fine-pore sponge. Apply sparingly to the face (but use liquid foundation around the eyes as powders accents fine lines). Then use a tiny brush to apply extra product to blemishes or dark spots. Note: If your skin is flaky, the dead skin will be accented by this product unless you exfoliate before applying. I like a 2% BHA liquid for this purpose (Paula's Choice).

Comments

Looked natural Provided good coverage It made my skin very oily after a short period of time It is messy! More powder ended up on my clothes and bathroom counter than on my face! It is an ok mineral foundation. I would buy it again.

Guest Sima
Guest Sima

-> lightweight -> decent coverage -> natural feel/look -> buildable coverage -> didn't break me out -> not a lot for the price i really, really like this powder. the only thing that disappoints me is that for the price, you barely get any powder! it looked wonderful on my skin. i used it to cover some hyperpigmentation and it worked pretty well. i prefer covergirl simply powder, though.

Guest KB
Guest KB

Non irritating After an hr of use, my skin was still super oily and pores looked HUGE

Popular Powder