L'Oreal True Match Foundation Reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Looks natural but broke me out

I checked the ingredients here in the website and saw a red flag. I can't accept that fact so I went to store and actually check the ingredients on the bottle. No red flags, I thought they changed the formulation and made it friendly for acne prone skins. I checked again the ingredients thoroughly. I tried it but after just 2 days, I got acne and white heads. I'm sure L'oreal was the culprit because it's the only thing that I changed in my routine. I end up going back to my holy grail: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation. This is good for those who are still using Acne.Org products.

working but very slow

In my opinion dermalmd acne serum is perfect. I use it as soon as I see a pimple/ breakout forming, and they are always either completely gone or very diminished all within about one day. This serum is the best product I've been able to find for managing breakouts! It is perfect for those pesky breakouts that seem to pop up at the worst times.

Comments

Great for acne, not great for oily skin

This is a really good foundation to appear reduce the texture of acne. Due to it being thin and very runny, it doesn't make bumps and spots appear bigger than they already are, and instead soothes them out! That being said however, many acne sufferers have very oily skin, therefore this does not last longer than 4 hours on my skin, beginning to look oily with that "I've had this foundation all day" look. I've used this foundation on and off for over a year and that is the only flaw I can point out, as the shade range and coverage is great.

Bad Coverage

I bought this foundation because I saw so many acne coverage videos using this foundation. It broke me out so bad on the forehead. I had huge red pimples on the right side of my face. It clings to dry patches and doesn't stay last long.

Not for oily skin

My face was very shiny within a few hours of wearing this, even when I used a primer and set it with translucent powder. Even the areas that are normally dry felt greasy. I just hate that feeling of having a sticky, oily face more than anything. It's a shame because otherwise it matches my skin tone very well, goes on nicely (I use a beauty blender), feels light and has decent coverage. If you have normal or dry skin this might be good for you.

I don't recommend it

Everyone was talking about this product, so i decided to give it a try. Since the first day that I used it I noticed that I started to get new pimples on my skin, but I just continued using it to see if it was a reaction to the product. After a week I realized that this product was breaking out my skin, so I stopped using it and then I proved that it was the product. I have a very picky sensitive skin, so I have to be very careful with the makeup products that I use, wither they can have a non reaction or they can break out my face. If you have a sensitive skin as mine I will not recommend this product for you. I hope my experience helps you.

Holy Grail!

I've tried so many different brands of foundation over the years, but, I always seem to come back to this one. It doesn't add to my breakouts, it's light weight but has very buildable coverage, and stays pretty good through out the day.

Best foundation I have tried

After a number of years of using mineral powder foundations I was quite scared to try a liquid foundation again. I always struggled to find one that didn't break me out after a few days, didn't feel really heavy on the skin and actually looked natural. Fortunately the wonders of modern technology mean that this is the liquid foundation I have been hoping for. I find this to be a lovely light consistency, it gives a really natural finish but totally evens out my skin tone and best of all it actually matches the colour of my skin! I have very pale skin with a slight, erm, purplish undertone. The Rose Ivory colour is fair enough to match my skin, sheer enough to look natural, pigmented enough to cover discolouration and doesn't have that yellow/orange tinge that most 'pale' foundations seem to have. Most importantly, it does not cause my skin to break out. I think my skin tone has actually improved since I started using this a few weeks ago. It feels softer and more hydrated and my skin is starting to look better without make up on too. I will say that I don't think it would do a great job of covering pimples or scars as it's a bit too sheer for that and I use concealer where I need it, though I personally don't see this a negative as I don't think it would look so natural if it was thick enough to cover everything. I think I might be reviewing the new formula foundation as I read reviews before I bought it that suggested that the formula has been improved, though as I have only started using it in the last few weeks I can't compare it. Anyway, I think this is the first time I've ever felt able to recommend any foundation, liquid or otherwise. It's great!

true match = Very bad foundation

Purchased true match brand from the New range in boots two weeks 4 days ago, as out of stock with my usual foundation, true match looked simalure to my usual foundation brand so tried it out, felt ok when applied and didn't have any problems with it for the first 4 days, then I started to notice a few red spots on my face and neck so thought it was my hormones from being due on ! After a few days it got a lot worse my face/ neck became pimply, itchy, sore and rashy, I have never had a problem with different foundations including my usual brand before so this is a first for me ! My face is still full of pimples, sore spots and rashes have not gone, very sore and not sure what to do, I would not recommend this product, very disappointed with the true match brand but not with boots.

Worst foundation EVER used! Terrible

The loreal true match foundation is the worst foundation I have ever applied on my face! None of it's official description is correct. It sinks into pores all over your face as soon as it is spread and I have very small pores to begin with. It does not set at all, it sits on the skin and feels tacky and cakey. Even after letting it settle for five minutes, I lightly pressed my fingers against my face, and a decent amount of foundation transfers straight onto my fingertips! It is super sticky. I use a flat top kabuki brunch to apply liquid foundations and when using this brush and foundation together, it leaves streaky lines across by face; even if I dab the foundation in, it still leaves little dots and bumps all over my face and does not leave a flawless finish at all! it does however, hide small imperfections but does not cover redness and it leave the top of small pimples open instead of covering them. I'm summary, this is the worst foundation I have ever purchased, I would not repurchase this ever again, and for the price that is is ($30.00AU) I have many drugstore foundations half the price that are much much more effective! Very disappointed in this hyped product.

Comments

BROKE ME OUT TERRIBLY. terrible scarring, used two different occasions still broke me out.

My skin is very normal. not too oily not too dry, never really breaks out other than occasional blemish here and there. I first tried this foundation summer of 2014, I found a wonderful shade that worked perfect for me, the coverage stunned me and the finish was beautiful however after a while I started noticing clusters of acne forming on my cheeks. I didn't contribute it to the foundation because make up usually doesn't break me out, I thought it was just hormonal changes however I loved the foundation too much to stop using it to even see if this was the cause of the acne. My acne got worse and worse and I couldn't control it no matter how hard I tried, no product reduced my acne. and on top of the giant clusters of acne constantly covering my cheeks I had blue/purple/red/brown scars. the worst scarring I've had up to this time in my life. there be periods where my acne would shift to the upper sides of my cheeks and leave my middle alone and it still looked like I had acne because the scars were so bright. I continued using it until around December 2014 after my mom urged me to consider it the cause of the acne. within a week of stopping the use of it my skin cleared completely of any bumps all my acne faded, however I was left with the bright acne looking scars that I was very self conscious about. It is summer 2015 a year after I first started and about half a year after stopping I still have scarring however it has improved greatly, a couple of days ago I decided to give the foundation another go purely because I had truly enjoyed the finish and coverage and because I was curious if it had been a hormonal thing that caused my acne or this foundation, in a sense, I wanted closure. After two days of usage I already see acne forming on my cheeks. I stopped usage immediately and now for sure know this foundation is not for me. Sorry about the long testimony but please beware before trying this foundation. I loved it however I hated the way it left my skin In the end. I say try it, if you see break outs forming stop use immediately. all skin is different and this foundation was definitely not for me.

My Favorite Foundation for Sensitive Skin

I've had acne for 11 years, ever since I was 11 and in 5th grade. One of the hardest things for me to find was makeup because my face is very sensitive. I picked this up for the first time in January and I didn't expect much. I hate the feeling of foundation on my face and I'm very fair so finding my shade is also hard. I love this foundation more than any other foundation I've tried. Pros: -It has buildable coverage from sheer to full. Layer on small layers to cover acne and scars is much more natural looking than one thick glob. -I have found not just 1, but 3 different shades that work my fair skin -It doesn't make me oily or dry, it balances -Very easy to blend Cons - The bottle is small and there is no pump therefore a lot of product get wasted and you have to buy a new bottle. Overall I recommend this foundation. Just make sure you use proper skincare underneath and clean your sponges/brushes.

Causes Major Break outs!

I have never suffered acne before but on both sides of my cheeks after one week of using this foundation has caused mild - medium acne and it is so painful! Definitely try get this on special if you are trying this for the first time. :( Read fantastic reviews about this but unfortunately doesn't work for me. Remember everyones skin is different but this is my experience. :(

Good color match/quality for the price.

What I like about this line is there is a clear guide for finding your right shade. I use W6 and it is a pretty good match for my skin tone. The product is a tad on the watery side which I don't mind because this makes it easy to blend. I'm only giving it 4 stars because of the packaging. There is no pump so it's not easy to control the amount of product that pours out of the bottle. On the positive side, you only need a small amount (equivalent to 1 or 1 1/2 pump) to get up to medium coverage. It's buildable so add more on the spots where you need more coverage. It sets to a dewy finish so set it with powder if you prefer a matte appearance or if you have oily skin. Product quality and performance are pretty good for the price. Make sure you know your undertone (warm/cool/neutral) before buying. You might also try getting 2 shades to mix to find the perfect shade or to have a spectrum of shades to use as your color changes with the seasons.

Comments

True Match not as good as what everyone makes it out to be!

Okay so i bought this product about a year ago ( the bottle says its good for a year) but anyway at first it was lovely! Now i don't have a problem with acne or anything like that, but i do get spots here and there and i was told i have combination to oily skin. Yet this foundation lately has dried my skin out, any patch of my skin that was dry it stuck to! Plus i had Been washing my face like normal with a cleanser and toner and a moisturizer. Then when i applied the foundation after i had applied a prime, yet it brought out the dry areas on face which was mainly my t-zone, which i couldn't understand and to this day don't understand as my t-zone usually gets oily. So anyway what it has been doing is sticking to dry areas an making my face look really flakey and cakey, ive tried adding a bit more foundation and when i did that my face super oily ( more than normal) and the foundation moved and it looked patchy. I tried adding a bit less and it still showed dry areas. Although i will say this foundation did do well in matching my skin color and did an okay job at blending( when it wasn't making my face look unpleasant). To be honest I'm quite upset with this product as everybody raves about and at first it seemed it was working and doing its job, i did want it to work for my face and unfortunately it just doesn't. Also i use a high end products when i was washing my face with is Clairns, i also went to the body shop and they gave me a serum that helps out dry areas, i used this and then true match and it did help a bit but you could still see the dry areas a bit. Now this is how i know it defiantly does not work for me is that a few days ago i went and bought Rimmel Wake me up Foundation which is cheaper and didn't show any dry areas, as when i used this foundation i didn't have any and it made my t-zone oily which is how my t-zone had always been before the true match. So for me I'm unsure as to whether i spend another $30 and see if it does the same or if i spend less, $20 to be exact and get the Rimmel Foundation. I think i will be doing the reasonably option and spending my Money on Rimmel. I would give them product a 2/5 as lately it has looked unpleasant and made me feel quite insecure i was always trying to fix the foundation and nothing honestly really worked!

Quick Signs of Acne

I have recently bought this product. 2 days ago to be exact. And my first day I was taking it off when I saw and felt pimples and bumps and My goodness im rarely on of those people who have acne! So this is quite a new concept. I take great care of my skin, im not oily, I use a sponge not a brush. But this product does amazingly well in blending and it matches my color. The only reason I haven't thrown away this product is because well it cost money and it can hide the ance is created quite well but my god it hurts!

Love this

I have minor acne and lots of dryness and scarring from the Regimen. This is a great everyday foundation for me! It comes in so many shades which is amazing because I have very pale skin and the shade C2 Natural Ivory matches me flawlessly. It is light-medium coverage, so if you have strongly moderate or severe acne it probably won't cover enough for you, but on minor acne it is great. Not to mention it kept my dry patches at bay and stayed on all day. Definitely going to be buying this again!

BREAKS ME OUT !!

I have oily, acne prone skin and even using the littlest amount of this like only one shake from the bottle makes me get horrible acne EVERYWHERE. My skin was mostly clear and I decided to use this (what an awful mistake) and broke out on my forehead and nose where I NEVER EVER break out and red pimples all over my cheeks and sides of my face. This is the only thing I changed in my routine. My face feels tingly after I wear this and I look in the mirror and my face is irritated. This is the only foundation that matches my skin color right now which is the only reason I use it when I have things to do. I Regret it EVERY SINGLE TIME. As soon as I buy a new foundation I will be THROWING THIS IN THE TRASH! This makes me oily as heck and has no coverage and somehow cakes around pimples and irritates skin, if you have oily acne prone and DEFINITELY sensitive skin do NOT waste your money on this garbage. :(

Best Color Selection and good coverage

While this is my favorite foundations and it doesn't make me break-out I have read some complaints about it making others break out. (Make sure you're not applying your foundation with your fingers and your brushes and sponges are cleaned regularly.) Okay, so I have really oily beast skin and I really love this foundation. It comes in a million shades and I can usually get about 6 hours of wear out of it, I'm usually reapplying a matte powder by hour 4. I love that there is a perfect shade for my skin, it's super blendable, and you get great coverage. I always, always, always wear a primer (POREfessional by Benefit) under my foundation. I don't like the way liquid foundation feels on my skin and I like knowing there is a barrier between my skin and the makeup. This makes my skin look so smooth and I usually don't have to apply any concealer to spots on my face when I use this, so I would recommend this product, but with any foundation I would recommend using a good moisturizer and a primer.

Great foundation!

Blendable SPF15 Lightweight but still gives great coverage Doesn't last long I wear this at least 3 days a week and saw no difference in my acne. I still love this foundation even though i've got oily skin. Maybe you can try using a setting spray or primer before like i do. Oh and it MUST be used with a powder! Translucent, like e.l.f.'s HD Powder, or the True Match Powder but a shade lighter that the foundation.

Popular Foundation