L'Oreal True Match Foundation reviews

2.9/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9 15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl
Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Mica.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Looks natural but broke me out
Reviewed on November 3, 2017

I checked the ingredients here in the website and saw a red flag. I can't accept that fact so I went to store and actually check the ingredients on the bottle. No red flags, I thought they changed the formulation and made it friendly for acne prone skins. I checked again the ingredients thoroughly. I tried it but after just 2 days, I got acne and white heads. I'm sure L'oreal was the culprit because it's the only thing that I changed in my routine. I end up going back to my holy grail: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation. This is good for those who are still using Acne.Org products.

Bad, broke me out
Reviewed on October 1, 2017

Broke me out on my forehead and along my jaw. I have oily and acne prone sensitive skin

working but very slow
Reviewed on September 6, 2017

In my opinion dermalmd acne serum is perfect. I use it as soon as I see a pimple/ breakout forming, and they are always either completely gone or very diminished all within about one day. This serum is the best product I've been able to find for managing breakouts! It is perfect for those pesky breakouts that seem to pop up at the worst times.

Great for acne, not great for oily skin
Reviewed on September 1, 2017

This is a really good foundation to appear reduce the texture of acne. Due to it being thin and very runny, it doesn't make bumps and spots appear bigger than they already are, and instead soothes them out! That being said however, many acne sufferers have very oily skin, therefore this does not last longer than 4 hours on my skin, beginning to look oily with that "I've had this foundation all day" look.

I've used this foundation on and off for over a year and that is the only flaw I can point out, as the shade range and coverage is great.

not for someone with comedonal acne
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

I absolutely love the coverage and the colors it has to offer, but unfortunately every time I use it, the number of my comedones triples.

For Dry skin
Reviewed on July 15, 2017

Definitely only use this product if you have dry skin. It tended to get greasy on me fast, and would also settle in my smile lines (other foundations don't do this). Coverage is medium and shade range is wide.

Bad Coverage
Reviewed on December 24, 2016

I bought this foundation because I saw so many acne coverage videos using this foundation. It broke me out so bad on the forehead. I had huge red pimples on the right side of my face. It clings to dry patches and doesn't stay last long.

Left my face super oily
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

This product alone is like putting on some kind of greasy oil. I guess back then my face was oily, but I would not try it now due to the fact it also broke me out. Not great coverage either.

Not for oily skin
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

My face was very shiny within a few hours of wearing this, even when I used a primer and set it with translucent powder. Even the areas that are normally dry felt greasy. I just hate that feeling of having a sticky, oily face more than anything.

It's a shame because otherwise it matches my skin tone very well, goes on nicely (I use a beauty blender), feels light and has decent coverage. If you have normal or dry skin this might be good for you.

I don't recommend it
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Everyone was talking about this product, so i decided to give it a try. Since the first day that I used it I noticed that I started to get new pimples on my skin, but I just continued using it to see if it was a reaction to the product. After a week I realized that this product was breaking out my skin, so I stopped using it and then I proved that it was the product. I have a very picky sensitive skin, so I have to be very careful with the makeup products that I use, wither they can have a non reaction or they can break out my face. If you have a sensitive skin as mine I will not recommend this product for you. I hope my experience helps you.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org